• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Community Thread: Timelines, Retreads and Colors Oh My

Faerith

Neo Member
After completing ALBW and OoT I decided to give Spirit Tracks a final try
(got stuck on the damn firesong) before starting MM.
.... OMG OMG I did it. After all these years I can finally continue with ST.
I'm so happy (and worried about the next song) . ;__;

CorvoSol said:
That alone might not be enough to matter, but it also says that the Knights of Hyrule are descendants of the Hero of Time
No, it says that he might be a knight's descendant and/or possible a knight too, and that the knights are descendants of the hero who governed the crest of courage.
It actually might just as well reference to the Skyward Link, or another to us unknown Link after him.
Problem is we a) don't know how long a "brief time" after OoT is... b) it can be retconned anyway to fit with wathever they are doing. (although theorizing is fun nevertheless)

CorvoSol

No, it says that he might be a knight's descendant and/or possible a knight too, and that the knights are descendants of the hero who governed the crest of courage.
It actually might just as well reference to the Skyward Link, or another to us unknown Link after him.
Problem is we a) don't know how long a "brief time" after OoT is... b) it can be retconned anyway to fit with wathever they are doing. (although theorizing is fun nevertheless)

Here's the exact quote for reference in the rest of this debate:

The Knights of Hyrule are a clan that protect the Royal Family, their members descended from the Hero who governed the Crest of Courage. Legend has it that the Hero will one day reappear within their ranks.
Looking back through the ages, it is possible that Link, the Hero of Time, was once a Hylian Knight himself. This may be the reason his mother became embroiled in the flames of war.

I still maintain my assertion that the Knights descend from the Hero of Time. It says the Hero who governed the Crest of Courage, which cannot be a reference to any Link prior to the Hero of Time since the Link of Skyward Sword obtains the entire Triforce at once, and the heroes who come between Link of Skyward Sword and the Link of Ocarina of Time are part of the Four Sword Cycle and as such never really have anything to do with the Triforce, let alone Courage in specific. It isn't until Ocarina of Time that Link really becomes associated with it. I don't even recall the Triforce showing up on his hand in Skyward Sword.

The quote suggests that knights existed before his time, I concede, but A Link to the Past also says that that Link has the Blood of the Hero. Not Spirit, but Blood, meaning he's a direct descendant of the Hero. What's more is that the Hero of Time's spirit is only restless in the Child Timeline, and not the Adult and Fall Timelines. He's restless because he didn't have anyone to pass on his art to in life. In the Adult Timeline it makes sense he isn't restless because he ceases to exist. In the Fall Timeline we could say it makes sense because he sired children to whom his art was passed.

What's more is that in Wind Waker there is no mention of Knights fighting Ganon, and the King of Red Lions says that this new Link is not related to the old Hero. If the Blood of the Hero in ALttP meant some hero other than the Hero of Time, then where were these Knights and their bloodline during the prologue of Wind Waker?

Of course you can hand wave all of it and say "nobody knows not enough info" but that's hardly stopped Timeline talk in the past and really shouldn't now.

cafemomo

in my lttp minish cap thread, someone called me a bitch (or something along that lines) for having LoZ Link's Awakening DX but for not playing it

anyway, I hope you are reading this, but I finally finished it. My 3rd finished loz game after wind waker and minish cap.

and you know what? It was pretty good. I regret not playing it sooner

anyway, time to bust out the super famicom and track down a copy of lttp to see what's the fuss about the damn game or play the oracle gbc games.

CorvoSol

in my lttp minish cap thread, someone called me a bitch (or something along that lines) for having LoZ Link's Awakening DX but for not playing it

anyway, I hope you are reading this, but I finally finished it. My 3rd finished loz game after wind waker and minish cap.

anyway, time to bust out the super famicom and track down a copy of lttp to see what's the fuss about the damn game or play the oracle gbc games.

The GBC Zeldas are glorious.

atrossity

Banned

It was pretty good, but for Zelda I feel it was one of the weakest. At the time, it was awesome, but personally I feel as if it hasn't aged as well as oracle or seasons, or LTTP.

In fact, I think the minish cap was my least favorite Zelda, and the wind waker was my least favorite 3D Zelda (though both were still great, RELATIVELY speaking, don't shoot me please). So I am excited for you to get into the rest of the series.

cafemomo

In fact, I think the minish cap was my least favorite Zelda, and the wind waker was my least favorite 3D Zelda (though both were still great, RELATIVELY speaking, don't shoot me please). So I am excited for you to get into the rest of the series.

I adore the artstyle of of WW and MC. I think it's part of the reason why I was able to complete those games in the first place.

That's also the reason why I kinda want to try out the LoZ DS games, but from what I gather from various peeps, they are created by Satan himself and should be avoided like the plauge

CorvoSol

I adore the artstyle of of WW and MC. I think it's part of the reason why I was able to complete those games in the first place.

That's also the reason why I kinda want to try out the LoZ DS games, but from what I gather from various peeps, they are created by Satan himself and should be avoided like the plauge

I wouldn't go that far. Sure, they're the worst Zelda games no doubt, but Phantom Hourglass with d-pad hacks ain't that bad, and Spirit Tracks, while intensely flawed, has some great music and the best Link-Zelda dynamic in the entire franchise.

Tom_Cody

I just received Hyrule Historia as a gift from my GF and I am kicking myself for having not bought it sooner. What an absolute treasure.

I can't wait to pore through it tonight. My favorite element so far is all of the concept art that either didn't get used or got modified along the way. For example: unused artwork of Ganondorf from the Oracle games (he only appears as Gannon in the actual games) and the numerous concept sketches for Impa from SS.

http://touriantourist.blogspot.com/2012/02/ganondorf-in-oracle-of-ages-and-seasons.html
http://www.glitterberri.com/hyrule-historia/page-16/

CassSept

I wouldn't go that far. Sure, they're the worst Zelda games no doubt, but Phantom Hourglass with d-pad hacks ain't that bad, and Spirit Tracks, while intensely flawed, has some great music and the best Link-Zelda dynamic in the entire franchise.

Spirit Tracks soundtrack doesn't get nearly enough love it deserves. Overworld theme is amazing.

CassSept

At last, I'm nearing the end of my long overdue catch-up of GameBoy Zeldas.

Which is at this moment leaving me baffled.

I know most treat Oracles as one single complete experience, and that makes sense. The games complement each other nicely. At the same time, as similar as these games mechanically are, I found Oracle of Ages to be a horrendous drag, while I love love looove Oracle of Seasons. I find it superior in nearly every aspect, and what's more surprising is that most people on the Internet actually prefer OoA over OoS. Weird. OoA was terribly boring, while OoS was a great adventure. I'm confused.

Even if they're the ''worst zelda games'', are they still worth playing? I'm thinking about getting them.

They're mostly ok-to-good. First half of Phantom Hourglass is very bland and forgettable though. Some of second PH half bosses are cool.

Spirit Tracks is a huge improvement, from slight controls improvement, to some new interesting mechanics (especially use of Zelda!), really nice soundtrack and surprisingly great dungeon design. If you were to give one DS Zelda chance it would be this one. Phantom Hourglass is considered the worst, rightfuly so, but Spirit Tracks I feel gets too much flack.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Last November I decided that I would try and beat every Zelda game that has been released. I had previously played only Ocarina of Time (got stuck on the final temple), Majora's Mask (beat it), Link's Awakening (got 3/4th through), and Phantom Hourglass (beat it and hated it).

In November I beat Ocarina of Time in 26 hours on one weekend. I feel guilty about playing that much in a couple day span, but I was sick and too lazy to do anything else. In December I tried to play Spirit Tracks to tide me over until the JP release of Link Between Worlds. I got about 12 hours in before quitting. There was just too many stupid game design decisions that made the game incredibly tedious. I think my average session on Spirit Tracks was about 30 minutes, as I could never play any of the fetch quest train segments before getting completely bored. I also beat A Link Between Worlds in December (loved it!), and followed that up with Skyward Sword in January.

Now I have put about 10 hours into Twilight Princess. I'm trying to limit myself to 1-2 hours of gaming per day, though it is incredibly hard to stop playing Twilight Princess because of how much I love the dungeons so far.

greg400

Banned
Currently working through my backlog of Zelda games and was wondering if the two NES games are worth playing to the end? Doesn't seem like the time spent is worth it and constant guide usage isn't fun. Also thinking about skipping Four Swords Adventures as I heard the single player experience is mediocre, any thoughts on this game?

CassSept

Currently working through my backlog of Zelda games and was wondering if the two NES games are worth playing to the end? Doesn't seem like the time spent is worth it and constant guide usage isn't fun. Also thinking about skipping Four Swords Adventures as I heard the single player experience is mediocre, any thoughts on this game?

I'd say go for it with LoZ, though you might want to use save states for it (I don't know what platform you are playing on, but 3DS VC has this option). As for Zelda II, play some of it and decide for yourself. The game is stupidly hard really.

FSA, no idea. The only Zelda I had not played, though recently I've been trying to hunt it down for a reasonable price.

It depends on what you're looking for, really. FSA is a dungeon rush from beginning to end, with a focus on action rather than puzzles. I found it worked fine as a single player game, but it really depends, again, on what you're looking for.

It's gorgeous, by the way, and has incredible remixes from ALttP, so for me, it's worth it on that basis alone.

Guru-Guru

Banned
On my first run through of Twilight Princess and beat the 4th dungeon the other day. Damn, that was amazing. The boss fight is definitely in my top 5 for the franchise. Only thing I was disappointed in is that you get the spinner so late. If they gave that item in the first 15 minutes and designed the rest of the dungeon around it it honestly could be my favorite 3D Zelda dungeon.

CorvoSol

I'm actually a really big fan of Zelda II. It's hard as heck, but I like it. The original Zelda holds up pretty well, I think. And while FSA is fun in a group (like really fun), the single player isn't terrible. It's just not as fun because the game was designed for multiple players.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I beat Twilight Princess tonight (35 hours) and loved it. Amazing dungeons, Midna was a great sidekick, and I will be honest, I actually enjoyed the world in Twilight Princess more than Skyward Sword. In a lot of ways, Skyward Sword felt like a step back from Twilight Princess, IMO. It took my least favorite aspects of Twilight Princess and made them worse. For example, the tear collection quests in Skyward Sword that you had to restart if caught were awful. The increase in handholding. The worst offender would probably be the sheer amount of fetch-quests in Skyward Sword, as well as backtracking. No I do not want to collect 30-something musical notes that you scatter throughout the flooded Faron Woods, nor do I want to go back through dungeon 1 in order to get some spring water. Anyhow, before I get completely derailed, I really enjoyed my time with Twilight Princess.

Next up is The Wind Waker, then I will be finished with all the 3D Zelda titles!

balgajo

Guys, I don't know if this is the best place to ask but...

Does someone knows the source of this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEky0Ios9Xc

After years watching things about TP beta that's the first time I watch this. It seems that this video has some extended scenes from the trailers locations. But I can't imagine how someone got the hands on this.

EDIT: Maybe some presentation from 2005/2006 GDC ?

EDIT2: Looks like it came from E3 2005.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvjcnMnsUf4

Guru-Guru

Banned
I know I should wait for the likely 3DS Majora's Mask, but I think I am going to bite and get the Wii VC version. Last time I played Majora's Mask was 12 years ago--way too long!

-Horizon-

I think it's gonna be a pretty cool game. I'm pretty excited for it. Like that Dodongo fight from the trailer? I hope we get lots of stuff like that.

I'm always up for big boss fights.

Impa also looks pretty good, there's a screenshot I can't find with her water swords that was really cool.

So yeah, how about that Hyrule Warriors?

I grew pretty tired of the whole Dynasty Warriors-type game back on PS2, but I'm excited for Hyrule Warriors for the same reason I get excited for games like Smash Bros, Sonic & All-Stars Racing and Blizzard's upcoming Heroes of the Storm. I hope it's just a completely over-the-top Zelda fan lovefest.

I hope for dozens of characters, levels pulled from different areas and dungeons and music from throughout the entire Zelda series. Just completely over-the-top fan love for Zelda.

Now to sit back and imagine what characters will be playable besides Link, Impa and (probably) Zelda...

minitendo_makar_makorus_1.jpg

... Makar is gonna be so badass... at least in my imagination.

CassSept

So... thoughts?

wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3uausf.png

Looks stunning. Anyone wants to take a guess where in the timeline the game might place? IMO it looks like something that could precede Skyward Sword.

-Horizon-

So... thoughts?

wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3uausf.png

Looks stunning. Anyone wants to take a guess where in the timeline the game might place? IMO it looks like something that could precede Skyward Sword.

Love love love it.

I say after Skyward Sword when they're still colonizing the land. Just a feeling that may be horribly wrong lol.

Also its a girl

:p

Pachimari

Hi everyone,

I consider myself new to The Legend of Zelda. I played The Wind Waker on Gamecube, Twilight Princess on Wii and Skyward Sword on Wii - all of them for probably 2-3 hours max.

I also played Ocarina of Time 3D for 8 hours until getting stuck. So recently, I restarted my playthrough and it's now about halfway through I would think. I'm currently adult Link which I have never tried before, so it's all exciting and kind of scary with all the monsters floating about.

Unfortunately I miss a place on GAF, to discuss all thing Legend of Zelda. I were linked to this community thread which is fine, but I'm thinking if we should make an effort to update the OP (ex: images) and make an introduction to all the new Zelda players which seems to pop up these days? :)

I also discovered, that I have 4 more Zelda games from the Ambassador Program: The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II, The Minish Cap and Four Swords Anniversay. Though, I plan on A Link to the Past to be my second Zelda playthrough.

So let the Legend awake once more.

ramparter

Banned
Hi everyone,
I also played Ocarina of Time 3D for 8 hours until getting stuck. So recently, I restarted my playthrough and it's now about halfway through I would think. I'm currently adult Link which I have never tried before, so it's all exciting and kind of scary with all the monsters floating about.
I was also scared playing adult Link the first time, wait til you reach the 4th Temple as an adult. I would strongly recommend to complete the game this time. If you get stuck ask for help.

I still remember my first playthrough back in 98 - 99, common file with my brother. In the end it took us more than three months to complete it, mainly of 4 points in the game where we got stuck for several days, even weeks.

At first for some reason we couldn't find Zora Domain lol, then we couldn't find a key in Water Temple, then we couldn't find the fourth carpenter in Gerudo fortress (that one lasted mote than a month!!) and lastly we couldn't find the fire arrow to continue in the last dungeon.

I also discovered, that I have 4 more Zelda games from the Ambassador Program: The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II, The Minish Cap and Four Swords Anniversay.
Weird, of the titles you mention only Minish Cap belong to the ambassador program.

Pachimari

I was also scared playing adult Link the first time, wait til you reach the 4th Temple as an adult. I would strongly recommend to complete the game this time. If you get stuck ask for help.

I still remember my first playthrough back in 98 - 99, common file with my brother. In the end it took us more than three months to complete it, mainly of 4 points in the game where we got stuck for several days, even weeks.

At first for some reason we couldn't find Zora Domain lol, then we couldn't find a key in Water Temple, then we couldn't find the fourth carpenter in Gerudo fortress (that one lasted mote than a month!!) and lastly we couldn't find the fire arrow to continue in the last dungeon.

Weird, of the titles you mention only Minish Cap belong to the ambassador program.

Maybe the games were different because I'm in Europe? I'm sure I got them from the Ambassador Program, cause I haven't bought anything other than Wii Sports Club Bowling on the eShop.

I think I'm on my 3rd day in Ocarina of Time and right now I'm stuck, because Sheik told me to go to her village, but I don't know what to do there. I did deliver a mushroom to the potion shop and got something I should return to the guy in the Lost Woods, who I can't find anymore.

CassSept

No, Zelda and Zelda II are also ambassador games.

Four Swords however was not part of the program. It was available for free during 25th anniversary celebration for a couple of months and earlier this year for a month or so.

Pachimari

No, Zelda and Zelda II are also ambassador games.

Four Swords however was not part of the program. It was available for free during 25th anniversary celebration for a couple of months and earlier this year for a month or so.

That explains it. ;)

By the way, I got the go ahead for a new Zelda Community thread.

Is this release order correctly understood? And are these all of the titles?

The Legend of Zelda (1986)
The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (1987)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1991) / GBA (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (1993) / DX (1998)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998) / 3D (2011)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (2000)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (2001)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (2001)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (2002) / Anniversary (2011)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002) / HD (2013)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventures (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006) / Wii (2006)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (2009)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2012)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013)

EDIT:
Me and Scarl is currently making out a new community thread.

TEST

arBxr8X.png
arBxr8X.png

Joqu

Yeah, feel free to suggest any ideas guys

jbhTfFCp9LFGRc.png

jfNdoXB3YiHfj.png

other ideas: text pierced by sword, small triforce before text, nothing but text at all

don't mind the jaggies and other wonkiness, just testin for reference

That explains it. ;)

By the way, I got the go ahead for a new Zelda Community thread.

Is this release order correctly understood? And are these all of the titles?

The Legend of Zelda (1986)
The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (1987)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1991) / GBA (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (1993) / DX (1998)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998) / 3D (2011)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (2000)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (2001)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (2001)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (2002) / Anniversary (2011)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002) / HD (2013)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventures (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006) / Wii (2006)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (2009)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2012)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013)
Don't forget the Tingle games:

- Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

- Colour-Changing Tingle's Baloon Trip of Love

- Tingle's Baloon Fight

I've only played FPTRR and TBF, but they are part of the series and even have some timeline nods. For instance, FPTRR appears to take place
in the far future of WW/PH/ST, after the Great Deku Tree has connected many of the islands on the Great Sea. In fact *MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD* the game even depicts the death of the GDT you meet in Wind Waker

It should be enough for Tingle to merit a mention in any discussion of the series' history, I think.

Shion

I think I'm on my 3rd day in Ocarina of Time and right now I'm stuck, because Sheik told me to go to her village, but I don't know what to do there. I did deliver a mushroom to the potion shop and got something I should return to the guy in the Lost Woods, who I can't find anymore.

It's been years since my last playthrough, but if I remember correctly:
The guy is dead (it was the creepy, zombie-like, guy from Kakariko Village). When you go to the woods you find a Kokiri in his place. Give him the potion.

It's an optional quest for the Biggoron's Sword.

CassSept

Hell, I've recently got this massive urge to replay the entire 3D series one more time, but I know I should wait a year so I do it before Zelda U. Curses, I want a new Zelda :(

Mistle

Yeah, because of Zelda U hype I'm really feeling like playing SS for a second time, but HD (Dolphin). I doubt my computer will run it however :(

I really want to play through MM again. I only played it once when it came out so I can hardly remember dungeons etc, but with all the 3DS port teasing I'm still waiting for that! damn it, I guess I'll replay Skyward Sword.

CassSept

I feel most strongly about Ocarina of Time. I wanted to wait a year to replay them before Zelda U, like I did before SS (cleared all 3D games in the months leading to SS), but I've got such an urge to do it this summer. I don't feel a need to replay TP or MM yet tbh, but Ocarina, damn. Maybe I'll play through it this year. It's such an archetypal Zelda that would be just perfect to scratch that itch. Just get in, run around Hyrule Field...

-Horizon-

I've already given in and restarted Skyward Sword. I might do Twilight Princess afterwards for the world design contrast.
Just did the same. Today I started Hero's mode and got to the surface in 46ish minutes and that's with me talking to every NPC and checking every location to remind myself and running around like an idiot because I forgot what each button did even when they explain it to me lol.

CassSept

Just did the same. Today I started Hero's mode and got to the surface in 46ish minutes and that's with me talking to every NPC and checking every location to remind myself and running around like an idiot because I forgot what each button did even when they explain it to me lol.

You're doing it wrong, 5-hour tutorial, were you even listening to people online.

-Horizon-

You're doing it wrong, 5-hour tutorial, were you even listening to people online.

;-;

No, please, don't make me play it again! Anything but that!
It was some good stuff, made me really appreciate how they made Zelda so much more of a character. Cutest design still. Beating out the one in Hyrule Warriors too.

Guys, I hopped on my Loftwing from Skyloft and it did a barrel roll as soon as I landed on it, in the little cinematic. Searching the Internet is telling me nothing.

HOW

lol

Yeah, a lot of the complaints that some people have about this game are either exaggerated, or just plain dumb.
There are definitely some valid ones like "unnecessary content."(Tadtone, Death Mountain Stealth Mission, and Scrapper Escort Mission) or "Not enough downtime between fighting and puzzle solving.", but most of the others are straight bullshit.
I started up SS again yesterday.
The intro felt pretty short as far as I can tell, and there is hard evidence out there that places it under 40 mins if you don't dick around like I do(I've Gotta talk to all those NPCs! They're just begging me for a chat!)
"No exploration, no freedom!" I'm exploring Faron and finding goddess cubes as we speak. I might even go outside of the Skyview dungeon to go do some side quest. Also Fi barely pops up to say anything.
:p

-Horizon-

Got through Skyview temple today. God I suck at fighting Ghirahim, darn you 2 heart damage Hero Mode! Glad I bottled that fairy beforehand.

