• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Wait what??? Wow, wasn't like that yesterday. That's pretty weird. I downloaded it on my home PC but I'm at work now otherwise I'd upload it for you

It isn't Gamersyde's video necessarily. It is a user submitted (Gaffer made) video. They are blocking all TLoU videos until it comes out. You will still get it blocked unless you rehost it.
pretty sure they said the updated shadow stuff isn't in there until day 1 patch.
day 1 patch is out? don't see any shadow differences.

It isn't there until you download the patch. But the patch is also apparently out. IDK what to believe.

I refuse to believe those screenshots are with the patch. There is little if no difference at all and certainly no difference that would require a 30fps lock instead of just straight 60fps.

Actually I take that back. There is absolutely no difference what so ever between the two settings. I've been looking at those screenshots and I see nothing. The lighting and shadows look exactly the same.

MrDenny

Just checked ebay, the post pandemic edition is still selling for 400-500$.
The Ellie and Joel figure is going for 300$ alone.
I'm not surprised since the figure was really well made.

Andrew.

Banned
Just checked ebay, the post pandemic edition is still selling for 400-500$.
The Ellie and Joel figure is going for 300$ alone.
I'm not surprised since the figure was really well made.

What's Survival going for? The whole package.

The coolest collectible I got was the Firefly pendant keychain from the special edition hardback strategy guide. Which is beautiful.

I get the guides that give you the trinkets.

MrDenny

What's Survival going for? The whole package.

The coolest collectible I got was the Firefly pendant keychain from the special edition hardback strategy guide. Which is beautiful.

I get the guides that give you the trinkets.
Not much if opened, but a new sealed copy is going for around 100$.

JLeack

Banned
Actually I take that back. There is absolutely no difference what so ever between the two settings. I've been looking at those screenshots and I see nothing. The lighting and shadows look exactly the same.

There is a difference. I'll show you on Monday morning when the embargo drops.

To be fair, they are naughty dogs and only a good dog would tell the truth.

Touche'

giphy.gif

AKyemeni

TBH I don't think the shadows justify dropping the game 30FPS.

Sacrificing responsiveness and smoothness for SLIGHTLY better shadows doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

There is no difference in those screenshots. The Monday screenshots might show a difference (and I fully expect a difference), but those screenshots I don't believe are showing the improved shadows/lighting because the screenshots are exactly the same.

Top Bottom