• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching some of the memories, and can't get over that the Old Man sounds like Trey Parker doing a purposefully bad authoritative British accent like he sometimes does on South Park.

K' Dash

Guardian armor, ancient battle axe++, mighty meal attack^3 and spin attack with that? You can down a silver Lynel with that in 15 seconds.

Diamond circlet makes that armor x100 better looking, you still retain the guardian resistance but obviously loose the set bonus :/

Zero148

Just beat the game with
one Divine Beast done, 2 memories missing and the Master Sword

I'm sitting at a completition rate of 22,74 percent with over 65 hours on the clock. Will still play it, because I have the feeling I missed a shit ton of content and story xD

kunonabi

Just beat the game with
one Divine Beast done, 2 memories missing and the Master Sword

I'm sitting at a completition rate of 22,74 percent with over 65 hours on the clock. Will still play it, because I have the feeling I missed a shit ton of content and story xD

There really isn't much story to miss.

As for gerudo town it's honestly the only area that feels complete. Most fleshed out town and side quests, themed shrines that tie into the beast, most substantial lead-in to the beast, the beast actually had a second layer to its puzzle design, and an actul payoff for for doing everything in the town.

Anteo

Damn, I'm stumped finding a shrine near the Northeastern most shrine on Hedra. It looks like it's inside the mountain?

I actually left that area whrn I could not find it last week. Yesterday I stayied exploring a different mountain and ended up finding the entrance to that one shirine in the end somehow.

TrueBlue

He's actually a named VA with some experience...was in Trails of Cold Steel, and is gonna be in Persona 5.

Same goes for Urbosa and Riju's VA. She does work for Funimation.

Urbosa and Revali are easily the best when it comes to VA. Hell, they're two of the best characters in the game outright.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
so there are 900 seeds around the world. i seriously doubt i am gonna be able to find them all. i have 9 so far. do i need all 900?

Twookie

so there are 900 seeds around the world. i seriously doubt i am gonna be able to find them all. i have 9 so far. do i need all 900?

no, over half of them are useless since you can only upgrade so many slots until the game don't let you anymore. I wouldn't bother actively hunting for them, not really needed IMO

Septimius

You learn to spot the places you can find them, then just keep an eye out, and you'll likely find a lot. I'd absolutely not go for all of them. I got 130-140 by the time I beat the game.

vareon

I actually left that area whrn I could not find it last week. Yesterday I stayied exploring a different mountain and ended up finding the entrance to that one shirine in the end somehow.

Holy shit, I found it after searching from the other side. That answers my actual goal of exploring Hedra in the first place, actually. Inside was....amazing. Getting goosebumps.

Dammit game, I've played over 100 hours. You should be over!

Stopdoor

No, just like 400-ish. And even then, once you get to a certain point the upgrades you get from them are diminishing returns.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if you tap on your icon on your switch home menu you can see it, after having played it for 10(i think) days that is

after playing it for 10 days? thats...a weird system. Fucking nintendo man.

Smeags

Got the full Barbarian set. Can't say no to attack power.

C7xTUtiVYAAZppA.jpg

It takes a lot of guts to wear that.

Ill see myself out.

What's the criteria for a Blood Moon?

I need one to trigger for a Shrine Quest so I slept for a month (31 separate times) and had to travel back each time and wait for midnight with no Blood Moons.
I hate randomised bullshit like this.

Are they truly random or only come after killing a certain amount of enemies or after certain weather conditions or you need to be at a certain level of health or what...?
Frustrating.

I was exploring the southern part of the map which has the jungle/rain forest terrain when I suddenly saw a
giant electric dragon firing balls of lightning flying towards me
which scared the shit out of me.

This game man.

Malus

I need one to trigger for a Shrine Quest so I slept for a month (31 separate times) and had to travel back each time and wait for midnight with no Blood Moons.

Are they truly random or only come after killing a certain amount of enemies or after certain weather conditions or you need to be at a certain level of health or what...?
Frustrating.

Just warp to the nearest fast travel point when you notice it come up. Much less tedious that way.

I was exploring the southern part of the map which has the jungle/rain forest terrain when I suddenly saw a
giant electric dragon firing balls of lightning flying towards me
which scared the shit out of me.

This game man.

Yeah I love that region (save for the frame rate issues in the dense forest, handheld mode to the rescue). A real nice change of pace especially after exploring the snowy mountains.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im using that knight armor, so I guess im playing Dark Souls now

(thats a joke / compliment, dont get triggered)

its noisy as shit which is another in a endless line of small details I really apreciate. I dont do much stealthing anyway.

llehuty

I didn't make the recipe right at the start of the game because I didn't think I could catch fish. So am I screwed for the
warm doublet
? I went back to where I think it originally was (curving stairs down near the first tower) but I can't see the shelter there anymore.
You have to go to his cabin. It will be there. (I got it after 80 hours of game, lol)

llehuty

Frustrating.
Killing
minibosses and lynels
and cleaning camps will increase the odds of it happening.

Malus

Would that screenshot be considered a spoiler?

Meh not really. If you don't wanna look at screens and read details about armor or see views of areas then I wouldn't go into an OT.

I was on 100% blackout (disabled images on gaf even) and if I ever read a detail on here I didn't wanna see (which happened a couple times) that was my fault for coming into the thread.

I keep seeing people mention medals related to killing minibosses. But I don't know what they're referring to. Whatever it is seems to be extremely under-documented and not widely known.

From what I've gathered, you get medals for killing all the minibosses of a particular type. I don't know what they do. Maybe nothing?

Rhaknar

just wanted to share a little slice of adventuring ive had just now, about... I dunno, 10 hours in? Something like that, stupid Nintendo's weird ass time recording system wont tell me yet.

So im half main lining the game / half exploring and getting sidetracked. Like I'll try to main line, but then I go "ooh whats that over there" and off I go.

Anyway, story wise I need to
get my first memory to progress. That plaza overlooking hyrule castle seemed like it would be back in the grand plateu, so I ported to a nearby shrine to see if I could find it. I didnt really see anything that looked like it at first glance tho, but then I saw a tower that seemed close enough, so I ported to a shrine enar it. Its the shrine that is up in a snowy area and overlooks the desert area. I could see the tower from there, but then I looked down, and saw a new shrine. Obviously I had to go down to it. After doing it, I got back to try to reach that tower so I did some climbing, I did some camps, I did some korok seeds, and as I walk to a cliff, still not at the tower, I look back to where I came from and it was a huge trek, it was kinda crazy to think I did all of that in like an hour, completely in control of where I was going, how I was getting to where I was going. Am I going the right way? I dunno. I dont care.

Im not one for hyperbole, so I wont get into any "goat" talk. Hell, im not even sure the game will be my GOTY, as 2 other big games this year already failed to knock Hollow Knight of that spot for me. Ill give it this tho.

The game is special. It really is something you need to experience for yourself, its very hard to explain it, on paper it sounds like any other videogame tbh. Its the first time I feel the "you can go anyware" tagline is true. Will that hold up once the feeling of "oooh whats that?" is gone? Probably not. But until that happens, man this is good.

Utophy

Neo Member
I am so ashamed to say it ... But I stopped playing until more info about the hard mode will be released . I dont want to do the game 100% and then delete it to begin again ...

But its hard...

I finally revealed my very last tower in the game. Kind of a bittersweet moment since I don't want the game to end. At least I was delighted to have met with
Kass
at the top.

Deku Tree

I keep seeing people mention medals related to killing minibosses. But I don't know what they're referring to. Whatever it is seems to be extremely under-documented and not widely known.

From what I've gathered, you get medals for killing all the minibosses of a particular type. I don't know what they do. Maybe nothing?

Kilton gives you a medal if you kill all 40 Hinox, another one for all 40 Talus, and another one for all 4 sand fish.
I just need the Talus one now. They do nothing.

JakeD

The game is special. It really is something you need to experience for yourself, its very hard to explain it, on paper it sounds like any other videogame tbh. Its the first time I feel the "you can go anyware" tagline is true. Will that hold up once the feeling of "oooh whats that?" is gone? Probably not. But until that happens, man this is good.

i dunno, im 100 hours in and beat the main quest 10 hours ago. i still finding myself addicted to exploring new areas. makes no sense because there's no loot worth finding anymore. its exploring for the sake of it and i can't stop playing.

jrush64

Banned
I've been playing for over 150 hours and I still havent been to Gerudo area. While that's on purpose as I'm saving it, i'm still loving exploring the whole place.

I just came across the bridge of hylia for the first time.

Metroid

I've been playing for over 150 hours and I still havent been to Gerudo area. While that's on purpose as I'm saving it, i'm still loving exploring the whole place.

I just came across the bridge of hylia for the first time.

Serious question: What did you do with all that time?^^

Golnei

Only problem: the Gerudo theme is usually some of the best music in every Zelda game and here it's really not that memorable.

While that section of the game does have some of the soundtrack's better pieces, like the Molduga and Kohga boss theme and the music for the Naboris chase, the main Gerudo theme is underwhelming. It's definitely not comparable to Gerudo Valley; and while it's not as much of a gulf when compared to the Pirate Fortress or Gerudo Desert music, it's a little disappointing that their town theme is one of the game's weaker efforts, when considering that it's their first major appearance since OoT and the first time they've been fleshed out to this extent.

AEREC

Would that screenshot be considered a spoiler? I can see it on mobile and it gives a relatively clear hint to where a certain character can be found.

I think so...I'm a little annoyed that I saw it since I had no idea it existed and would have been a pleasant surprise if I found it on my own and saw it for the first time. Same with the fairy. I say it belongs in the screenshot thread.

Oh well...this seems to be one of the more unsafe OTs with all the talk about last bosses and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom