• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The latest XKCD (Click and Drag) is Epic

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarMacheen

I went all the way to the right and it stopped here

clickanddrag_zps6f8590b9.png

Retro

I can't be the only one who used to do exactly this kind of stuff in the margins of my homework, can I? Hell, I kept doing it into adult hood. I used to have a photo I took of several of these laid out on the floor, it was like 10 feet long.

jtb

Banned
a fucking pain in the ass to scroll all the way through with a trackpad, but wow. That was awesome.

I can't be the only one who used to do exactly this kind of stuff in the margins of my homework, can I? Hell, I kept doing it into adult hood. I used to have a photo I took of several of these laid out on the floor, it was like 10 feet long.

I did that sort of stuff too. Random drawings of buildings, characters and creatures in the margins, or around and through the work once the teacher had finished marking it. If it was a particularly boring lesson, or a subbed lesson where we had to be quiet I'd devote a whole page to it and make it a big scene, with different things going on. Wish I still had some of them

mattp

Here's the interactive map I promised earlier. At time of posting it's still uploading so you won't be able to see all the details just yet.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12527604/misc/xkcd/index.html

If you have IE9/IE10 I'd recommend using them over Chrome or Firefox to view this because the hardware acceleration makes a huge difference. It's really amazing.

well, this is fucking awesome

and yeah using ie9 is A LOT faster than chrome

ektoll

Here's the interactive map I promised earlier. At time of posting it's still uploading so you won't be able to see all the details just yet.

If you have IE9/IE10 I'd recommend using them over Chrome or Firefox to view this because the hardware acceleration makes a huge difference. It's really amazing.

No problem with chrome, it went fine. Excellent upload by the way, the scroll to zoom is perfect! ;)

Could this be a reference to the HGTTG? :

eoMeY.png

I'll be not nearly the first to say:

1. This is awesome and impressive.
2. I usually hate XKCD.
2a. The top panels are indicative of some of the things I hate about XKCD.

Red

No problem with chrome, it went fine. Excellent upload by the way, the scroll to zoom is perfect! ;)

Could this be a reference to the HGTTG? :

eoMeY.png

Almost definitely.

xkcd has tentatively been my favorite web comic for a long time, but this one cements it.

InsanezX2

I did this too. When I was a kid I used one of those rolls of adding machine/receipt paper and drew a city full of stick people across at least two thirds of the length of it. I think it's still at my parents' house somewhere.

Yours is by far the best, the google maps version sucks.

Thank you for your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom