• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us 2 teased?

Harlequin

As awesome as TLOU was I really don't want a sequel. I'm not a fan of post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested universes, no matter how well they're done so I really would've preferred them to start a new IP instead of continuing TLOU. It's a finished story that can stand on its own.

Straley is using this pic on his twitter, anyone know where this is from?

web

Naughty Dog making an Akira game?

Can I just say a game doesn't need a massive and overt cliffhanger in order to have a sequel. Sometimes it's just about the lives of characters continuing beyond the original narrative.
Thats actually the reason why I dont mind a sequel.
The first had some much closure at the end that worst case scenario I can just ignore this, and no harm done.

They wouldn't scrap all that work

Would they?

No.

EDIT - To elaborate. The game has been in development for nearly 3 years and is one of Sony's biggest franchises both critically and commercially. You don't nix a proven money maker like that just because you want to push out a sequel for another popular IP.

Y0j1mb0

I must be in the minority here but I'm good. I don't want a sequel and this is coming from someone who absolutely LOVED the game. When I finished the game and put the controller down I felt it was complete. One of the few games that ever made me feel like that.

KorrZ

UC4 team left Naughty Dog because the focus has shifted to bring us TLOU2 first - teaser reveal at E3 2014. BELIEVE GAF!

Stark

Banned
Don't get too hyped. Even if it is TLOU2, which I doubt at this point, there is no way it is anywhere close to release let alone proper reveal (other than maybe a in-engine teaser at E3 or something).

Gets slightly hyped anyway

It's a sequel. And they aren't even changing engines. The output would be much faster, but a teaser is expected if this is real.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
As awesome as TLOU was I really don't want a sequel. I'm not a fan of post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested universes, no matter how well they're done so I really would've preferred them to start a new IP instead of continuing TLOU. It's a finished story that can stand on its own.

It's not about a zombie infested universe, it's about love, redemption and deceit.

On Demand

Banned

What.

Live a little.

Joke...post?
...uhm

I hope this is a joke.

Lol. What?

It sounds like you already have.

You can already do it right now.

Cops are coming.

Would you fantasize/are you going to fantasize/did you fantasize about your daughter when she turns 18? >__>

Must not make offensive jokes and get banned again.

You mean without feeling bad about it any more right

somewhere Dateline's Chris Hanson felt a disturbance in the force.

.... huh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzNSk-Kfvgc&t=0m51s

hehehe.....hehehe.

I was only joking*

Ok i'll stop now.

Wouldn't they already be a couple of months in already if this was the case? I doubt the whole team was working on the tlou PS4 edition. UC4 2015/TLOU 2016 please.

Randoug

Banned
There is no way they are going to cancel Uncharted 4. Seems more like they are prepping for a new game since Uncharted probably has less than a year of development remaining.

EGOMON

I can see the opening of TLOU 2:

Grown up Ellie and old Joel running form some infected, Ellie about to get cought, Joel push her away and get bitten in the process, Ellie went into full rage mode kills all the infected then help Joel walk to a safe place, Joel asks Ellie to finish him off before he turn into infected, Ellie refuse and start crying, Joel beg her to let him die as a human, Ellie crying so hard hug Joel says how much she love him then BAM *gunshot* Joel is dead

*Black Screen*

Ellie in-front of Joel's grave put some flowers and promise Joel that she will end this.

*Black Screen*

Sony Computer Entertainment
Present

Naughty Dog
Production

The Last of Us

Lemondish

Unlike seemingly everyone else here, I actually think that the universe and characters they created for TLoU are deep enough to support sequels. I also think ND is talented enough to do it right. I also don't believe that its smart for us to expect a massive million copy seller like TLoU could be realistically limited to only a single entry. This is a game with an eagerly anticipated PS4 remaster on the way, by the way. Videogames are still a business and a sequel absolutely makes sense.

So, if TLoU2 is a thing, bring it on. If ND chooses not to tackle that, then I trust their decision to leave the story a one off. At the end of the day, though, I would absolutely love to see more of the world after the infection.

Hubb

This, TLOU doesn't need a sequel.

I'll wait till it is released to form that opinion. There is a chance they could knock a sequel out of the park. Of course that also means there is a chance it'll fail horribly, but that is a chance I am willing to let ND take.

Odrion

Banned
Okay, MAYBE not a cancellation of a popular AAA title. But I'm guessing with TLOU's huge success they're pulling away more resources from the Uncharted franchise than what some people want. Maybe it was hard for some people to see their child get turned into the studio's b-tier franchise?

I really don't want a continuation of Ellie and Joel, that story ended fine, new characters in a different part of the world pls.

Top Bottom