• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us crashing phat PS3s.

Minions

eh, i guess...its just, before this gen, i think i had some faulty PS1's die on me, that's it. this time, both my 360 & PS3 died, and my wii was troubled...i get that they're a great deal more complicated than my classic machines but at least those were reliable, this shit having a series of expiration dates feels crappily made, especially for the premium price.

Whens the last time your PS1 (and other consoles) got hot though? Generally the hotter electronics get the less life they will have. That is not a guarantee by any means, but heat kills electronics over time, whether it be solder or otherwise.

I have a fat 80 gb and even with hours and hours of multiplayer, not a single crash. Still I've had lots of other weird issues. This game is not polished like people are claiming. The friendly ai in particular is just horrible. I mean, really really bad.

Minions

I have a fat 80 gb and even with hours and hours of multiplayer, not a single crash. Still I've had lots of other weird issues. This game is not polished like people are claiming. The friendly ai in particular is just horrible. I mean, really really bad.

I had none of these issues with my Slim PS3, which leads me to believe it could be hardware related. The only glitch I had in 3 playthroughs was Ellie disappearing on a horse at one point. That was annoying, but I've seen that other people reported the same glitch so I think it is a known problem.

seat

My 60gb ps3 already crashed at
Hotel basement generator section
more than 10 times and crashes more then I can count even before that. I tried other games but they do not have this problem. It's kinda depressing to buy a $60 game that doesn't work on the old ps3 more than half of the time because ND didn't QA to work on the phat PS3.
I rented Last of Us and ran into the exact same problem on my old model 80 gig PS3. No matter what, the game would not allow me to get past that part. I figured if I started a new game, the problem would most likely still be there. Decided to give up. Was there ever a fix?

Regardless, I've never, ever experienced a game-breaking bug like that before. I was awfully disappointed in this Last of Us because if it. At least with buggy games like Skyrim, a simple reboot usually solves the problem.

I had none of these issues with my Slim PS3, which leads me to believe it could be hardware related. The only glitch I had in 3 playthroughs was Ellie disappearing on a horse at one point. That was annoying, but I've seen that other people reported the same glitch so I think it is a known problem.
No man, it's programming. The ai was basically given a free pass by every outlet that gave it a 9 or 10 score. I don't mean it glitched(other than some horribly jarring animations here and there) just that the ai was so rudimentary and immersion breaking that I almost literally face palmed hourly. And the fact that enemies didn't even see your companions when running in front of them or bumping into them just ruined so many moments for me.

Minions

No man, it's programming. The ai was basically given a free pass by every outlet that gave it a 9 or 10 score. I don't mean it glitched(other than some horribly jarring animations here and there) just that the ai was so rudimentary and immersion breaking that I almost literally face palmed hourly. And the fact that enemies didn't even see your companions when running in front of them or bumping into them just ruined so many moments for me.

What game does not have these issues that has AI partners? I guess Uncharted (sorta) does it, which allows your partners to die. However there is not really any stealth involved in those games. This thread was about glitches/breaking PS3's so I assumed you were having game breaking problems.

Top Bottom