• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talking about Link's classic green tunic from the old games? If so, I've got some bad news for you.

Not so spoiler spoilers on where to get them:
they are Amiibo exclusive

Not necessarily
You get the Tunic of the Wild for completing all the shrines, which is the canon green tunic for this game

graffix13

I am sure this has been asked already but is it possible to just buy the Wii U base console (without the Gamepad), buy a Pro Controller and play this? Looking at the cheapest way possible to play this game.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got my first tablet tilt puzzle shrine yesterday. It sucked.

It's funny how I found
I could just flip the tablet over and bypass the whole damn puzzle using the underside of the arena, though

Firemind

oh man I loved Vah Medoh, much more than Vah Ruta
I keep thinking "Man this next puzzle is going to be awesome, right?" but it never came. Like seriously two of the panels are reached just by gliding. Great atmosphere though. The way you can see the landmarks moving around you. I don't know how they did it. And the Rito warrior > Zora lame ass prince.

Kinsei

Banned
I am sure this has been asked already but is it possible to just buy the Wii U base console (without the Gamepad), buy a Pro Controller and play this? Looking at the cheapest way possible to play this game.

No. You need the gamepad to operate the OS.

J3ffro

I stood on the top one (the horizontal one) then used the magnet to set the chest as high as it would go on the other side of the top see saw, then jumped right as it landed. Took me a few tries to do correctly.

That sounds like fun. I may have to spend an hour this weekend trying that out.

The physics in this game lend themselves to just messing with shit, and hoping it works. I've yet to have that GRRRRR moment where I just give up and move onto something else.

It's not possible to even operate the Wii U with the Gamepad. Eventually you'll hit a menu that requires it.

Also not really sure who'd sell you one without a Gamepad.

Stalwart

Is it even possible to buy a Wii U without the gamepad?

dock

So, there is this shrine on twin mountains with all the balls in the holes and a sign saying "the solution to this shrine is in another shrine". Haven't found that one yet. Anyone got a tip?
I used the Switch's screenshot feature to help me solve these two.

Valus

Some side quests require the gamepad so if you want to play unhindered you will need it. Can't comment on main quest as I haven't finished it.

I feel like a real winner when I complete a shrine the way it wasn't intended.

A shrine wanted you to use the wind to guide a ball to the slot, but I just got to a high point and used stasis to knock the ball in.

There is no way I'm going for 900 Korok seeds.

GG Nintendo.

Amazing game but no thanks... unless you sweeten the pot a little with a reward???

Thud

A shrine wanted you to use the wind to guide a ball to the slot, but I just got to a high point and used stasis to knock the ball in.

This sounds familiar lol. Is it a shrine in Hebra?

I completely beat this the entirely wrong way as well, but my way was different.
I used the block by the ramp as a step to throw the ball into the hole (while blocking the wind with the metal block), and while it was circling the hole, I quickly made my way over the elevator.

Only today did I realize that wasn't at all how it was "meant" to be done. You were supposed to put the metal box on the extra step block and just let the wind guide it lol

GG Nintendo.

Amazing game but no thanks... unless you sweeten the pot a little with a reward???

I think they did it this way so you could skip literally half of them and still fill your inventory. After the 400ish mark, they don't even unlock any new slots.

h0tp0ck3t

Is it possible to target
drone guardians?
I have the laser deflection timing down pat, but I can't seem to lock onto these things. Very frustrating when I'm up against one on the ground and another one or two in the air.

If you use
Guardian Arrows
one shot to the eye will kill it

Pastry

Banned
Is there any way to re-sort your gear in the inventory menu? I got the climbing pieces spread out over time so they're not grouped together in the menu.

Is there any way to re-sort your gear in the inventory menu? I got the climbing pieces spread out over time so they're not grouped together in the menu.

I think it's Y

Hitting it once sorts by sets, hitting it twice sorts by type (head, shirt, pants). Or the other way around. I don't remember.

OK so I'm trying to collect
electrified
arrows so i can do the dungeon. but this fucking
Minotaur
destroys me on sight. i have six heart containers and I've tried a few different strategies.. he one-shots me instantly.

what do i do

Hazzuh

electrified
Minotaur
destroys me on sight. i have six heart containers and I've tried a few different strategies.. he one-shots me instantly.

what do i do

Do you have to fight him head on to get the arrows?

Haha - according to the parental app I've put about 90 hours in and I have 37 seeds.

I'd literally be poring over a map to get anywhere near 400.

I guess it's smart to have a bunch knowing most people will only get a fraction of that, but then why include in completion %?

electrified
Minotaur

what do i do

I don't mean to sound like I'm talking down, but you're using the sneak function in the game, yes? (Click left stick)

If so, then just try to stay on the opposite side of the area from him, and walk slowly to make less sound.

Haha - according to the parental app I've put about 90 hours in and I have 37 seeds.

I'd literally be poring over a map to get anywhere near 400.

I guess it's smart to have a bunch knowing most people will only get a fraction of that, but then why include in completion %?

I have ~50 hrs and I have 160, git gud bruh.

electrified
Minotaur

what do i do

Sneak around the area, there are lightning arrows littered everywhere.
Just make sure to keep your distance from him.

Kinsei

Banned

GG Nintendo.

I've heard that the reward is
an item that lets you summon Hestu for a dance whenever you want.

J3ffro

I've only experienced a couple blood moons in 30 hours (color me lucky) and each time was right before I ducked into a shrine, so I'm not well versed on their nature.

Does a blood moon bring back all enemies that you've killed throughout the world, or just in the zone that you are in, or just in your direct vicinity/anywhere you go while the blood moon is up?

The music change, and mood shift is unnerving for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom