• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Awyeah, Midi Falcon.

550132_10150707185677256_599027255_10024482_956823224_n.jpg

And now I have no shelf space.

I love that MIDI falcon - probably looks even nicer than the larger one. And in combo with the MIDI star destroyer fairly compact to display. X-wing, TIE fighter, MIDI falcon and MIDI Star destroyer would be a nice SW shelf

My local WHSmith just got the Series 7 minifigs so I hunted through, feeling bags as I go, (in the City of London) getting all sorts of looks but I think I found the Computer Nerd I was looking for and have at least one Space Marine I think.

Now to get away from my desk to check them out....

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow, that reminds me of an old set I had, except they cheaped out on the gas station.

I had that set as well. Think I still have some piece stuck together with the old tattered stickers. Might have to reprint them. Luckily the Shell logo is easy to replicate.

I'm heading to my local Lego store on Friday to pick up a set and get the TC-14 figure.

I've been buying a lot of the Friends line for my daughter recently but haven't purchased a decent-sized set in years. Can anybody recommend a good SW set between $75-$125?

I like the look of the ARC-170 but mostly I'm looking for something that will be fun to build with good "playability" for the kids.

I'm heading to my local Lego store on Friday to pick up a set and get the TC-14 figure.

I've been buying a lot of the Friends line for my daughter recently but haven't purchased a decent-sized set in years. Can anybody recommend a good SW set between $75-$125?

I like the look of the ARC-170 but mostly I'm looking for something that will be fun to build with good "playability" for the kids.
Millenium Falcon or Slave I. The latter is out of print though so you'd have to get it from Amazon.

Bah, why did you guys have to post that May the 4th flyer. Issue is i've already bought most of the IV-VI sets that are currently out. (I try to stick to ships, the playsets would consume my place more than it already is). As a result that leaves only one thing... the SSD.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bah, why did you guys have to post that May the 4th flyer. Issue is i've already bought most of the IV-VI sets that are currently out. (I try to stick to ships, the playsets would consume my place more than it already is). As a result that leaves only one thing... the SSD.

The 20% off SSD?

:p

You got the Imperial Shuttle already?

The 20% off SSD?

:p

You got the Imperial Shuttle already?

SURE DID! It looks great next to Tantive IV, my 2011 X-WING, 2011 Tie Fighter, Gold Leader Y-Wing, MIDI Star Destroyer, MIDI Millenium Falcon, and assorted 15 dollar ground SW sets.

God, I have a problem. If I do get the SSD I will likely have to invest in a new book shelf for my living room.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
SURE DID! It looks great next to Tantive IV, my 2011 X-WING, Gold Leader Y-Wing, MIDI Star Destroyer, MIDI Millenium Falcon, and assorted 15 dollar ground SW sets.

God, I have a problem. If I do get the SSD I will likely have to invest in a new book shelf for my living room.

where did you get the MIDI sets from - they're discontinued now aren't they? Just ebay/bricklink?

where did you get the MIDI sets from - they're discontinued now aren't they? Just ebay/bricklink?

Got them earlier last year. I guess they're going to be worth a lot one day? I started my lego obsession in 2010. I also have a few of the 10-15 dollar Hoth sets/ Luke's Speeder, ect. I don't know if having a shelf in my living room with my Lego's is really a great idea. But I don't see where else to put them in my apartment lol.

For that price range you could get a couple of ships. X-Wing and TIE Fighter, and if you go a bit higher you could throw in a Y-Wing as well. But if you just want one set then you need to get:

Millenium Falcon or Slave I. The latter is out of print though so you'd have to get it from Amazon.

Really fun build, and it looks good when done. It is normally $140, but who knows if it will be marked down. But it really is a great all around set, and comes with a lot of great mini figs as well.

Of course, the X-Wing comes with a Porkins figure. That is awesome in itself.

You could go for the new UCS R2D2 that launches today. It isn't a ship, but is a nice size and a good price for the number of bricks. Sure, the head is love it or hate it, but the body and detail in the rest of the droid are really nice in my opinion.

For that price range you could get a couple of ships. X-Wing and TIE Fighter, and if you go a bit higher you could throw in a Y-Wing as well. But if you just want one set then you need to get:

Really fun build, and it looks good when done. It is normally $140, but who knows if it will be marked down. But it really is a great all around set, and comes with a lot of great mini figs as well.

Of course, the X-Wing comes with a Porkins figure. That is awesome in itself.

You could go for the new UCS R2D2 that launches today. It isn't a ship, but is a nice size and a good price for the number of bricks. Sure, the head is love it or hate it, but the body and detail in the rest of the droid are really nice in my opinion.

OH SHIT. R2D2 COMES OUT TODAY?

ghostmind

If you are open to prequels sets, and it looks like you are, I would add a recommendation for the Anakin and Sebulba Podracers set. Bright, colorful, fun build and built-in handles for the pods so the kids can run around the house simulating their own race.

As for me, order number one will be UCS R2-D2, and my second order will be some smaller sets that I hadn't picked up yet that will get me over the mark for a second TC-14.

