• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S3 |OT| The End Is Near - Premieres Sunday 4/16, 9pm on HBO

Kadayi

Banned
The GR were committing crimes against innocent people all the time and the law did nothing against them. The show justified it by saying the cops are OK with hurting adults but not children (!).

So basically dropping a bomb on the GR is trash and highly convenient way to get rid of that plot-line. What i want to know is whether this was planned or because this is the final season they had to fast-track stuff and skip time and erase plot-lines and characters from existence. There's also the issue of what happened with the many other GR factions which surely didn't sit on their hands after the bombing - were they all raided and dismantled. I should hope we at least get a throwaway comment about it.

I don't think the GR are remotely out of the equation. Liv Tyler and her brand are, but they were a splinter group.

Erigu is certainly entitled to his opinion on the show, but do people believe they can change his mind or just enjoy arguing with him?

I put him on ignore last season. Seemed to just have an axe to grind over Lost from what I can recall. I'm all for critical discourse, but when the motives are driven by animosity towards the showrunner, over some perceived slight, it's time to tune that person out.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I put him on ignore last season. Seemed to just have an axe to grind over Lost from what I can recall. I'm all for critical discourse, but when the motives are driven by animosity towards the showrunner, over some perceived slight, it's time to tune that person out.

Ehh, let's not do this.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Don't Be Ridiculous

Nora goes to St. Louis on business for the Department of Sudden Departure to investigate a possible scam that involves convincing family members of The Departed that they can see their loved ones again.

Dany

Banned
New episode tonight!

xS8vFqv.png

tenor.gif

Ogni-XR21

Decided to finally get season 1 and 2 on bluray, arrived on Friday and I have binged both seasons over the last few days. One remark, I think it was in the background on some TV show, was about some crazy guy from Australia who claimed he died and came back to life. I wonder if this has something to do with the move to Australia (other than Kevin's dad being there and him helping Kevin during International Assassin).

Actually i was wondering why he was on my ignore list too. Lol seems i got my answer. Must have been last season also.

He's on mine too, totally forgot about it until the start of season 3 and this thread got going.

Decided to finally get season 1 and 2 on bluray, arrived on Friday and I have binged both seasons over the last few days. One remark, I think it was in the background on some TV show, was about some crazy guy from Australia who claimed he died and came back to life. I wonder if this has something to do with the move to Australia (other than Kevin's dad being there and him helping Kevin during International Assassin).

Don't forget the dude Kevin ran into both times in the hotel world, on the bridge with the nooses and at the hotel bar singing karaoke. That guy seemed to be very familiar with how to navigate that world and he had...an Australian accent.

SickBoy

Eh, it's a discussion board, and I'm engaging Erigu in discussion. I used to get mad at him for going on and on about Lost and about this, but I realized that he's not hurting anyone, and he's right that discussion threads about TV shows don't have to be echo chambers.

So the latter, then (enjoying arguing with him). That's cool.

I asked only because I saw last year people seemingly getting agitated or angry with him (like you say you used to), so I was genuinely curious...

I generally don't agree with Erigu's feelings about this show (and I don't have any experience with Lost to know the baggage people may or may not have from that one)... but he's fine by me in general. I think my point is that I hope no one gets ranty or heated... for the people who may have ignored him last year, maybe that was the best move for them. If people want to rise to the debate challenge, that's cool.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it felt like last year some people got a little POed. Certainly we can be civil here, right? :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
20 minutes!!! I haven't been this excited and impatient for new episodes since LOST.

I love and hate this feeling lol

Difference for me is this time I'm not diving neck deep into every episode trying to decipher clues in every episode like I did with LOST... Man I was obsessed with every minor detail of that show.

Chumley

Banned
The episode synopsis's and titles are on IMDB for every ep except 8 (only the ep title is up for that one). For anyone who wants to get semi-spoiled.

Top Bottom