• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

I've seen people mention the Raptor but I didn't feel like it was anything amazing, but I guess it's because of the kick. So the Sentinel can give it enough stability to make it feel less like a Counter Strike AK? Is that set up gold viable?

Edit: New equipment, Combatives Upgrade. 120 MP. +10% damage to Pistols and ARs. So the upgrade is even worse than it was in ME3 where it was 12%. Yeah...

You don't NEED the stability for the Raptor to be effective, but without it you have to be more patient with burst shots rather than full auto. The Raptor is one of the best ARs in the game, it just happens to be poorly classified as a "Sniper" Rifle (which just means you have to scope to do full damage). Perfectly viable for Gold though, especially moreso than most of the actual ARs.

Stream did not instill any confidence. Brief recap:

-We're going to ban people
-Balance is iterative
-Pizza delivery in
-We're really going to ban people, it's important to us for whatever reason
-Most players play on bronze
-WE'RE GOING TO FUCKING BAN PEOPLE
-More information about weapon, enemy, and power balance in the future
-If you use exploits in this non-competitive multiplayer game we're going to ban you

Memory

-Balance is iterative
-Pizza delivery in
-If you use exploits in this non-competitive multiplayer game we're going to ban you

You missed the part where they said they don't really play Gold, one dev seemed like he only had one level 20 character.

Gold difficulties balance makes so much sense now, i can't even be mad at everyone just outlaw zero base Vanquisher farming.

SGRX

There should have already been balance changes since the last patch. It's not like they have to worry about balancing for PvP - they would be better off risking improving a few weapons or powers a bit too much, and subsequently having to tone them down, than just leaving everything as it is while people lose interest in the game.

I would love to see him run a gold Kett match with that architect/sweeper combination.

Akai__

What are people actually getting banned for?

I'm just occasionally playing MP and don't know anything about exploits etc.

Jamaro85

Why did I just play through a game with invincibility AND unlimited ammo? I can understand a glitch causing one, but BOTH? With a raptor too? I'm sure that annoyed my teammates ears all game.

Wondering if it has something to do with this, though it'd be weird to have a hack that gives a teammate that power.

They were pretty ambiguous about it. We can't know if the double-booster exploit is a bannable offense, or if they're more interested in actual cheats. They did make a point to specify that they consider exploits to be a violation of the Terms of Service.

Big Nikus

The way equipements work should be made clear ingame, they should indicate when it's consumable items and when it's not. For the Strike Teams, I've read that you can only equip one item per team, and you can not remove it to give it to another team. And if you buy a new item for a team, the previous one just disappear ? Can someone confirm ? I read this in a thread on reddit, and still haven't bought anything for my Strike Teams. It takes to long to get mission funds, I don't wanna screw up and waste them.

geordiemp

The way equipements work should be made clear ingame, they should indicate when it's consumable items and when it's not. For the Strike Teams, I've read that you can only equip one item per team, and you can not remove it to give it to another team. And if you buy a new item for a team, the previous one just disappear ? Can someone confirm ? I read this in a thread on reddit, and still haven't bought anything for my Strike Teams. It takes to long to get mission funds, I don't wanna screw up and waste them.

Equipment is 1 per team, and is with that strike team always until you replace it. For example, I bought night vision for a team and it put a goggle icon next to the team...and adds lots of % when you do night missions.

Dont buy any equipment, just do bronze and silver....its much easier and you get no negative traits.

Stopped using the app once I got two of my strike teams to level 20. I guess I need to actually play the game to get the most out of the app. All these single player rewards piling up...

Big Nikus

Equipment is 1 per team, and is with that strike team always until you replace it. For example, I bought night vision for a team and it put a goggle icon next to the team...and adds lots of % when you do night missions.

Dont buy any equipment, just do bronze and silver....its much easier and you get no negative traits.

Thanks ! Yeah I think I'll just avoid Gold missions, at least for now.
But when you replace an equipment, the previous one just disappear ? It can not be given to another team ? That's kinda rough.

geordiemp

Thanks ! Yeah I think I'll just avoid Gold missions, at least for now.
But when you replace an equipment, the previous one just disappear ? It can not be given to another team ? That's kinda rough.

You only missing maybe 15 Mission funds per day om strike teams and it keeps your teams positive.

It would cost 125 MF just to be good at gold with 1 team, maybe in a few weeks, but at moment I have other uses for MF credits

If you buy SAME equipment for another team it goes from your first team

-Balance is iterative
-Pizza delivery in

I played The Division mostly for the cooperative parts of that game and the constant exploits killed that game for me. I recently played through one Gold difficulty session with some kind of weird bug or exploit that made it so you could one shot any enemy with any gun. Everything from Fiends to enemies with shields were going down with one or two shots. It was interesting but not what I play the game for.

Lol I just saw on Reddit they asked on stream if you see someone using the double ammo glitch to exit the lobby and report them since it's a violation of the TOS.

Akai__

Wondering if it has something to do with this, though it'd be weird to have a hack that gives a teammate that power.

They were pretty ambiguous about it. We can't know if the double-booster exploit is a bannable offense, or if they're more interested in actual cheats. They did make a point to specify that they consider exploits to be a violation of the Terms of Service.

Thanks. Well, I'm sure they will do anything to prevent people from farming credits pretty fast and circumventing the microtransaction system. I really don't care, as long as I'm not dragged into this shit and people ruin the fun for you, though.

Ronabo

Kinda figures the dev team is like how Harmonix was with Rock Band. Most of the dev team there couldn't play songs on expert. No wonder they think the weapons and classes are all balanced and working as intended.

SMH. :(

Bombless

Kinda figures the dev team is like how Harmonix was with Rock Band. Most of the dev team there couldn't play songs on expert. No wonder they think the weapons and classes are all balanced and working as intended.

SMH. :(

I doubt it's that bad but they can't go "Yeah, we fucked up bad, we need to change everything" on stream since this is a PR op. Probably also why they won't communicate on balance openly anywhere, it would add bad press over the already bad ones out there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't get how you don't play y our own end game content though, particularly when you are making a game where you are hoping players buy gacha/slot machine drops for the next 2+ years.

Do people just make up numbers and hope they work out? Like WTF?

Renekton

You missed the part where they said they don't really play Gold, one dev seemed like he only had one level 20 character.

Gold difficulties balance makes so much sense now, i can't even be mad at everyone just outlaw zero base Vanquisher farming.
I wonder if Jeff Kaplan plays high ranked OW.

SGRX

I don't get how you don't play y our own end game content though, particularly when you are making a game where you are hoping players buy gacha/slot machine drops for the next 2+ years.

Sadly I doubt the MP in this game is going to get nearly the support that ME3's did (and that got what, 1 year give or take?), and what it does get will mostly be kits based on recycled assets and seemingly random powers, and more useless, watered down ultra-rare weapons for people to use on bronze.

Maledict

I don't understand why this isnt as good as ME3 was. I get why the single player isn't great, but the multiplayer is done by the same studio! Why is it so unbalanced? Why has all the strategy about spawn points gone? Who thought those stupid dogs being in every enemy type was a good idea? Or hell, the Outlaw faction full stop just because they are so boring? Why the change the character cards that makes it impossible to play ultra rare characters full? Why are so, so many weapons useless?

Renekton

The recap on reddit said that the devs play silver and gold at home, but this thread says different? Which was it?

So... which one is it?

I hold out the hope that one day, the MP here will reach what ME3's was, since that does seem way better than this. I never did play ME3's multiplayer, though.

I still enjoy what I do play of the ME: A multiplayer, but I find myself playing it less now. Much less.

I hold out the hope that one day, the MP here will reach what ME3's was, since that does seem way better than this. I never did play ME3's multiplayer, though.

I still enjoy what I do play of the ME: A multiplayer, but I find myself playing it less now. Much less.
This is kinda where I'm at - there's a lot of fun builds to play but unless you're really active to get character ranks up a bit and level each of those characters to 20, the grind's not very fun unless you're ok with the current grind meta with snipers on firebase zero outlaw gold, or you play the game exactly as the devs want you to play, which requires more teamwork and less lone-wolfing which isn't always the case in pubs. I have a pretty decent manifest at this point but it's starting to get tiring queuing up for games with pubs only to end up in one of those; at the same time, I can't be mad at my teammates for wanting to do that when they're not enjoying playing gold with their current gear/characters.

Dialing down my playtime on this a bit in hopes that the lackluster response from the devs picks up in the near future. If you're on PC, feel free to add me (LiveGoats) - usually on in the evenings PST and I try to mix it up with characters and weapons to avoid things feeling too samey.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's the point of walking slowly during those delivery objectives when you can just spam evade to get to the point quickly? Did the devs even thought of people doing that?

deafmedal

What's the point of walking slowly during those delivery objectives when you can just spam evade to get to the point quickly? Did the devs even thought of people doing that?

really?! that's silly as fuck...

I need people to play this with, just not feeling the grind with randos :(

Renekton

I need some beginner tips. I keep getting wrecked.
Stick to one class you enjoy for now, spam basic packs, use consumables on Wave 6, do Apex mobile app to buy consumables, don't lone wolf, stay close to the most competent teammate, stay in cover, occasionally scan your six for flankers and dash to new spot if flanked.

Mindlog

I have a montage worth of headshots that didn't count as headshots.
Clippy still shows up with, "I see you're trying to reload" every time I want to reload.

But like I said earlier. Observers have WAY too much health for an aerial unit with so much room to maneuver.
WUJZISk.gif

Come on. That's a little excessive.

Renekton

I have a montage worth of headshots that didn't count as headshots.
Clippy still shows up with, "I see you're trying to reload" every time I want to reload.

But like I said earlier. Observers have WAY too much health for an aerial unit with so much room to maneuver.
WUJZISk.gif

Come on. That's a little excessive.
Observers take alot more damage if you hit them on the eye, tho that goes back to headshot hitbox problems 😗

Snagret

It's insane to me that they were willing to drop equipment with +75% damage modifier for melee which already is crazy overpowered and gets juiced up even moreso on most passive trees, but are throwing out 15% and 10% modifiers on powers and guns respectively which are both currently so anemic.

Especially on pistols, 10% is absolutely nothing.

Ronabo

It's probably because they are dumb and would never build a character with all the melee skills. So they think 75% buff to a melee is great since it doesn't get used that much.

But anything over 10% on ARs and pistols is nuts because EVERYONE uses those guns.

Bittercup

Yesterday I joined a match and and my Viper sniper rifle had constantly 99/999 ammo.
It's maybe for people using cheats like that.

Pheace

Yesterday I joined a match and and my Viper sniper rifle had constantly 99/999 ammo.
It's maybe for people using cheats like that.

Very likely. They even said, if you end up in a game where you suspect cheating is going on to leave and report the host. People can hack the match if they're host.

That said, screw that. I unwillingly crash out of enough games to not waste my time dropping even more games on my own because some guy ended up cheating. I'll take the easy win and drop out after the match.

Renekton

It's insane to me that they were willing to drop equipment with +75% damage modifier for melee which already is crazy overpowered and gets juiced up even moreso on most passive trees, but are throwing out 15% and 10% modifiers on powers and guns respectively which are both currently so anemic.

Especially on pistols, 10% is absolutely nothing.
It seems like a Valve thing to do, making a playstyle choice too strong (e.g. cheap Negev) just to encourage players to use it so they can collect more feedback. This is coming from ME3 MP where melee was pretty bad.

Jamaro85

Strike team equipment really does seem like a joke. 300 MF for +10 effectiveness to all is probably going to result in a loss on the investment. It only makes a difference in gold and won't give you a high enough success rate to not suffer a decent amount of failures, inevitably bringing about negative traits. One negative trait already cancels out that purchase. Wtf is going on. Even 150 MF for +20 of a specific trait seems like a bad bet. I guess they wanted to make the balance similar to that of the actual game.

I am saddened that MP is still a steaming pile of shit from the looks of this. I was expecting more of the ME3 magic, but looks like they shat out a turd. Disappointed, I was really really looking forward to this :-/

On the bright side, I am very much enjoying Overwatch's new 4 player co-op mode, would recommend it to people looking for humans-vs-ai wave based game. It's still only one map, but the polish is amazing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I am saddened that MP is still a steaming pile of shit from the looks of this. I was expecting more of the ME3 magic, but looks like they shat out a turd. Disappointed, I was really really looking forward to this :-/

On the bright side, I am very much enjoying Overwatch's new 4 player co-op mode, would recommend it to people looking for humans-vs-ai wave based game. It's still only one map, but the polish is amazing.

I love it too, but like you said it's one map, and enemies mostly spawn in the same spots everytime, so it gets too predictable after a while.

Mindlog

I haven't even seen mention of stability, bloom, and penetration. Most of those mechanics aren't working correctly or at all.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
I don't understand why this isnt as good as ME3 was. I get why the single player isn't great, but the multiplayer is done by the same studio! Why is it so unbalanced? Why has all the strategy about spawn points gone? Who thought those stupid dogs being in every enemy type was a good idea? Or hell, the Outlaw faction full stop just because they are so boring? Why the change the character cards that makes it impossible to play ultra rare characters full? Why are so, so many weapons useless?

I hear you man. I spent a ton of time with ME3 multi. I haven't bothered to play a round of Andromeda for about a week now.

My biggest issue with the multiplayer is that even if they'd nailed the balance and the unlock system wasn't so bad, the whole thing is still so fucking unambitious. I loved ME3 multiplayer, but let's be real is a was a very simple, bolted-on thing that was not much more than a proof of concept. Now years later, all they could muster was the same fucking thing.

They could have done sooo much more than the same wave-based thing with the same repetitive missions.

It is better than ME3 in every single way. It loads faster, it's more stable (play ME3 lately?), the movement is loads better, ME3 was unbalanced.

People keep hammering on Balance, it's become this comment that must obviously be true. For example, people are pissed about the Mattock not being an uncommon that's OP like in ME3, it's better balanced in ME:A as an uncommon.

What people seem to be upset about is that some guns that are UR or Rare are not obviously better than Common or Uncommon weapons. Did you forget this same issue existed in ME3? The Carnifex, the Mattock, the Reager Carbine, were all guns that weren't balanced compared to their rareness.

People argue for +200% cooldowns coming back without acknowleding that each skill has it's own cooldown, so if all three skills have reduced cooldown, skills won't be "balanced" at all.

People apparently want the Combo power and detonations to be increased, people want shotgun and AR damage to increase. The game is already seriously easy at Gold using low level characters with an effin Predator and an Avenger. It's easy. All a team needs to do is be coordinated, prioritize mission waves, and have some synergies in classes b/w teammates. If you boost the damage of two weapon classes and combo's, and it's a cakewalk to get through Gold, how is that balance?

The reddit threads appeared to be filled with people who are very bad at the game. Who know one strategy to sit on Firebase Zero sniping with the Vanquisher against the outlaws. The community in this game has let me down far more than any balance issues. Git Good. Play new maps. Discover strategies based on movement rather than camping in a corner sniping. The best thing Bioware could do is the Nerf the Vanquisher completely.

Top Bottom