• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The lyrics of this song I just heard on Spotify are pure hate speech

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think OP should be happy that Spotify didn't serve him Anal Cunt; with classics as "I Lit Your Baby On Fire", "Tim Is Gay", "Hitler Was A Sensitive Man", "I Sold Your Dog To A Chinese Restaurant", and the all time classic, "I got an office job for the sole purpose to sexually harass women"
I was first introduced to this band with the song "I'm gonna give you AIDS". Definitely not something you'd want to be playing at your wedding.

You haven't listened to a reggaeton, have you. At least these guys are joking.
True. Reggaeton is one of the genres I dislike the most, both lyrically and musically. I feel confident stating there's not a single good song in the entire genre, as far as I'm concerned.

I see you guys taking the Slayer song at face value? I mean, there are hundreds of tales being told from the POV of the bad guy. That' song is like that.
What, are you telling me Pink Floyd didn't really want to exterminate homosexuals, Jewish and black people? But that one song said so...

NZ4ubaU.gif
What is this a reference to again? I vaguely remember this incident.

Kite

Google says the <> synbol thing is from the Sims..?

What is <>? That my friend is a plumbob from The Sims series. At the E3 The Sims 3 Console presentation Paul Barnett had the idea to put them above people's head using head ware. (info from Jothel and Red12b). People were coming out of the EA booth with these ''things'' on there head. Someone he worked wish s aid how it resembled a gang sign, so he put his hands over his head in. Giant Bomb also had a guest at the live stream, Leigh Alexander. All hell breaks loose when they are arguing how much it cost Activision to rent out the Staples Center and then -

Why was this done? Well I don't know exactly but it was random and funny so ''<>'' was born.

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/know-your-meme-giant-bomb-edition-447195/

Zabka

This thread actually turned out to be a great comedy thread itself. I wish Spotify had lyrics again though. I'm guessing it was some sort of rights issue? It was a nifty feature though.

They've started showing lyrics again for specific songs but it also mixes in factoids. It's weird but reminds me of having a little Pop-up Video running on my phone.

hodgy100

OP what steel panther is hate speech wat?

also what at that slayer post, pretty sure depiction is not approval.

WHAT

GAF

WAT

PLZ

b2d.png

Parody or not, that is some truly awful shit.

No one should complain about Rap music ever if that kind of bullshit is allowed to fly in the name of 'comedy'. (Aint shit about it funny, either.)

The kind of shit I imagine Trump has on repeat.

Holy fuck, I do not belong in this thread. At all.

are you serious? what about this music screams trump? because its gross? what a prude!

fucking
lol

Aske

More like the opposite and that's the point.

It's neither. It's more like "this guy sowed together people's heads? That's pretty metal." There is nothing political or philosophical about the song at all, which is why it's generally considered politically inoffensive; but it's also been taken up by neonazis who think Mengele was awesome. And given that, I can understand why some people would feel uncomfortable about it, regardless of the intentions of the band.

This is what happens when bands who glorify totally metal stuff like brutality and death use WW2 as inspiration. It's all fine when they're singing about Vlad Tepes, but WW2 is a very touchy subject for some people - moreso now than it was in the 80s and 90s - so suddenly these bands end up under the ANTIFA spotlight. And then all kinds of madness ensues.

CREMSteve

Parody or not, that is some truly awful shit.

No one should complain about Rap music ever if that kind of bullshit is allowed to fly in the name of 'comedy'. (Aint shit about it funny, either.)

The kind of shit I imagine Trump has on repeat.

Holy fuck, I do not belong in this thread. At all.
It was pretty shocking, no question. Had it cranked and the windows were open, can only imagine what the neighbours were thinking if they heard it. My real beef is that if our kids had been at home, "parody band" or not, it's not something I'd want them to hear. People can argue (or in this case mock) the validity of the term "hate speech" ", but either way it's mysoginistic and just plain gross, I'm honestly more people aren't offended by it. We've got three young children, two girls and we're normally pretty aware of the types of media they consume, but Spotify wasn't really on my radar before now. Lesson learned.

Aske

It was pretty shocking, no question. Had it cranked and the windows were open, can only imagine what the neighbours were thinking if they heard it. My real beef is that if our kids had been at home, "parody band" or not, it's not something I'd want them to hear. People can argue (or in this case mock) the validity of the term "hate speech" ", but either way it's mysoginistic and just plain gross, I'm honestly more people aren't offended by it. We've got three young children, two girls and we're normally pretty aware of the types of media they consume, but Spotify wasn't really on my radar before now. Lesson learned.

Spotify's policy regarding explicit lyrics is pretty clear; and music as a medium often contains lyrics various people might find offensive or inappropriate. This feels like someone being scandalised by a boob while watching HBO.

Monochrome_F3ar

Neo Member
This reminded me of the song "angel of death" from Slayer. I know they said that they were not OK with the Nazis in an interview , but reading the lyrics you can tell they were not telling the truth (at least, that is my opinion) . After this song , not only i stopped liking Slayer, but it opened my eyes to the whole racist thing going on in the metal scene many years ago.

Lyrics:

Auschwitz, the meaning of pain
The way that I want you to die
Slow death, immense decay
Showers that cleanse you of your life

Forced in
Like cattle
You run
Stripped of
Your life's worth
Human mice, for the angel of death
Four hundred thousand more to die

Angel of death
Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
Sadistic, surgeon of demise
Sadist of the noblest blood

Destroying, without mercy
To benefit the Aryan race

Surgery, with no anesthesia
Fell the knife pierce you intensely
Inferior, no use to mankind
Strapped down screaming out to die
Angel of death
Infamous butcher,
Angel of death

Pumped with fluid, inside your brain
Pressure in your skull begins pushing through your eyes
Burning flesh, drips away
Test of heat burns your skin, your mind starts to boil
Frigid cold, cracks your limbs

How long can you last
In this frozen water burial?
Sewn together, joining heads
Just a matter of time
til you rip yourselves apart
Millions laid out in their

Crowded tombs
Sickening ways to achieve
The holocaust
Seas of blood, bury life
Smell your death as it burns
Deep inside of you

Abacinate, eyes that bleed
Praying for the end of
Your wide awake nightmare
Wings of pain, reach out for you
His face of death staring down,
Your blood running cold

Injecting cells, dying eyes
Feeding on the screams of
The mutants hes creating
Pathetic harmless victims
Left to die
Rancid angel of death
Flying free

Angel of death
Infamous butcher,
Angel of death

Yeah that's not even the worst of them. Metals kind of nothing but that. But one thing it's not is Racist. It depicts a bunch of atrocities that went one but not once does AoD mention any racial slurs of sorts towards Jewish people dude.

Honestly I'm more offended that you are so offended by this song than anything and I hate Steel Panther. As a father of 3 awesome kids (2 are in college now) your kids would of survived hearing Steel Panther, but to each their own.

This reminds of a parody band out of Nashville called Birdcloud. They recently had a local show here, and some PC left-wing couple (you know the type of person that other liberals hate, because they give liberals a bad name) made fake calls trying to get the show shut down. They called other venues on the band's tour trying to create a fake outrage. They also have offended conservatives which are way too easy to offend now a days. It was all because of songs like this:

Indianer (a song that makes fun of Southerners, because they all claim to be part Native American)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZTyquHcJY&list=RDtzZTyquHcJY

Blackguys (parody song about having sex with...well I think you get it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785Vhfh4EUc

Saving Myself For Jesus (see lyrics that made anyone with the last name of Graham stroke out)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56t7HyI0oA

Honey I feel your bone, I'd rather sit here all alone
Oh honey I feel your bone, I'd rather sit here all alone
You tell me that you love me, don't try and corrupt me

I'm saving myself for Jesus
You can titty-fuck me, Tie me up, dry-hump me
and slap me in the face, I'll even let you call me mommy
He died upon the cross, let me get my point across
My hymen belongs to Jesus
Honey I'll roll over let you poke me in the back door
Oh Honey I'll roll over let you cram it in my back door
I ain't gonna be one of them Mary Magdelene whores
My pussy belongs to Jesus
I ain't going to hell like them sumbitch moslims
the catholics and the jews and osama bin ladens
I aint going to hell like ol' Charlie Manson
Jimmy Carter or the fucking Unibomber
And when we get married then I'll let you pop my cherry
and I'll love you like the devil in our home in Shelbyville
and we'll go up to heaven and we'll meet ol' baby Jesus
you'll be so glad that we waited
you'll be so glad that we waited
Honey I feel your bone

There's a difference between using an IBM computer and saying "Damn, those calculation machines IBM made for the Holocaust were dope as fuck!"

I don't see the problem when they were dope as fuck. Maybe a little bit insensitive in the way you phrased it (the other guy didn't use the language, that was you) but one can appreciate the work of horrible people without supporting what they did with it.

This reminded me of the song "angel of death" from Slayer. I know they said that they were not OK with the Nazis in an interview , but reading the lyrics you can tell they were not telling the truth (at least, that is my opinion) . After this song , not only i stopped liking Slayer, but it opened my eyes to the whole racist thing going on in the metal scene many years ago.

Hah, next you are gonna tell me Iron Maiden is promoting killing American Indians, Judas Priest is in favor of government surveillance, and D&D makes kids into Satan worshippers. Brb reliving my childhood up in here.

Hah, next you are gonna tell me Iron Maiden is promoting killing American Indians, Judas Priest is in favor of government surveillance, and D&D makes kids into Satan worshippers. Brb reliving my childhood up in here.

Growing up in the 80's it was the religious right that spouted this bullshit. How in the hell did it turn into liberals doing it?

Arkeband

Banned
The whole point of Steel Panther is to parody the over the top sexism of glam metal by cranking it to 110%. It's like Anthony Atamanuik's Trump proclaiming out of nowhere "I am the Beast, and I will kill us all." It's funny because it's gonzo to the point of absurdism.

And obviously that it's a bunch of leather clad, VD-infested Narcissus characters should be all the context to know that no one in their right mind would see them as role model material.

C'mon OP. The fact that this randomly popped up on your Spotify and you didn't realize that it's intentional comedy is kind of sad (and maybe you take glam metal too seriously).

DeadTrees

No mention of Guns N' Roses' One in a Million? Axl Rose actually used the "why aren't white people allowed to call black people 'niggers'?" defense when talking about it.

Top Bottom