• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S3 |OT| The End Is Near - Premieres Sunday 4/16, 9pm on HBO

Nora's gonna go in the machine and it's going to refuse to work for her like it has for everyone else, just like all the machines refused to work for her tonight.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Nora's gonna go in the machine and it's going to refuse to work for her like it has for everyone else, just like all the machines refused to work for her tonight.

i highly doubt she is gonna agree to be fucking incinerated. She thinks they are frying people. She probably thinks she can bust them.

Is Kevin actually repeatedly killing himself and going back to the hotel repeatedly or is he just asphyxiating himself a bunch for some reason?

I liked the episode. But I'm not to sure about the music choices so far. :/

I might disagree, but nah..it had me feeling a certain type of way. Now, the music combo and Brett Butler showing up became a weird ABC in the 80s thing that absolutely took me out of it..at least for a moment.

I like Nora but she is an asshole

She's a mother parent still dealing with grief. Yes. But no.

Dany

Banned
You're crazy.
The music this episode had be cackling with joy

I mean. I obviously laughed them dancing on the trampoline to Wu Tang Clan.

It comes off as irreverent and light which is a change of pace from what I recall from the previous seasons

That machine is clearly a red herring (on the count that HBO don't have the money to shoot the alternate world), so why even waste time on red herring in the last season?

It comes off as irreverent and light which is a change of pace from what I recall from the previous seasons

I dunno..shit felt powerful to me. Why do I keep quoting you? 😃

This season seems full of moments like this so far, which makes it just feel like one of the most human shows I've seen in a long time.

BearPawB

Banned
The perfect strangers theme occurring on the episode with the guy from perfect strangers is so wacky I can't possibly hate it

~Kinggi~

Banned
The perfect strangers theme occurring on the episode with the guy from perfect strangers is so wacky I can't possibly hate it

Im pretty sure there was an episode in s1 or maybe s2 talking about how they found a guy in Mexico or something that was acting like he was departed. I think it was this guy.

i highly doubt she is gonna agree to be fucking incinerated. She thinks they are frying people. She probably thinks she can bust them.

Well that was the whole point around this episode, right? Her trying to cram her beliefs down with cynicism to the point that she was almost like Patti, putting the picture of the pillar guy's corpse up for everyone to see. She was kind of a huge asshole. And now we're supposed to wonder whether or not she buys the idea, or is going to let herself be incinerated as some kind of release from her life.

You're crazy.
The music this episode had be cackling with joy

Yes, exactly. I'm like, scrambling to buy songs from iTunes after every episode. Thank goodness Sepinwall recapped the songs that were used tonight.

Also, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, Mark Linn Baker is a fucking GOOD actor. That scene was awesome.

Im pretty sure there was an episode in s1 or maybe s2 talking about how they found a guy in Mexico or something that was acting like he was departed. I think it was this guy.

It's been in every season so far.

Season 1 was that the whole Perfect Strangers cast departed
Season 2 was that he faked his departure, and was found in mexico refusing to speak english,
Season 3 takes it to the logical conclusion.

God, the piano version of the Perfect Strangers theme song when she's driving is so fucking choice.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Pretty sure this is gonna end with Kevin sacrificing himself and leaving Nora all pissed off thinking he didnt have to to save humanity.

1) The apocalypse is real and the Book of Kevin spread like gospel after the 2nd event happened, with Noah being left behind again with Kevin departing (or dying)

Like her children, she copes with trying to pretend she doesn't know Kevin and live her life moving on.

2) We're shown that "the other side", can possibly have the same locations as Earth. Noah decides to try and reunite with her kids, and takes the chance. She's successfully transported to the other side. However, such a small percent of the population exists on this "other side", it's basically the apocalypse in itself. Modern society can't function with such a spread population across the planet, which explains the message pigeons and Noah roaming around on a bike.

She's basically stuck in Australia for the rest of her life.

How the departed know about Kevin, well that's the big plot hole in this stupid idea.

Vic_Viper

Did the producers tell everyone to grow beards this season lol? I swear, every male main character has a beard when they didnt last season.

Justin

Made an audible gasp when Nora walked in on Kevin at the end.

Also Kevin wins the most unconvincing "yes" ever award when asked if he is happy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The piano perfect strangers theme song was excellent.

Carrie Coon is so awesome as Nora a really love episodes that focus on her. As much as an asshole Nora can be Tommy had the biggest asshole lines in the episode tonight. What he said to Nora in the car was brutal.

Carrie Coon is so awesome as Nora a really love episodes that focus on her. As much as an asshole Nora can be Tommy had the biggest asshole lines in the episode tonight. What he said to Nora in the car was brutal.

Yeah, definitely a poor choice of words for Tommy. C/S on Carrie Coon being a force of nature, so glad the show introduced me to her.

Trampoline time with Regina King was great. The show continues to do an excellent job of sprinkling in comedy, amid all the intense emotion.

Aussie Kevin seemed like a dick.

Erigu

That machine is clearly a red herring (on the count that HBO don't have the money to shoot the alternate world), so why even waste time on red herring in the last season?
Man, you're not going to like the episode where Kevin knocks his head in his oven while looking for disappearing bagels and forgets how to speak English.

Vic_Viper

Just noticed Carrie Coon is in Fargo this season!

Also had no idea shes from Copley, OH. I lived there most of my life before moving to where im at now lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Wu-Tang Clan trampoline scene is the best thing ever done on TV. Period.

Really good episode, liking the season thus far. Last scenes in both episodes have been super WTF.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's dumb that they kept the season 2 opening but just changed the song. I assume they'll change it again next week and the week after that, etc. It feels gimmicky.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Perfect Strangers guy and the Wu-Tang reveal should've happened in different episodes so the theme song could've been a Wu-Tang song.

It's dumb that they kept the season 2 opening but just changed the song. I assume they'll change it again next week and the week after that, etc. It feels gimmicky.

I still miss the season 1 intro. I loved it. I was kind of hoping they would do a brand new intro for season 3 though. I grew pretty fond of the season 2 intro when I binge watched the second half of season 2 the other week.

My mom has watched a few episodes of this show, all random ones from every season, probably five in total. She watched the one tonight and came up to me and said "this show doesn't make any sense" and I'm like ?????????

fade_

My mom has watched a few episodes of this show, all random ones from every season, probably five in total. She watched the one tonight and came up to me and said "this show doesn't make any sense" and I'm like ?????????

Tell her there's one episode that puts all the pieces together and play the International Assassin episode.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I was kind of hoping they would do a brand new intro for season 3 though.

Same. This feels like they didn't have the budget for a new intro but still wanted to do something new, so they compromised and just changed the song.

It'd be worse if it was just the same opening each episode..

...you mean like with every single other TV show ever, including the last two seasons of this show

Chumley

Banned
I like Nora but she is an asshole

No she's not. She's a mother dealing not only with the loss of two children, but losing them in a way that alienates her from everyone else.

Nora can't abide by scam artist scumbags pulling this shit, and she realized on the laptop that this is clearly the largest scale scam operation she's ever seen. She wants to bring them down.

Top Bottom