• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
on the hills surrounding Karikaro (sp?) village, there is a plate in the ground with a rounded indentation in them middle that looks like maybe you would put a ball in it. Does anyone know what to do with that?

You need to
get the ball from Impa's house and put it in there.

Fliesen

You cant save in the middle either. Its too damn long and has no checkpoints. Really frustrating.

the real cheap part is the moment when the Korok sees a "ghost" and sprints back a few meters, which comes out of nowhere. It's literally trial and error. :/

hawk2025

The game is legit challenging. I got utterly destroyed by trying to proceed with the story.

SO GOOD.

Every step into a new area is an epic adventure, I've never seen delivery like this in an adventure game before.

beanman25

So, I've upgraded 2 times. Both being my stamina. Should I go for more hearts though? Have 8 points saved so i can do 2 upgrades now.

jviggy43

In the desert; feeling like this area is the worst offender of having wide open spaces with little actual things to do in them, which is something I havent felt about in regards to many of the other places Ive been.

Hydrus

This damn game...was looking out over a bridge and this random NPC crossing the bridge stopped to tell me not to jump. That my life will get better.

Lmao. but no way. I don't believe Nintendo in this day and age would add something like that.

KHlover

Banned
Lmao. but no way. I don't believe Nintendo in this day and age would add something like that.

TwUA0u5.jpg

BOTW is a special kind of Nintendo.

I just avoid them or shoot them down. Then again I've never tried shooting them down with anything but ancient arrows so maybe that's not feasible.

The ones patrolling on the approach to
Vah Rudania
, I just found some metal boxes and used magnesis to smack them out of the sky.

Yah talking more about the
approach to Hyrule Castle to farm parts.

Rean

Is the Outfit you get from doing all the shrines the same one you get from the 30th anniversary Link amiibo?

I haven't been playing too much of this game, but wow is it something. I love the shrine
that is surrounded by flowers. I kept on treading on them, and I got beaten up to 1 heart. Sailing back down the river while being attacked by an octorock while I had only 1 heart with no food was an intense experience.

Had trouble getting the additional chest in a shrine and was wondering if anyone has any tips.

I forget the name of the shrine but the gist was
that there were these stone see-saws throughout the shrine, and you had to use stasis on them so you could traverse to different areas. Near the end there are two stone sea-saws next to each other, and a high ledge where a treasure chest is. I tried everything I could to use the sea-saws as a catapult to get me to the ledge, but nothing worked.
Does anyone know what I am talking about and what to do?

I did one like that. The one I did had a large metal crate suspended in the air by rope. Just needed to shoot it down.

Maaka

Neo Member
So apparently there was a Twitch Streamer today who was playing BOTW and fighting the final boss.

A blood moon happened and he revived at full health.

I would add to this that the cutscenes interrupted the battle kicked him out of the fight and he had to walk back into the room and restart the fight. That's why the boss had full health again.

so I'm supposed to a) aim at the impossibly far away target with my shock arrows and b) at the same time constantly switch back to my regular arrows to take out the incoming ice blocks? it just seems like too much 😥

Wallach

so I'm supposed to a) aim at the impossibly far away target with my shock arrows and b) at the same time constantly switch back to my regular arrows to take out the incoming ice blocks? it just seems like too much 😥

Not really, no.

Focus on destroying all of the ice blocks. Sidon will not approach closer to the waterfalls you can ride up the legs for a better shot at the weak points until it's safe. You can use Cryonis rather than your arrows to destroy ice blocks.

Vecks

You can also use the
cryo rune
to deal with ice blocks.

1) you'll get a better opportunity to shoot at the targets, just hold your horses

2) don't you have some other way of destroying ice blocks...?

Kinsei

Banned

You're not meant to use the shock arrows while riding him.
When he gets close to the waterfalls you need to swim up them and shoot the orbs from the air.

bomblord1

Banned

Take out the ice blocks first what happens next may surprise you!

Oh shit. Multiple endings?!?!? How many?

Also, are any memories missable? I just got one. I think you just get them by going to a certain spot on the map, right?

Yeah, Aonuma confirmed multiple endings months and months ago, before anyone gets up my ass about spoilers.

No memories are missable.
If you haven't yet, you'll eventually progress one of the main quest such that it'll give you a list of memories with a clue for each one.

Kandinsky

so I'm supposed to a) aim at the impossibly far away target with my shock arrows and b) at the same time constantly switch back to my regular arrows to take out the incoming ice blocks? it just seems like too much ��
No, spoiler strat
you can break the ice with crionis

Edit: Still the best moment in the game for me, looove it.

ekim

Oh shit. Multiple endings?!?!? How many?

Also, are any memories missable? I just got one. I think you just get them by going to a certain spot on the map, right?

I think they don't even get marked in the album if you found them. I better safe them up to do them at the end one after one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom