• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was one where you needed to carry a block of ice to the end, with all the fire jets. There's a metal crate that you use to cross the lava pit the first time, but to get the bonus chest I had to use that crate and it was unavailable to use to cross the lava pit a 2nd time. A shield double jump did it though. :D
At the very beginning you just place the block of ice below where the chest is and climb up.

RRockman

Banned
I would love to be able to keep a Stalhorse. As for the Lynels, they shouldn't try and sidestep the weirdness of riding around a sentient being; just embrace the situation for what it is, like the use of TP Link as an animal companion.

but they hate you, and have pride. I don't think any amount of petting or kibbles and bits would make being your steed be a better prospect than leaving you a charred pincushion on the side of the road.

Maybe if you found a baby one, ala Metroid.....

beclause

Neo Member
I just bought the Switch through Amazon. I'll have it with me tomorrow.

What's the best way to get Zelda? I created a Nintendo account and tried buying the digital version but it asked to buy it from the eShop on the Switch.

How many hours of waiting am I looking at if I buy and download Zelda after I get my Switch?

Any pros/cons buying digital vs cart in terms of the playing experience?

What's the best way to get Zelda? I created a Nintendo account and tried buying the digital version but it asked to buy it from the eShop on the Switch.

How many hours of waiting am I looking at if I buy and download Zelda after I get my Switch?

The load times are a teeny bit faster digitally but no big deal

jariw

The big difference is that the eShop version would occupy a good amount of the console's storage, unless you get a microSD card. The physical version plays from the card.

Man, this game has some hilarious (and awesome) "emergent gameplay" moments.

I was just sneaking up on two tough Moblins sitting around a campfire when all of the sudden a storm rolled in. Since they were both wielding bladed weapons, lightning struck and killed both of them without me having to do a single thing.

It makes me wish more open world games actually DID something with their weather.

Man, this game has some hilarious (and awesome) "emergent gameplay" moments.

I was just sneaking up on two tough Moblins sitting around a campfire when all of the sudden a storm rolled in. Since they were both wielding bladed weapons, lightning struck and killed both of them without me having to do a single thing.

It makes me wish more open world games actually DID something with their weather.
Fun fact regarding a Gerudo gear piece:
the Thunder Helm only immunizes you to lightning, your gear will still attract it. You can make yourself a walking lightning rod and wade into a group of enemies for lightning fun times.

kizmah

Just made my way up Death Mountain for the first time. The whole trek up to Goron city was great but the approach to the divine beast is amazing. Absolutely loved the entire thing! Now onto the beast itself.

Btw, 45 hours in and this is my second beast. I did Zora first.

Is there any meaning to the lines of 3 trees?
I heard about this earlier today but haven't noticed them in the game myself yet.

They are Korok Puzzles.

Fun fact regarding a Gerudo gear piece:
the Thunder Helm only immunizes you to lightning, your gear will still attract it. You can make yourself a walking lightning rod and wade into a group of enemies for lightning fun times.
Brilliant. This game never stops giving

Golnei

but they hate you, and have pride. I don't think any amount of petting or kibbles and bits would make being your steed be a better prospect than leaving you a charred pincushion on the side of the road.

"Taming" regular Lynels probably wouldn't make sense for that reason, but there could be individuals that you could convince to join you. Maybe they could just want to be ridden by Link for personal reasons - it wouldn't be out of place given the rest of the NPCs' reactions to him.

Maybe if you found a baby one, ala Metroid.....

tumblr_on6o3yUtkm1qg9q4ao1_1280.png

"Taming" regular Lynels probably wouldn't make sense for that reason, but there could be individuals that you could convince to join you. Maybe they could just want to be ridden by Link for personal reasons - it wouldn't be out of place given the rest of the NPCs' reactions to him.

A cool way they could've done it is by letting you ride Lynels that you had defeated in battle, after they respawn from the Blood Moon.

Some sort of respect thing from the Lynel to Link.

I think the way they've done it in a limited mount way is kind of cool. In a pre-internet age I'm sure there would have been rumours of being able to ride Lynels and such. Perhaps tha is what they were going for.

sora87

Thank goodness for eurogamer's walkthrough, would have never found this thieves hideout without it :B

Oh dear, stealth section :/
That's me done for now then.

I'm puzzled over this insistence the old dungeons were any where near as good as the shrines (haven't even touched the beasts yet), especially as far as ingenuity and multiple ways they can be solved. Dungeons before BotW are only as difficult as the designers ability to hide a key behind an angle you didn't see via a ledge or triple identical hallway with doors leading to similar situations so you forget which way to go. I've already had multiple shrines impress me and I don't think I've had to push a single block.

I haven't felt urgency or a sense of escalation in the zelda franchise since MM and it's fantastic time system. WW was chill all the way through, though the last battle is dope. TP actually got easier the further you went in, especially if you bothered to get the special moves. SS was special, and I'm still mad there isn't motion control fighting, which even Aonuma said would be hard to go back from. Imagine joycon sword movement vs a Lynel.

Yeah, there's a lot of unique physics based problem solving stuff. There was a non magnetic chest up high that I had no idea how to get, but then I found a magnetic chest and just used magnesia to knock it down. Love that kind of stuff.

I do however wish that they were a little longer. Some are, but not enough.

Bakkus

Snowgling is fucking great. Netting 280 rupees for every throw! Can easily also multitask it by muting the TV and watching something on YouTube at the same time!

RRockman

Banned
Your game is fine, I learned this the hard way
92 attack one handed sword lost D:

So I take it the original weapon is deleted and a generic one is spawned on the wall instead?

that sucks but Its good to know. :/

EDIT: wait could this be used for re rolling buffs?

I guess...

dat pic. I want a Lynel pet now.

Speaking of, can you (or someone) teach me how to shield jump and how to successfully shield surf? We can't seem to get the hang of it. We start shield surfing per the pause menu instructions and he jumps out of the surf after a moment, if we can even get him to start. I think we are holding one of the buttons incorrectly or something.

If you still need help with this, the best way is:
1) Hold forward -> Link starts running forward.
2) Hold ZL -> Link raises the shield, still running.
3) Press your jump button (X or B if you have reversed it) -> Link jumps, with his shield still raised.
4) While Link is in midair, press A (Link puts his shield below him).
5) At this point (but no sooner) you can release ZL. You should probably keep holding forward to gain speed.
6) When Link lands on solid ground he'll start shield surfing. Depending on the slope and terrain he'll either slow down and put his shield back, or gain speed and keep going. Sand, snow and wet grass are the better materials for surfing on.

While surfing, you can turn with left / right, accelerate with up, brake with down, stop surfing with the cancel button (B or X, the one that's not jump), jump with the jump button (and then paraglide), aim/shoot arrows with ZR, or do a spin / trick with Y.

kunonabi

Wish I knew that displaying weapons, bows, and shields in your house removes buffs :\

That sucks. I was never going to use of the stuff I displayed anyway since I don't want to reroll or pay for them when they break so it doesn't bone me over too much.

Boney

Banned
Wait a second. There's no mailman armor!? Not even the cap!?

Madness

So I take it the original weapon is deleted and a generic one is spawned on the wall instead?

that sucks but Its good to know. :/

EDIT: wait could this be used for re rolling buffs?.
Maybe it can be used to regenerate the champion weapons without having to use the smithies.

Nyoro SF

Seriously? What's the logic behind this?

That is pretty whack.

To be honest I never took the weapons out of my house because they just looked so damn good on my wall. And they're easily re-obtainable. I'm going to guess that's why no one noticed this until now, people like displaying them more than using them. :p

Fuzzy

The weapon thing was mentioned earlier in the thread. It might've been the first thread. I can't remember.

Dinokill

I did my first dungeon with more than 40 hours in and sorry but I can't call that a dungeon. I was expecting a full fledged dungeon like any traditional Zelda dungeon. My only disappointment in a otherwise amazing game.

I need a Moblin Club for one of my side quests but I'm at the point where most of the enemies are the silver variant, so they all seem to spawn with better weapons. I've been tracking the Moblin Club with my sheikah slate and looking all over but I can't seem to find one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Boney

Banned
I need a Moblin Club for one of my side quests but I'm at the point where most of the enemies are the silver variant, so they all seem to spawn with better weapons. I've been tracking the Moblin Club with my sheikah slate and looking all over but I can't seem to find one. Anyone have any suggestions?
Try hitting the Forest of Time, was there re-scouting and all the moblins were red.

Fuzzy

Go to Outskirt stable then follow the road to the desert. You'll run into some before you even get to the bridge.

vareon

8 Shrines left. I know one is apparently inside
Hyrule Castle
, and one requires a Blood Moon. So that's six. Excluding the blood moon one, three more are behind a quest. Then three more I don't even know where. Then there are four more side quests.

I don't want to use a guide but this is getting really tough, lol.

gardfish

Hoo boy. I'm playing this on off-TV mode (Wii U) for the first time while I don't have access to my TV, and I've gotta say, even knowing that the Switch's screen is much higher quality, I can't imagine using portable mode for this game very frequently. Everything's so...tiny.

TheContact

Hoo boy. I'm playing this on off-TV mode (Wii U) for the first time while I don't have access to my TV, and I've gotta say, even knowing that the Switch's screen is much higher quality, I can't imagine using portable mode for this game very frequently. Everything's so...tiny.

it's great on the switch. I don't even dock it

mernst23

85 hours in. 106 shrines done. 220ish korok seeds. Here comes the wall. 10 to 15 hours of making no progress and I might have to start using a guide.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I just killed one of those
big fat guys
in Rebela Wetlands and he dropped his
eye
which clearly is a
orb to put somewhere, probably those orange platforms with a hole, but I dont see any anyware near to use it on
. Whats up with that?

kunonabi

Finally found the last location I was missing on the map and I now sit at 100%

Feels good man

Congrats, I've only just made it to 70% myself. I'm going to need to upgrade gear though so I'm still a ways from being done. Well, as done as I can be since I think my game has glitched me out of one thing.

vareon

So I just killed one of those
big fat guys
in Rebela Wetlands and he dropped his
eye
which clearly is a
orb to put somewhere, probably those orange platforms with a hole, but I dont see any anyware near to use it on
. Whats up with that?

Keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom