• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| A Link from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliesen

I wonder if the next OT could define certain ground rules with regards to more lenient spoiler tagging.

I'd love to be able to not have to spoiler tag:

City names
The various races you encounter
The various non-named enemy types
Pretty much any location name that isn't per se a spoiler. - like "Ghirahim's castle" would be a spoiler via name.
Eventide island
isn't imho.

Pinky

Banned
So since the thread is about to die, what was your first death like in this game?

Mine was on the great plateau.

I was chopping down the tree to make that little bridge by the old mans home.

The tree bonked me on the head and I fell off the cliff to my death.

Not realizing I was at the edge of a cliff, I accidentally ran off the edge and fell to my death. Happened pretty early on too(like 20 minutes into the game). I felt pretty stupid. :p

Mediking

I fell off the first tower in the game.

I was looking for ways to get down faster than the steps, missed one of the steps and died.

Lol one of my favorite cringe deaths is gliding off a cliff and thinking you can land... but you run outta stamina and you die by falling....

J3ffro

You need a
stabbing weapon
and it's easy as pie. It's so easy once you understand the angle. I thought this puzzle was highly luck but it's not.

Am I missing something, or are there two
golf
shrines? Because the one I did had the first puzzle which was just a
straight shot akin to regular golf
and then you could run around the back, and there was a
curved up and down banking like putt more like mini golf
but I just used the mechanic of the shrine. If you
pull the putter back at a diagonal toward you, then reverse it going back through
it completes it no problem.

Though I am a former
golf professional
so I probably have a leg up on most for that type of thing.. :)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So since the thread is about to die, what was your first death like in this game?

I died on the very first enemy. First I took damage from a fall just outside the shrine of resurrection then when I reached the first enemy I pressed a thinking it was dodge and died in 1 hit.

h0tp0ck3t

Froze to death before I knew how to cook spicy peppers

Took a day off from playing yesterday. Didn't want to get sick of the game, I found myself rushing from Point A to Point B without exploring, so hopefully now after a little break my desire to explore will be back!

Fell in the icy river on Mount Hylia.

emb

I feel like I'm not ready to do
The lost woods
but I readlly want to cash in my kuroko seeds (I have like 40+), I've only completed one
guardian, Ruta
, should I wait?
Don't worry about it. Some parts of the game maybe tougher than others, but you can tackle anything right out of the gate. The woods shouldn't give you much trouble.

Have you already found
Hestu twice
? You can get a few upgrades at
the road outside Kakariko and one of the stables (Woodland maybe?)

boxter432

hmmm. I think the blue bokoblin from the skull cave on the plateau not far from TOT. shot down the lantern to blow up everyone else, but he's tough enough to live. Then he proabably killed me as I was hitting him with a weapon that didn't make him flinch. not 100% sure though.

Nibel

eyLKukz.gif

Stalwart

I wonder if the next OT could define certain ground rules with regards to more lenient spoiler tagging.

I'd love to be able to not have to spoiler tag:

City names
The various races you encounter
The various non-named enemy types
Pretty much any location name that isn't per se a spoiler. - like "Ghirahim's castle" would be a spoiler via name.
Eventide island
isn't imho.

Agree with this.

DoubleYou

Legendary thread, you have done well to arrive at this forum. A hero rises to right the wrong of Neogaf. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this final post. May the Goddess smile upon you.

Parapraxis

Don't worry about it. Some parts of the game maybe tougher than others, but you can tackle anything right out of the gate. The woods shouldn't give you much trouble.

Have you already found
Hestu twice
? You can get a few upgrades at
the road outside Kakariko and one of the stables (Woodland maybe?)

I'll check the stables, thanks!

Madness

Yup. It just works with Link being silent. Anyone who says he is just a shell of a character will play this game and be surprised. The fact they call him Link, and you cannot change his name shows Nintendo is moving away from the 'he is a link to you' aspect and giving him greater agency as a character. They probably wanted to end the fact people considered Link less of an actual character than Samus or Mario etc.

I think they need full voice acting going forward, keeping Link just emotion based, sound effects.

JoeM86

I have finished the game :)

C6kngUJU8AE7s72.jpg

Must not cry :(

All done (except Korok Seeds. Fuck that haha). It was great to go through Hyrule Castle. I made sure to wait until I had powered up the Clothes of the Wild. I refused to storm Hyrule Castle without wearing traditional Link Clothing. Found the Hylian Shield and so I ended the game as a true Zelda game.

Beautiful game. I enjoyed it immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom