• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look into your hearts, you know that it's true!
Pema can't control a Steelix:
steel_tamer_lin_bei_fong_by_anonymousnavi-d58ruah.png

Or do this:
lin_bei_fong_by_blackdistraction-d51on0l.png

Pema also won't crush you with that Steelix and isn't forever frowning due to her shitty family.

Lin is badass, but not someone you would want to be in a relationship with.
Yeah so true. Lin had so much shit she needed to work through. She's fine now...when the show is done. Maybe Tenzin just got tired of the endless cynicism and complaints and that huge chip on Lin's shoulder. Even in the Old Wounds flashback she was crabby as fuck, "Who are these losers?"

360pages

Yeah so true. Lin had so much shit she needed to work through. She's fine now...when the show is done. Maybe Tenzin just got tired of the endless cynicism and complaints and that huge chip on Lin's shoulder. Even in the Old Wounds flashback she was crabby as fuck, "Who are these losers?"

Pretty much...

And that's why Tenzin went with Pema. Plus, Pema's way cuter anyways. She got that classic MILF look. Can't fake that. Gotta be all natural.

So what are we talking about?
Lin probably just resorted to doing it herself any how. "What do you mean you're doing your best? The flamio are you doing down there? I'll do it myself."

I mean, there have been like 5 Arrowverse threads this past week. The fact he didn't pop his head in any of them is concerning
When I started to come out of those threads without somehow feeling like shit for liking those shows, that's when I realized something was missing.

Omikaru

So I've been watching K-On to try and fill the Korra-shaped hole in my life.

I don't think it fills that hole, but it's working nonetheless. I love this show!

Trey

Veelk is probably just busy. He goes to school for psychology I think, so his time is spent on massive amounts of studying and wondering how he's going to get a job.

Omikaru

Someone should make Veelk: The Collected Works for the AvatarGAF thread. He was such a miserable bastard, but he didn't half make some entertainingly long posts.

360pages

I thought Veelk was pretty cool since he was the only one who was willing to discuss the series in depth.

To bad he didn't realize the series itself had the emotional and mental depth of a kiddy pool an probably wasn't really worth analyzing more than a few minutes before you shut off your brain and just enjoy what you're looking at and not thinking too hard about it.

Trey

I thought Veelk was pretty cool since he was the only one who was willing to discuss the series in depth.

To bad he didn't realize the series itself had the emotional and mental depth of a kiddy pool an probably wasn't really worth analyzing more than a few minutes before you shut off your brain and just enjoy what you're looking at and not thinking too hard about it.

this entire post is terrible.

360pages

this entire post is terrible.

Not saying it's a bad series at all, it just rarely uses the scenarios it set up past the action it presents. That all it does, it doesn't delve into it too much, and I'm not saying that is even a bad thing.

Legit, there are plenty of series that I can turn off my brain for and enjoy. Even unironicly, not everything needs to be Neon Genesis deep or even ATLA deep. Hell one of my favorite series is JoJo which outside a few moments is pretty much just a dumb action series.

Hell, my main problem with Korra is the fact that the series is very indecisive on what it wants to be?

Not saying it's a bad series at all, it just rarely uses the scenarios it set up past the action it presents. That all it does, it doesn't delve into it too much, and I'm not saying that is even a bad thing.

Legit, there are plenty of series that I can turn off my brain for and enjoy. Even unironicly, not everything needs to be Neon Genesis deep or even ATLA deep. Hell one of my favorite series is JoJo which outside a few moments is pretty much just a dumb action series.

Hell, my main problem with Korra is the fact that the series is very indecisive on what it wants to be?
Even Jojo takes it's dumb action pretty seriously. A guy rarely wins out of dumb luck minus Joseph at the end of Part 2. Trey just isn't much of an anime fan. He likes it but will always hold ATLA and Korra. To a higher standard

360pages

Even Jojo takes it's dumb action pretty seriously. A guy rarely wins out of dumb luck minus Joseph at the end of Part 2. Trey just isn't much of an anime fan. He likes it but will always hold ATLA and Korra. To a higher standard

Which is fine, ATLA is amazing to me, but Korra is a series, while I enjoyed it, probably should be watched at Facevalue.

Also, JoJo plays the fights smart, they always do, it's more about the context of the story and scenarios. You're supposed to be having fun while watching JoJo, outside a few select tense moments.

Which is fine, ATLA is amazing to me, but Korra is a series, while I enjoyed it, probably should be watched at Facevalue.

Also, JoJo plays the fights smart, they always do, it's more about the context of the story and scenarios. You're supposed to be having fun while watching JoJo, outside a few select tense moments.
Part 2 is so fun. Part 3 less so, but they squeeze it in pretty well. Kakyoin and Polnareff balance out Jotaro really well.

360pages

Part 2 is so fun. Part 3 less so, but they squeeze it in pretty well. Kakyoin and Polnareff balance out Jotaro really well.

True..

Saying a series lack emotional depth isn't bad at all.

I think the Original Dragon Ball is an amazing series with fun characters an amazing world and a story line that gets better and better until the very end (And before Z) I would rate it far above a lot of anime I've seen and even above ATLA. That doesn't mean I don't know it's a pretty simple plot most of the time.

I think most people go into Korra Expecting the same level of character development that ATLA had among other things, not realizing that Korra is a very different series.

Trey

Your Korra nitpick was the least objectionable part of that post to me.

There's been so many great posts on Korra's faults that came from this community. Off the top of my head, Satch's posts about how toxic mako was to Korra and Asami and how Asami wasn't a well written female character greatly informed me and deepened my understanding of the construction of this show. Azula has probably written a novel by now about the various things he likes and dislikes about the show. It's not only Veelk who takes a critical stance, and to think as much does a disservice to many great posts about the show.

Further, Veelk understands what kind of depth this show has, and posts in spite of any notion that there's not much to say. Because there is plenty, plenty to be said about the Legend of Korra, for better or for worse.

Hamlet

I don't "hate" her. She's just quirky. Lin was horrible wife material and Tenzin probably just stopped trying to help her with it because it would've been a full time job for him.

Fair enough. I can just imagine how stressful that Lin/Tenzin relationship got near the end of it.

That Satch post really hit me back then about Asami. Someone needs to dig it up again.
This one right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123407705&postcount=5966

360pages

Your Korra nitpick was the least objectionable part of that post to me.

There's been so many great posts on Korra's faults that came from this community. Off the top of my head, Satch's posts about how toxic mako was to Korra and Asami and how Asami wasn't a well written female character greatly informed me and deepened my understanding of the construction of this show. Azula has probably written a novel by now about the various things he likes and dislikes about the show. It's not only Veelk who takes a critical stance, and to think as much does a disservice to many great posts about the show.

Further, Veelk understands what kind of depth this show has, and posts in spite of any notion that there's not much to say. Because there is plenty, plenty to be said about the Legend of Korra, for better or for worse.

Of course my Post was a bit Hyperbole, I know Azula had quite the few amazing post, it's more the idea that people are attacking those who point out those flaws or have problems with the series. Which goes back to the fact people legit do not want to think or talk about the series on here outside of praise.

Though it might be my irritation at the lack of activity on here, there is a lot to say about the series. But honesty, at least for me, the series outside the flaws it presents doesn't actually give a lot to talk about in terms of its narration.

It's a fun action series, with huge writing pitfalls outside of Season 3. Mostly because it tries to tackle issues far too big for it.

How Legend of Korra change animation and action cartoons, among other things, sure. But I don't it really made us question a lot of situations on what is right or wrong, mostly because if failed to bring up those prospects.

He was in the DMC4SE thread on gaming for a bit.

But he did realize it though and complained somewhat because its predecessor did those things better.

Regardless he still gave it a fair shake by finding stuff to talk about regardless of how little there was.

So... my roommate was in my room playing some old DOS games on my PC, which is hooked up to my television. I had it already set it up for him so he just came in and started playing.

He gets done and closes it out, my dumb ass forgot to close out tumblr so the first thing he sees is a picture of Kuvira in a compromising position... oh my fucking god
yUnQ235.png

So... my roommate was in my room playing some old DOS games on my PC, which is hooked up to my television. I had it already set it up for him so he just came in and started playing.

He gets done and closes it out, my dumb ass forgot to close out tumblr so the first thing he sees is a picture of Kuvira in a compromising position... oh my fucking god
yUnQ235.png

Kids, this is why you don't let anyone else use your computer. Too much baggage of many varieties.

Omikaru

If I let other people use any of my devices, I don't do anything on that device that will come back to haunt me.

You've learned a valuable lesson today, FeenixRising.

Daemul

yUnQ235.png

pike.0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom