• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Batman Movie |OT| You ever stepped on a LEGO in the pale moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saerk

I was pumped to see this, but it ended up being just kind of eh. I'm not sure what it was really since I loved the lego movie and I love batman, but this didn't really hit me that well. Sometimes it was funny, but it felt flat a lot of times.

I loved the Joker plot a lot, but didn't really like the Robin plot. The Joker plot was much more funny and creative, and the Robin plot was a bit tedious and predictable.

Tookay

Surprised at the mixed reactions hmmm, i think if you sort of have to be a Batman fan though, or at least be somewhat knowledgeable about his "lore" to catch most of the references. That said, for me personally, it truly was the best Batman movie ever and one of the greatest animation/CGI movies ever made. When it clicks with you, it really hits the point home.

I got the references.

I just don't think they amounted to anything, other than a fleeting "I understood that!" reaction.

The story and humor played itself out within the first 45 minutes.

I got the references.

I just don't think they amounted to anything, other than a fleeting "I understood that!" reaction.

The story and humor played itself out within the first 45 minutes.

Yeah, agreed. I was waiting for it to be over by about an hour in.

Not sure what I expected, but it was a huge letdown for me. I love the Lego Movie, and there were part of this that struck the same type of humor really well, but a lot fell flat too.

The preview for the Ninjago movie looks flat out bad. Looks like they're getting ready to make a formulaic yearly franchise out of it already. Hopefully the inevitable Lego Movie 2 is a return to form.

I finally saw this earlier, I had no interest in it from all the trailers but I heard some good things so I checked it out and I liked it. I loved everything with Robin, he was probably the best bit of the film. The ending with everyone + all the villains coming together was a bit weak, and I didn't really like the Joker overall (nor Harley's voice what was up with that?). Fun film though, I didn't hugely love the Lego Movie and I would say this was an improvement.

jond76

Banned
See it today, it was great. My 5 year old's favorite part: when Alfred tells batman that yes he has to go Jim Gordon's retirement and batman say NO while flopping up the stairs. It was great.

Pau

Finally got to watch this.

I feel like they had someone like me on the script team reminding them every page that Dick is Bruce's son. All of that was great. Why can't I get this in the live-action films? And Dick's song is so, utterly adorable.

I loved Barbara's speech. The "Statistics!!!" screen was great. It needs to be my background at work.

Barbara as a love interest
even unrequited
still felt unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom