• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us: Late 2012/Early 2013, 3rd Person, [Update 2: More Info In OP]

Raoh

Holy crap, just watched Matango...

matango02.jpg

LOL, I am officially ready for The Last of Us....

image.php
image.php

xlm64.jpg

Nathan_Drake_in_Uncharted_3.png
the_last_of_us_monsters_2.jpg

They look almost exactly alike to me, even more so in motion during the trailer, with Joel just being older. I'm not trying to shit on the game, I'm just a bit surprised people can't see the striking resemblance. You can't be serious with looks "nothing" like Drake. They could be father son and nobody would be surprised. The browline, eyes, and jawline are almost exact imo. The only bit of difference I see is the nose, barely.

I have to agree with this.

It's not a hit to the character design (not much at least) but of all the possible character designs for a mid aged male they did something that looks exactly like some close relative to Drake.

I think it's simply because they want to tap into that visual appeal ... just like how they made the girl Ellen Page. That shit aint random :/

Huff

Banned
You're right in that they are both white similar built males. But the details, like the entire face, are different

Xun

I have to agree with this.

It's not a hit to the character design (not much at least) but of all the possible character designs for a mid aged male they did something that looks exactly like some close relative to Drake.

I think it's simply because they want to tap into that visual appeal ... just like how they made the girl Ellen Page. That shit aint random :/
Most definitely.

It makes sense really.

Irish

Not like Drake, not like Ellen Page... GAF is blind. :/ or... I may just see faces totally differently from everyone else. Hey, I see a lot of things differently from everyone else though.

Still, Ellen Page's face is like 95% forehead and chin though. Ellie's isn't.

Loudninja

Loudninja

I would like to get a discussion going, we haven't discuss some of the info from OPM.

While uncharted is their biggest trump, it's also their biggest curse, and they're scared it will be compared to uncharted.. That's why they want both games to be different looking, and that seemed harder than expected.. They wanted to steer away from postapocalyptic cliches, the metropole in last of us had to be lush and green, but at the same time not too reminding of uncharted.. Which seemed harder than expected, in fact the first version of the game looked so much like uncharted that they started from nothing.. They use a new way of rendering and the lightning has been alterted.. The camerawork is rougher too, like as if it's filmed with a handycam.

The enemies are still as quick and nimble as in uncharted. The cordyceps (the fungus) has taken over their mind and body and is highly infectious, which is why Joel and Ellie immediately run after shooting one, but also because they don't want the shot to lure others.
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/the-last-of-us-new-info-in-nex/1271642

This is interesting to me.I think one of the early articles mention camera work like Children of Men.

I am glad to see they direction they are trying to go in so far.

delta25

Banned
These comparisons really need to stop, who gives a shit what main characters look like, we all know the game is going to be amazing.

Loudninja

The Last Of Us: behind the scenes shots at Naughty Dog.
You’ve probably seen the coverage from the recent press event, Official PlayStation Magazine UK’s own The Last Of Us cover included. Here are some behind the scenes stuff. There’s a bunch of concept art for Josh and Ellie, some mo-cap from the actors’ auditions and a bunch of development stuff showing character models. Most importantly you’ll want to watch tomorrow’s Access TV to see video from the team’s trip to see the game and interview the team.
http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...of-us-behind-the-scenes-shots-at-naughty-dog/

Cyberia

According to Keighley the latest GI issue reveals a new character.

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley

Check out the new Game Informer to meet a new character from The Last of Us. See the world premiere at VGAs on Dec 7. @PlayStation

Top Bottom