I'm glad to see this thread is still going strong. I've been purposefully avoiding it only because I can't spend money on LEGO right now. :)

Would love to get one of the special figs but I pretty much have everything I want from the Star Wars line. Also money is a bit tight lol...my budget is well over and I still have to pay for my collectors diablo 3 coming soon.

Oh well.

Looking forward to you guys posting pics of it and pics of the new R2

If you are open to prequels sets, and it looks like you are, I would add a recommendation for the Anakin and Sebulba Podracers set. Bright, colorful, fun build and built-in handles for the pods so the kids can run around the house simulating their own race.

As for me, order number one will be UCS R2-D2, and my second order will be some smaller sets that I hadn't picked up yet that will get me over the mark for a second TC-14.

Wouldn't the R2 get you two TC-14s, or is it only 1 figure per order?

And I have been eyeing the Sebulba/Anakin racers. It is a nice looking set, as is the Republic Cruiser, which seems to be well regarded in here.

Still need to get the last two in print modulars, then it is open season for me (when $$$ is right). The SSD is my white whale though. I must save up enough VIP to make it a price my wife will not murder me for ordering it. Strangely, she has no issue with me getting the Imperial Shuttle, Fire Brigade, Town Hall, and Tower Bridge within a month of each other. But the price of the SSD and the sheer size makes her want to slap me for wanting it. I think it is that it is that much for one single set, while the other sets gave me lots of stuff for less money.

Eh. It will be mine someday. Someday.

And I will definitely be ordering something at the end of the month. I NEED dat Hulk minifig. TC-14 I could care less. It is the sale prices and free shipping this weekend that is hurting me. But I need the Hulk figure. I can see the head of it being as useful as the Deadpool minifig head.

Hulk in bunny suit...I will make it happen.

Thanks for the Star Wars suggestions. I'm not much a fan of the prequels and thought the ARC-170 might have been some ship in the background from the original trilogy. Still a great looking ship though so I don't mind.

Have these all been posted yet? The new Friends line. The stable looks great:

lego-friends-3185-summer-riding-camp.jpg

http://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/blog/lego-news/first-pictures-of-friends-summer-2012-sets/

Edit: it looks like it comes with a separator. Is this normal? Sorry for the h-scroll.

I had barely any interactions with Lego until recently. Just felt the urge to buy some of the Super Heroes stuff (I'm a big comic geek). Fast forward a few weeks, and I've got all the Marvel sets except the Quinjet, a couple of the DC sets and a few Creator sets (the blue car and the red robot).

Now I'm looking at other lines, and the current Millennium Falcon and new X-Wing are looking mighty tempting.

I think I'm hooked.

I had barely any interactions with Lego until recently. Just felt the urge to buy some of the Super Heroes stuff (I'm a big comic geek). Fast forward a few weeks, and I've got all the Marvel sets except the Quinjet, a couple of the DC sets and a few Creator sets (the blue car and the red robot).

Now I'm looking at other lines, and the current Millennium Falcon and new X-Wing are looking mighty tempting.

I think I'm hooked.
Hold off on Quinjet or a bigger set until later in the month so you can get the exclusive Hulk figure from Lego. And those Star Wars sets you are eyeing are ace.

Might take part in the May 4th offer. Not sure what I want though, since my next purchase was going to be the Grand Emporium.

Tie fighter or Y-wing, or perhaps a combo of smaller sets like the escape pod? But then they're available cheaper elsewhere, am I really that fussed on a mini Tie Fighter and a minifig?

Wish they'd bring back the mini scale Star Destroyer and MF for the event! Gah, I'll probably just stick with the GE in the near future.

darkwing

Thanks for the Star Wars suggestions. I'm not much a fan of the prequels and thought the ARC-170 might have been some ship in the background from the original trilogy. Still a great looking ship though so I don't mind.

http://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/blog/lego-news/first-pictures-of-friends-summer-2012-sets/

Edit: it looks like it comes with a separator. Is this normal? Sorry for the h-scroll.

woah this set is beautiful

Might take part in the May 4th offer. Not sure what I want though, since my next purchase was going to be the Grand Emporium.

Tie fighter or Y-wing, or perhaps a combo of smaller sets like the escape pod? But then they're available cheaper elsewhere, am I really that fussed on a mini Tie Fighter and a minifig?

Wish they'd bring back the mini scale Star Destroyer and MF for the event! Gah, I'll probably just stick with the GE in the near future.

I really really liked the Y-wing and the escape pod set is great for the minifigs. Luke's landspeeder is a good one too.

Milchjon

lego-friends-3185-summer-riding-camp.jpg

Rest of the set is meh, but the van is pretty cool.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

I'm hoping for the X-Wing or Y-Wing, a good ship of some sort anyway.

Been holding out on getting more Creator stuff for this sale.

MrDaravon

I'm probably not even going to be able to swing a $75 order for the exclusive minifig and whatever sale they have on Friday. So pissed, if it was happening ONE WEEK later I would be fine and could probably even get the SSD if it is actually going to be on sale or whatever. I look forward to getting reamed on whatever that minifig winds up selling for online later :(

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Of the upcoming Friends sets I'll bite on the camper and Mia's room.

For the May the 4th promo I'm probably going for the Y-Wing. I'm sure I can get the R2-D2 for much cheaper than from lego.com (~130 instead of 170 euros).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom