• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nirolak said:
Unless I'm reading this wrong, which is quite possible, does this mean the combat system is real time?

Real time can mean anything. ATB is technically real time. Besides, hasn't he said it's real time before?

We'll just have to wait and see what he means.

ILikeFeet

Banned
whoooo! I prefer real-time over anything. HYPE HYPE HYPE

(not really, I'm keeping my expectations in check due to their last games)

thefro

MoogPaul said:
He could be talking about a real time game clock. He says nothing about battles.

I think that's more likely, although it's pretty clear the battle system is going be something different as well.

cosmicblizzard said:
Real time can mean anything. ATB is technically real time. Besides, hasn't he said it's real time before?

We'll just have to wait and see what he means.
Yeah I agree it could mean a number of things, except the fact that when the term real time is used when talking about RPGs it usually has to do with the combat system.

Scythesurge said:
Yeah I agree it could mean a number of things, except the fact that when the term real time is used when talking about RPGs it usually has to do with the combat system.

The Gooch has used the term real time to talk about the ATB before.

But you're right, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for a semi-turn based system from the way they're talking about it :/

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
11tbjoo.jpg

b8l4x1.jpg

2qu6al2.jpg

Ydahs

Quick, someone translate!

Does it give an indication of how long between blog updates?

EDIT: Art looks beautiful. Kinda makes me think the game is going to be cel-shaded, like DQ8.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The art is wonderful! :eek:

The music is pretty nice too. This track makes me a bit more confident about the score than the first track, since the first track sounded like it could have easily been a part of Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey's OSTs (it sounded wonderful though, don't get me wrong) but this track sounds a bit different.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh this really could be awesome....plz Mistwalker/Artoon(?) dont fuck it up.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
cosmicblizzard said:
Could you tell us the general gist of the column? Does it mention anything about gameplay?
Usually when duckroll doesn't translate something, it's because it pretty much has no useful information.

madara

Oh dear me, that is gorgeous. Trying not to fall for the concept art dream again. Major ove rworld please, fingers crossed.

Why the hell does the text show up like this on my browser?

–{ì‚Ì•‘‘ä‚́uƒ‹ƒŠ“‡v‚¾BŽR–¬‚Ɉ͂܂ꂽ‘å—¤‚É‚Û‚©‚ñ‚Æ‚ ‚¢‚½—Bˆê‚̘p‚Ì“ü‚èŒû‚Ɉʒu‚·‚éB‚»‚±‚Í”wŒã‚ɍT‚¦‚é’鍑‚ÌŒð’Ê‚Æ–hŒä‚Ì—v‚Å‚ ‚èA‚»‚ꂪŒÌ‚É•x‚Æ—Í‚ªW’†‚·‚éêŠ‚Å‚à‚ ‚éB‹‘å–C‘䂪’ÁÀ‚µA˜r‚Ì‚½‚‹RŽm‚Æ–½’m‚炸‚Ì—b•º‚ªA“G‚̐N—ª‚É”õ‚¦‚éB

I frequently visit japanese sites and never have trouble viewing them. I would like to read what it says about the game, but I guess I need to install something.

Nirolak said:
Usually when duckroll doesn't translate something, it's because it pretty much has no useful information.

Should've figured that. Guess we'll have to wait a bit longer. That's fine. I'm perfectly happy staring at the art while imagining a Wii version of Chrono Trigger.

duckroll

cosmicblizzard said:
Could you tell us the general gist of the column? Does it mention anything about gameplay?

No, it doesn't. It's just the director and producer talking about Ruri Island, which is the setting for the game. The director talks about how the continent is surrounded by mountain ranges and the only accessible point being that island port. As such it is heavily fortified and a major point of defense. It sounds like the ruler of the island carries certain ambitions and seeks magic as a resource to rise in power.

Somehow even though the entire empire is suffering poverty and decay, the town of Ruri remains prosperous. It's implied that the source of the town's wealth is related to magic, and there's a strange power in it which begins to attract monsters towards it, and the fate of the island is soon to be changed forever.

The world of The Last Story is supposed to be one where metal resources are scarce, and Sakaguchi is trying to limit the amount of sci-fi influence on the world setting, and he wants players to be able to enjoy a smooth experience of exploring around Ruri Island, a place bathed in the abundance of radiant sunlight.

duckroll said:
No, it doesn't. It's just the director and producer talking about Ruri Island, which is the setting for the game. The director talks about how the continent is surrounded by mountain ranges and the only accessible point being that island port. As such it is heavily fortified and a major point of defense. It sounds like the ruler of the island carries certain ambitions and seeks magic as a resource to rise in power.

Somehow even though the entire empire is suffering poverty and decay, the town of Ruri remains prosperous. It's implied that the source of the town's wealth is related to magic, and there's a strange power in it which begins to attract monsters towards it, and the fate of the island is soon to be changed forever.

The world of The Last Story is supposed to be one where metal resources are scarce, and Sakaguchi is trying to limit the amount of sci-fi influence on the world setting, and he wants players to be able to enjoy a smooth experience of exploring around Ruri Island, a place bathed in the abundance of radiant sunlight.

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted :)

Hmmm. I like the idea of exploring the island. I don't know how I would feel about the entire game being there but if it worked for Chrono Cross, it could work for this. We really can't judge on this alone though. Hope we get more info soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom