• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do you have any other modular sets? If not I would go with pet shop and town hall

I already have cafe corner, grand emporium, fire brigade and pet shop. I want a second as I think the townhouse would work best as a pair, and I can turn the shop half into a different shop.

I would go Pet Shop & R2-D2 to give you some variety.

I didn't like R2D2 at first, but the review on eurobricks makes me want it. I'd probably head to a Lego store, see if they have one built up.

Plus, Townhall is a pretty boring, uninspired build overall.

It doesn't really grab me. I guess it'll be around long enough for me to see what's next - restaurant/diner has been hinted at. Plus I most likely want the haunted house. I think I'm only considering the town hall for completeness.

neonglow

This chess set just showed up on the Lego shop. $50 for 28 minifigures is not a bad deal.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Kingdoms-Chess-Set-853373

Christian

The board on the Castle chess set is so much nicer. Looks like they threw this together to quickly unload excess Kingdoms minifigures.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Weren't the minifigs in pervious chess sets stuck together?

The one we have they aren't. It's as annoying as hell as the pawns have spindly legs (skeletons or something) so they fall over all the time or are difficult to stick to the board

Naka

The chess board seems like a great value at 50 bucks if you want a decent amount of minifigs in the Kingdoms theme. After seeing the older chessboard though it's hard to compare the two as the one from 2008 is pretty damn amazing.

On an unrelated note it looks like the Modular Western Theme just achieved full support on CUUSOO

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1787

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That Western modular set is going to get made, no question about it. It looks absolutely amazing, but I really have to consider space issues with Modulars. So far I only have one (Fire Brigade) which I didn't even build yet because I'm not sure where to put it when it's done.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
LEGO say in the comments they will likely only make one of the buildings.

Unfortunately I don't see the whole set getting made which is what people voted for, really.

Only one? That's a shame. Two buildings would be nicer. Hope that piano at least gets in.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The chess board seems like a great value at 50 bucks if you want a decent amount of minifigs in the Kingdoms theme. After seeing the older chessboard though it's hard to compare the two as the one from 2008 is pretty damn amazing.

On an unrelated note it looks like the Modular Western Theme just achieved full support on CUUSOO

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1787

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Good news about the Modular Western Theme, though I never doubted it would reach 10k and get made. LEGO will probably confirm it pretty quickly. It probably won't include a Saloon because of the alcohol and gambling link.

Naka

I just got a shipping notice from LEGO.com that my back ordered TC-14 shipped. For those that were also placed on back order check your email and hopefully yours shipped too!

CorvoSol

Just laid down a pretty penny for the Black Widow and Thor minifigs. Now I'm waiting a few days so I can blow the rest of my money on the remaining marvel sets and net the Hulk minifig.

I just got a shipping notice from LEGO.com that my back ordered TC-14 shipped. For those that were also placed on back order check your email and hopefully yours shipped too!
Yup, I got my notice today that it shipped. I'm also expecting my order today or tomorrow (hopefully). My friend got his Falcon yesterday.

Chuckie

I got an email (a couple of days ago) that my TIE was delayed, however my whole order Including the TIE and the TC-14 are registered as shipped. Wonder what I will be getting hehe.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

I got a shipping confirmation on tuesday. Got an email later saying orders were backlogged, but got the package (Y-Wing) on friday anyway (NL). Off to eBay TC-14 goes!

wetwired

What sets do I have to order just for The Avengers?

I think you have to buy all of them except the loki's cube escape set, one of the cheapest :(

That's why I ordered these guys, they're exclusive to the expensive sets, so I bricklinked those and I'll just buy the cheap sets to get capt america and hawkeye

leng jai

That Western modular set is going to get made, no question about it. It looks absolutely amazing, but I really have to consider space issues with Modulars. So far I only have one (Fire Brigade) which I didn't even build yet because I'm not sure where to put it when it's done.

I have the same issue actually. Ordered the Town Hall anyway but I'm going to struggle to find space to fit 4 modulars side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom