• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3/Vita) launching 12/22 in NA

A.E Suggs

They only said the western releases would have all post-Japan release patches rolled in already... nothing about costume DLC. Hell, didn't even know there WERE any.
Yeah but they always try for all dlc licensed or not. We'll get the unique costumes for sure, the store color swaps is a toss up. Someone could always ask hprotag if needed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy shipped my copy a day earlier than usual. Maybe it will be the second game with release day shipping to actual arrive on release day!

Gimme some OT title suggestions!

I don't know if (light returning character spoilers)
Olivier being in the game
is too spoilery to include in the thread title or not.
If not I was thinking something like
|OT|
Perhaps Less Olivier than Usual

Shizuka

|OT|

Please, not that. Use something new for a change, this one deserves it. Perhaps a play with "Class VII" and FFVII, something like that. I'm not that creative, but I'd rather we have a unique title for this one.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't SC come out this year though?

Yeah, but I think the idea is that it's a pretty big game and it's coming out with like one week left in the year. If you like the game enough to finish it within that one week you probably also like it enough to make it your GOTY. Not sure if that's accurate though since a sizable chink of the game's audience is probably kids/students who have the rest of the year off anyway.

Could also see the reception to the game being more positive here since the Kiseki formula is still fresh here, especially among anime fans that are going to be receptive to the school stuff.

Khort

Amazon Canada just told me I would get my standard vita copy around the 30th... How disappointing! Guess more time to finish TiTS and Xenoblade_Chronicles!

No PS4 version? Why?

It never came out on PS4. It's a 2013 game that just got translated.

Edit:
Is it recommended to play FC and SC before Cold Steel? I know this question gets asked a lot and that the main plots are unrelated, but is there any "omg!" easter eggs I'll be missing out on if I play Cold Steel first? I already have FC, but I'm more interested in playing Cold Steel just because it's the newer game.

Psxphile

Maybe we'll see Kai versions of the first two Sen games on PS4 before Sen III hits, lol. There's no reason for them to, but it'd be funny.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It never came out on PS4. It's a 2013 game that just got translated.

Edit:
Is it recommended to play FC and SC before Cold Steel? I know this question gets asked a lot and that the main plots are unrelated, but is there any "omg!" easter eggs I'll be missing out on if I play Cold Steel first? I already have FC, but I'm more interested in playing Cold Steel just because it's the newer game.

It doesn't seem necessary, but it does seem to be recommended. Apparently it doesn't require knowledge from those games but it does refer back to those events, which could spoil the overall story from FC/SC some.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| BUY THIS GAME

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Your Favorite Imperial High School Drama

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Type-0 Done Right

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| XSeed's Christmas Miracle

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Sendoff to the Year of Dreams

|OT|

I was mentioning that off-handedly, but given what happens in Ch 8 of SC, there's probably a WHAM scene involving that so it should probably be sacrosanct to those who don't know.

"|OT|: From Thirst To Flood"?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How many years after SC does this game take place?

kEyM3cg.jpg

Psxphile

So barely a few months then, got it.
EDIT: Why did the Crossbell duo end up with two different titles (Zero, Ao/Azure) when the others used the same title? Should have been Zero no Kiseki I and later II, right?

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Freezing Metal TiTS

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Colder than a Witcher's TiTS

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Breasts joke

So barely a few months then, got it.
EDIT: Why did the Crossbell duo end up with two different titles (Zero, Ao/Azure) when the others used the same title? Should have been Zero no Kiseki I and later II, right?

No, it's closer to a year.

THIRD took place 6 months after SC.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Freezing Metal TiTS

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Colder than a Witcher's TiTS

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Breasts joke

I think that sort of title got shot down by Aeana for SC, so I'd assume it's the going to be the same for other entries. Especially since they don't even fall under the TitS acronym.

I think that sort of title got shot down by Aeana for SC, so I'd assume it's the going to be the same for other entries. Especially since they don't even fall under the TitS acronym.

To be clear I am not serious in the slightest, which I was hoping to hint at with the last one. Just feeling silly and posted.

It doesn't seem necessary, but it does seem to be recommended. Apparently it doesn't require knowledge from those games but it does refer back to those events, which could spoil the overall story from FC/SC some.

Thanks! I guess I'll start on FC after I finish the FF XIII series (just a few hours into XIII-2 now).

Can't think of a good OT title idea.

Wanted to make one in the vein of "Class I-V, skipping VI(I) straight to VII (I)" but it doesn't sound right.

hawk2025

Can't think of a good OT title idea.

Wanted to make one in the vein of "Class I-V, skipping VI(I) straight to VII (I)" but it doesn't sound right.

It really doesn't :p

Probably best to avoid super-specific references too, so it attracts more people.

That XCX OT title for example is terrible.

Jiraiza

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| My Horse is Better Than Your Horse

Looking forward to the OT though, curious about what people will think of the ending.

Top Bottom