Anyway, I looked through the video of GameXplain's Zelda U analysis...again. Still some interesting stuff to look at. The other Zelda U thread seems a little...preoccupied with other topics so I'll make my post here.

I still think Zelda U is set to be the second game after Skyward Sword.
If because of anything other than just a gut feeling lol.

I took a few screenshots from the video to talk about here and a few thoughts I've had:

I am 90% sure
Master
that the robot and the arrow used at the end by Link are powered by timeshift stones.
The symbol designs are just uncanny.

What I think is going on is that when two timeshift stones are stuck together, they cancel out or revert back to present time which may be the only thing to defeat it. In this case with the robot, the timeshift stone it carries is located deep inside it. The timeshift stone arrow Link uses will break through the outer shell by making it old and fragile again (assuming the machine was made of broken, worn down rock like the robots were in Skyward Sword before they were revived by the timeshift stone) and hitting the timeshift stone inside thus deactivating it.
Basically what I think is, that when two timeshift stones are brought in close proximity together, their effects on the environment are lessened. When they actually hit each other, both turn off. Of course, my memories of Skyward Sword are hazy so there may have been moments in the game where two timeshift stones were right next to each other and everything was ok. For now, I'm just going to stick with this idea.

Really reminds me of Mayan (I'm probably wrong on this) statues.
They symbols etched on its side on the left is what interests me. It looks so familiar.

And I know this next thing is probably going to be wrong but my heart says to believe.
But the colors yo, the colors! There's a pic online that I saw with the fused shadows lines done in a neon glow. Maybe, just maybe this cloak design is to be the set up of the banished interlopers which then becomes the twilight realm's royal family design? Maybe this game is set during the Hyrulean Civil War? Could this perhaps explain the giant lookout post in the trailer?

Maybe this area was relatively safer than the rest of the land which is why the farmers seemed more at peace in their daily activities and maybe why there is no one manning the lookout post? Could explain their lax behavior but perhaps Link was informed by a dream or something else beforehand that the war would be brought into their lives which leads me to my next screenshot.

In the video, I recall them talking about the house, the unique tree, the well etc but I don't remember them talking about this feature I've marked above. Could this cave be the location of a great fairy or spirit or something else? I think this is where Link received the timeshift arrow.

Next thing I'd like to look at is the "town/castle" like structure. I do not see the blue spires like GameXplain says. Just looks like a blurry white-ish town with two prominent taller structures, one being sharper in the back.

No idea lol. I was going to say its like that jail dungeon from TP. It could just be another fire temple or dungeon. Is it really in a desert area or actually just mountainous and the distance/filter makes it seem like desert?

These were just some of my quick thoughts looking through this again.
Oh yeah. I'm being straight up serious and not just being "that guy" for bringing up this tired topic again since it came up during the reveal.
I still think that that Link we saw was a female Link. I 100% believe it. Until Aonuma straight up says that that Link was male and not "It was just Link" I will continue thinking this.
Whether it is the facial features or body build, it seems very feminine even by Zelda standards.
And I am very much reminded of Korra

Whatever the case, even if it turns out to just be a different designed male Link, I'm sure it will still be a very fun game and something I will get when out. Open world!

Chinbo37

Well I started playing Twilight Princess for the Wii.

I had played about 25% of the game years ago for the Gamecube, but never got further than that.

I debated whether to continue with the GC version or get the Wii version. I decided to go with Wii just so I could get the widescreen.

I will update you guys after I beat it!

Twilight Princess has quite a lot of very mundane story elements shoved in at the beginning of the it's plot.
It's very easy to see how the intro overstays it's welcome; EAD really needed to modify certain early story segments (like the herding section that serves as a tutorial and character/world building element for both Link/Ordon) and it might have been a smoother ride.
Also, the three tear collectathons are pretty tedious; I understand what they were trying to do (make the overworld more interactive, familiarize the player with the area, etc.), but it felt a bit incompetent.

Other than that (and it's one-time use item philosophy) TP is freakin' ace; it's the best game in the series. It's puzzles, general dungeon design and story telling is only rivaled by Skyward Sword's in my opinion.

Edit: I really wish this thread was used more lol

Top Bottom