• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
Hoo boy. I'm playing this on off-TV mode (Wii U) for the first time while I don't have access to my TV, and I've gotta say, even knowing that the Switch's screen is much higher quality, I can't imagine using portable mode for this game very frequently. Everything's so...tiny.
I'm on Wii u too and it really looks terrible, and I'm never picky or perceptive about this stuff. Everything is jagged to hell and up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keep looking.

Direction pls? Im at work so cant necessarily be too focused and scrounging lol.

Also you get
red chuchu jelly
if you kill
blue ones
with a fire weapon.

osDP6pc.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
My Switch just downloaded the 1.1.1 patch.

Are there any patch notes available?

Hopefully it at least fixes the Blood Moon bug.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Nintendo plox patchnotes 😚😗😍😘💑👨*❤️*👨👩*❤️*👩💘❤💓💕💖💗💙💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟❣💌

Speely

Banned
Direction pls? Im at work so cant necessarily be too focused and scrounging lol.

Also you get
red chuchu jelly
if you kill
blue ones
with a fire weapon.

osDP6pc.gif

Dude
jelly
manipulation is so handy since they are so common. I've used them as subsitutions for many things.

Spinifex

Korok Forest 30fps stable in portable mode. This was 20fps for me before. GET HYPE

Edit: It might be my imagination but I think the grass has been pared back in Korok Forest, this might explain the performance increase.

RAWRferal

Korok Forest 30fps stable in portable mode. This was 20fps for me before. GET HYPE

I certainly had dips there in handheld before, but it wasn't nearly as bad as docked. Still this is great initial news thanks!

Someone wake up the Digital Foundry boys, me needs an analysis!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone tell me where to take this
giant eye
from the
Rebella Wetlands fat giant
pls :(

Edit: nvm found it... needs 3 ;_; rip

Rodin

Still dips in docked mode but much less i think. Area behind the stable between kakariko and hateno is completely fixed, gonna try the Plateau now

EDIT: yeah Plateau seems fixed, doesn't drop near the old man location when you exit the shrine of resurrection nor in the small woods nearby. Don't know if the area is completely fixed but I couldn't trigger a single drop in the Plateau.

Just beat Vah Medoh, so that's three divine beasts down, only one left is rudania.

Vah medoh's dungeon was fun, though very easy and the boss was by far the easiest so far. Also Revali is a douchebag and I don't feel bad he died, even in death he's a jerk

Though to be honest I prefer the overworld bosses than the Divine Beast bosses, especially the moldulga

BY2K

Membero Americo
Maybe I'm crazy, but after the 1.1.1 Patch for Zelda, the Korok Forest dips a lot less. Still does, but less so.

Undocked.

Dremorak

Banned
Holy shit! Docked: I had one minor drop running from cave of ressurection down to the old man. Before that area was ~20fps... korok forest is noticably better too. Still has heavy drops but half the time looks like 30fps to me lol. First village
Kakariko
is solid 30 docked as well.

:D

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Holy shit! Docked: I had one minor drop running from cave of ressurection down to the old man. Before that area was ~20fps... korok forest is noticably better too. Still has heavy drops but half the time looks like 30fps to me lol. First village
Kakariko

Damn nintendo is the best.
Every 9.5 should be a 10 now 🤓

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I always forget to use elemental arrows. I hoarded them for a long time but what's the point? What am I saving them for?
Fire arrows are the most useful, I rarely use the other ones.

Edit: They fixed dock frame rate issues? Can't wait to check it out.

Speely

Banned
I always forget to use elemental arrows. I hoarded them for a long time but what's the point? What am I saving them for?

Ice arrows are nice for some
wizzrobes
and lizalfos whose mobility can draw out a fight if you don't have other ranged CC options.

Rodin

Holy shit! Docked: I had one minor drop running from cave of ressurection down to the old man.
Where? I've been running around there like a maniac and couldn't trigger a single drop even during rain. Same for the woods in the Plateau, and not even when fighting enemies.

Speely

Banned
Kakariko

I literally just said goddamn. In a restaurant. Loudly.

This makes me happy.

random25

I also tried fighting a bunch of moblins and the unusual freezing seems to be gone. Could be the patch, or I'm just lucky it does not occur during my testing. Undocked.

A friend is
doing Ruta right now and he keeps getting hit with the ice blocks and I can't stop laughing as he's trying to figure out how this shit works.

I kinda don't wanna tell him.

Oh god he's so stupid it hurts me.

He's using cryonisis but he's using the blocks to stop the ice being shot at him not blow up the blocks.

It's both hilarious and painful.

Rhaknar

All my friends mock how I play and call me stupid.

I once went into Hyrule Castle and went through many expensive arrows, shields and recipes clearing out the entire of the exterior of the tower so I could freely explore it for secrets, before a blood moon came along when I was finally done.

En-ou

The one in
the south east corner, in the little pool of water
as well? I have problems with that specific Talus. The only approach that I can defeat that Talus without spending huge amounts of time is by using bomb arrows.
If it's a talus with the ore on the side you can use a spear or long weapon to be effective. You can hit it from the ground. The weapon variety isn't just skins.

Arttemis

New patch is nice! Kinda wish I waited to play, as it would have made the impact in Korok Forest greater.

Well, I'm 4/4 beasts, 115 shrines, and 264 Koroks found. I'm finally resorting to a map guide to find more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom