• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant PC benchmark program released

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Very optimized. I was getting 180fps at some points. I just excited the benchmark. I will buy it when it hits the bargain bin.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
My download went way faster than I expected, and the resultts my notebook pulled off were just as shocking. :lol

1680x1050, full screen:

TLR.png

T9800 @ 2.93Ghz
9800M GT
3GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Nikorasu

2vdpjfa.png

Win7 x64 build 7000
C2D E8400 @3.8GHz
4GB DDR2-800
Radeon HD 4870x2

Benched at 1920x1080 fullscreen. Crossfire seems to do very little for this game. :(

Lince

Banned
1360x768 (old Sony Bravia)
Q6600 @ 3.0 GHZ
9800GTX+ 512mb @ Stock
4 GB RAM
Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

average FPS: 124

Durante

duckroll said:
- The PC version will also feature dual language text and voice options. You can select text language on a drag-down menu, and seperately you can select if you want english or japanese voices.
Awesome! So I'll get more than just 1200p and higher framerates by waiting for the PC version! (I was secretly hoping for this)

They should release FF13 on PC as well. I shudder just imagining the greatness.

Aaron

Tempted to re-buy on PC if they don't patch the 360 one, which I doubt they will. The ability to go all leader teams will be worth it.

E6750 + GeForce 9600GT

82.48fps @ 720p (1280x720)

57.45fps @ 1680x1050 (but this really isn't a good indication of how it looked. It certainly dropped to like 20fps at times.

For my card 1280x720 seems to be the way to go if you want to keep it locked higher than 30. And most of the time it was above 60fps at that res.

senahorse

E8500 (3.16Ghz)
4GB DDR2
4870 X2
Vista 64
1920x1200

64.83fps

Pretty happy with that considering I had a fair few things running in the background. :D

Haunted

70.37 @ the native res of my TV (720p), most excellent.

Environments look meh (blocky), but the models and particle effects (water) were pretty good.

Will buy.

At 1080p, I got 67fps on a quadcore @ 3.6 and a 4870x2, mainly taking hits when the dragon splashed the water, and when the HDR Gun was fired. If the game is not CPU-limited, then that number will presumably get a bump when drivers including a CrossfireX profile are released.

Ricker

I won't even bother running the benchmark on my PC,it will probably make it explode(almost 4 years old now,running 1.75 ram DDR on a 7950 )and i'm currently playing it on the 360 but it should look great on a high end PC that's for sure,and they probably fixed the pop-ins and slowdowns as well...if you want a challenge,don't put more then 2 leaders in your Unions and you have some challenging Boss fights...

PARANO1A

Aaron said:
Tempted to re-buy on PC if they don't patch the 360 one, which I doubt they will. The ability to go all leader teams will be worth it.
Agree. I still don't know how to teach my soldiers new classes of skills, and there are no hirable soldiers (at Ancient Ruins) casters that can heal :/ I would like either a patch that lets me choose a high level focus ("this dude is a caster/healer", "this dude is a pure soldier", etc) or let me have all leaders so I can manage their new skills.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
CabbageRed said:
At 1080p, I got 67fps on a quadcore @ 3.6 and a 4870x2, mainly taking hits when the dragon splashed the water, and when the HDR Gun was fired. If the game is not CPU-limited, then that number will presumably get a bump when drivers including a CrossfireX profile are released.

That sounds a bit odd.

I just ran the Benchmark on my Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.2Ghz), 4GB of RAM and a single 4870 1GB card and I got 71.86 Average FPS at 1920x1200 resolution.

Thanks for posting this, OP! I played up near the end of the game on the Xbox 360, but the shitty performance even when installed really got to me. It is going to be amazing to play this game at high resolution with no texture pop-in and all of the extra features. I can't wait.

I was reading their website and they had a list of "ranks" for their benchmark program to give the user an idea of what kind of experience they should expect. I found it funny that their bottom rank of "slow" (25fps or less) says, "unfortunately the necessary requirements are not sufficiently met and it will probably be difficult to progress the game" when the Xbox 360 version pretty much ran at sub 25fps and had a lot of texture pop-in. I guess they didn't consider that version playable! I'm glad I sold it back while I could still get a good price.

Pretty much no hope the PS3 version will be any more optomized considering the engine it's on so I'm thinking I'll HAVE to pick up the PC version.

CoG

Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
9800GT
XP SP3
1280x720 full-screen

99.78 fps

Not sure why it runs so slow. Visuals look pretty terrible to me.

K.Jack said:
My download went way faster than I expected, and the resultts my notebook pulled off were just as shocking. :lol

1680x1050, full screen:

TLR.png

T9800 @ 2.93Ghz
9800M GT
3GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Wow, I got a similar setup to you, but I have a faster processor and dual 8800GT, yet I only got 6 frames higher. I guess this game doesn't take advantage of SLI?

Mamesj

Banned
isamu said:
Have they said anything about bringing FF XIII to PC as well?

I forget where it was, but there was some line somewhere official that vaguely could be construed as FFXIII coming out for the PC.

Take that as "No, but maybe there's a shred of a chance."

e7200 @ 2.53 GHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB
ATI Catalyst 8.12 Drivers
4 GB Ram
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
Resolution: 1024x768 @ 60Hz

Average FPS: 85.36

Going to do another one later today when I do a fresh install of the Catalyst 9.1 drivers, but I doubt it'll change much.

Mamesj said:
I forget where it was, but there was some line somewhere official that vaguely could be construed as FFXIII coming out for the PC.

Take that as "No, but maybe there's a shred of a chance."
What kind of engine does it run on? Last Remnant is going to be on PC because it's UE3 tech, maybe if it does well and the engine ports easily to PC we might see FFXIII on PC someday.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
TouchMyBox said:
Wow, I got a similar setup to you, but I have a faster processor and dual 8800GT, yet I only got 6 frames higher. I guess this game doesn't take advantage of SLI?
Looking at some of the 295+ and 4870x2 scores, I doubt it will give much of any advantage. My card is also overclocked @ 610/1525/950.

Indrew

Neo Member
duckroll said:
Cool, the official site has info about the additional features that were revealed in Famitsu too.

- In the PC version there's a "high speed mode" for battles, which speeds things up, it doesn't go into detail but it probably just skips all the unneeded animations.

- They also removed the leader limit for forming unions, so the only limitions are the number of unions you can form, and the number of battle members you can have in the game. This seems like it might break the game though, since leaders are so much stronger than normal troops.

- There's a weapon viewer now that shows the 3D model of weapons when you select them in shops or in the game menu. Cool!

- The PC version will also feature dual language text and voice options. You can select text language on a drag-down menu, and seperately you can select if you want english or japanese voices.

Shit, I want these available for the 360 version!

CTLance

I'm only getting 200KB/s off the servers. Gonna have to wait a bit. :(

I have the 360 version, but I'm looking forward to seeing how my undervolted "silent" PC fares with this.

Had this on 360 but traded it in once I got a new computer. Really liked the game, looking forward to diving into it again.

tlrresult.jpg

Running at 1920x1080 (full screen the first time, then windowed so I could screen cap the result screen.. fps was the same)

My Rig -

C2D E8200 @2.66Ghz
4096Mb pc2 1066
Radeon HD4870 512mb (Catalyst 9.1)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (Beta)

Lowest fps that I observed was 22.. and that was when it was zoomed close in on that guy's Gatling pistol.. not sure what about it killed the framerate, honestly.

Nos_G

tlrbench808.jpg

1280x1024
Athlon64 x2 6000+ (stock)
2x evga 9800GT (512mb) SLI (Forced AFR2/stock)
2 gigs OCZ sli ready memory
WinXP Pro SP3

Sli does help a bit. ;)

Haunted

Indrew said:
Shit, I want these available for the 360 version!
Hadn't heard about those changes. sounds excellent.

We could be looking at another Mirror's Edge/DMC4/Assassin's Creed type situation here. I'm hopeful.

Ryn

duckroll said:
Cool, the official site has info about the additional features that were revealed in Famitsu too.

- In the PC version there's a "high speed mode" for battles, which speeds things up, it doesn't go into detail but it probably just skips all the unneeded animations.

- They also removed the leader limit for forming unions, so the only limitions are the number of unions you can form, and the number of battle members you can have in the game. This seems like it might break the game though, since leaders are so much stronger than normal troops.

- There's a weapon viewer now that shows the 3D model of weapons when you select them in shops or in the game menu. Cool!

God dammit, why does the PC get the better version?
*stares at 360 Last Remnant which takes my dying 360 10 minutes to boot up in itself*
.. =(
Looks like I might be swiping another copy for my PC.

CTLance

Hmmm. 57.62fps off an external USB harddrive with other apps running. s'OK, I guess. A stable 60fps should be doable.

Gotta play my 360 copy one of those days.

Edit:
My hardware, for comparisons sake: AMD 4850e + ATI4850 512MB + 4 GB RAM

Inspirius

Just running on my laptop to give an idea of lower specced machine:

1280x720
Intel T7250
4Gb ram
8400M

gives: 15.6 fps.

So a bit of tweaking with a normal desktop machine should have this running no worries.

Teknoman

Ryn said:
God dammit, why does the PC get the better version?
*stares at 360 Last Remnant which takes my dying 360 10 minutes to boot up in itself*
.. =(
Looks like I might be swiping another copy for my PC.

Even after HDD installation?

Melchiah

My results:
33.71fps (1280x720 with 4xAA/8xAF)

Laptop:
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 (2.0GHz)
Nvidia 9600M GT 512MB
4GB DDR2

Durante

Robobandit said:
Lowest fps that I observed was 22.. and that was when it was zoomed close in on that guy's Gatling pistol.. not sure what about it killed the framerate, honestly.
Gazillion layers of almost full screen alpha blending. Should most likely scale almost perfectly with memory bandwidth.

Anyway, I'll buy a GTX260 (216 core) the day this comes out, a colleague has one and gets 94 FPS average at 1920x1200.

crimsonheadGCN said:
e7200 @ 2.53 GHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB
ATI Catalyst 8.12 Drivers
4 GB Ram
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
Resolution: 1024x768 @ 60Hz

Average FPS: 85.36

Going to do another one later today when I do a fresh install of the Catalyst 9.1 drivers, but I doubt it'll change much.

Did a clean install with the new 9.1 drivers and my result was an average of 95.68 fps. o_O

Teknoman

Haunted said:
Hadn't heard about those changes. sounds excellent.

We could be looking at another Mirror's Edge/DMC4/Assassin's Creed type situation here. I'm hopeful.

Mirrors Edge and DMC 4 were better on PC?

Top Bottom