• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

deafmedal

What weapons/leveling paths are you guys going with on the AAdept? Gonna start leveling her again now.

I only tried a couple games using it but it seemed to give only a few points for damage/assists (as in +10 or so). I only have it ranked half way up so maybe that has to do with it? Perhaps you could elaborate on how it gets you points.

I run 4/6/4/6/6:
Throw: B
Annihilation: A, A, A
Lance: B
OB: A, A, B
Barrier: A, A, B

Run a Scorpion with clip and damage and a Sidewinder with receiver and clip. Talon and or Equalizer work as well, once my guns are ranked higher I'll prolly go Equalizer and Scorpion. The reason I go with 6A for Annihilation is for the shields and support medal- usually get a silver support medal from it worth 500 points plus every bit of shields helps. Works best with a detonator running with you like a HA, AS or my fav HV. 2 AAs and 2 HVs trivializes gold TBH, constant stagger and shields for everyone if the group runs together.

When you are doing it right the point feed will not stop, not even between waves or at the end of the game, those +10 supports add up. Run in, throw, lance, melee, shoot repeat. Should end the game with assist, support, pistol, melee, and biotic kill medals on top of the regular ones. For big enemies remember to dash back to 'reset' annihilation.

Then, open your packs and get Sweeper, Sandstorm and Halberd upgrades while your buddy gets Scorpion, Talon and Hesh upgrades. Rage, repeat ;)

So I just unlocked the equalizer. This thing seems like a slightly weaker thokin with a way better ammo and clip size situation, just with a limited range. It seems like it absolutely melts through armor when used with a receiver and turbocharge specced for accuracy.

deafmedal

So I just unlocked the equalizer. This thing seems like a slightly weaker thokin with a way better ammo and clip size situation, just with a limited range. It seems like it absolutely melts through armor when used with a receiver and turbocharge specced for accuracy.

Run it with clip and the damn thing never runs out of ammo if you pulse it, reminds me of the Spectre class AR from ME. Great gun, spreads ammo effects quite well!

PrankT

Might need a 2nd low weight weapon for those times you're forced to use ranged damage(like the Hack/Upload objectives) because the Equalizer can't hit anything that is farther than 20 something feet. Personally using the Sidewinder since sniper rifles are too heavy and I want to stick to 100% recharge.
That's why I use the raptor as a backup. It's light, especially with lightweight materials, great for distance, and really good damage at higher levels. The equalizer/raptor combo works for all my characters.

Mindlog

Equalizer is top tier. Sidewinder is a fantastic backup if you need something lightweight.
Asari Adept like I said before. Vortex always for me. Melee recharges your shields faster and Vortex means you take less damage to begin with.
I can't agree on the weapons. They feel bad to use. I'm sure you could call them balanced because the game isn't impossibly hard or anything, but they're not any fun. Firing away all 50 or whatever bullets in your Charger at a nearby Overseer and then having to reload because you're not even through its shields feels bad. And then firing away 50 more bullets and it's still not dead. It's so bad. When it's usually not a good idea to use your gun if you have an opening to run up and punch, that's a problem.
As a common the Charger is still more effective than many uncommon and even rares from ME3 MP. I can remember being one of the few to ever use stuff like the Tempest, Phaeston and Locust in Gold/Plat. Charger feels OK for a common to me. I agree melee is a bit of an issue, but that's because of sustain. A quick burst of damage is fine. Being able to constantly punch to refill your shields is too much. This is one of the reasons I find the Krogan Vanguard to be the most fragile of them all.
I only tried a couple games using it but it seemed to give only a few points for damage/assists (as in +10 or so). I only have it ranked half way up so maybe that has to do with it? Perhaps you could elaborate on how it gets you points.
Place all of your points into Invasion first. Then all of your follow up points to anything that boosts Invasion with some points into Shield Boost as you like. How Invasion exactly works is a mystery locked behind wonky mechanics. Rank 4 I take Outbreak hoping it works, but others recommend Recharge Speed which will always work. Rank 5 is Epidemic for me, but another mystery in practice. Rank 6 is the important skill. Virulence always. Virulence kills most small enemies outright when they get below 15% health. In groups it can trigger a chain reaction of kills.

Cast Invasion on targets with the highest health when possible. Also cast it on anything you can inside a large group so it starts spreading. Again no one really knows the details on how it spreads. I REALLY don't know the details on duration because it frequently outlasts my focus and the random kills are plentiful.

All of the regular weapons work, but my favorites are Falcon and Scorpion. As the Operator I try to cast Invasion on choke points and keep the enemy bottled up as much as possible. When Invasion starts popping Virulence the closer everyone is together the better. I'll frequently leave stragglers behind and move on to the next group because they'll die to virulence eventually. Won't steal as many kills when in a group of good snipers, but still performs well.

Jamaro85

Damn, some great insight on the asari adept and salarian operator. Really wish I could hop on and try some things out tonight. I had no idea the Scorpion was like that, will have to give it a try. I didn't even have a Sidewinder until yesterday and somehow got it again two packs later, so I look forward to trying that too.

What I personally wasn't feeling was the Equalizer. It felt really really weak, but I will have to give it another shot, perhaps with the extended ammo mod or whatever it's called. I see a lot of you swearing by it and seem to see at least one in every match so there must be something to it. It really just felt like it was taking way too long to put anything down when I used it.

And yeah, vortex changed my life. It's crazy to see even flying robots just start hovering helplessly. Still, with not having the instant shield recharge of a vanguard I think I may end up missing the 30% shield recharge upon annihilation range enemy death. It definitely helps to have the shields restored when health drops below 25% skill though as an offset.

I've been running the Raptor on the AA and it's been working well, but I'd really like to have an active melee mod as I'm running around, so I hope some combination of these pistols works out for me.

Renekton

What I personally wasn't feeling was the Equalizer. It felt really really weak, but I will have to give it another shot, perhaps with the extended ammo mod or whatever it's called. I see a lot of you swearing by it and seem to see at least one in every match so there must be something to it. It really just felt like it was taking way too long to put anything down when I used it.
It is quite overpowered with special ammo and receiver. Give it another shot.

It is more like a younger brother of the Sweeper, which is funny because Sweeper feels weaker.

Jamaro85

It is quite overpowered with special ammo and receiver. Give it another shot.

It is more like a younger brother of the Sweeper, which is funny because Sweeper feels weaker.

Oooh I see. Is the receiver uncommon or rare? I might have to start getting 20k packs if it's uncommon.

Thanks. Made 300K to spend on advanced packs and couldn't get one, oh well.

Anybody running Krogan Vanguard on gold? Not having the 20% barrier regeneration upon melee hit seems like it could be rough.

Yup, have a fully leveled KroGuard, works fine on Gold. You're probably not going to top the charts like AAdepts and Infiltrators who can put out more damage faster, but if you spec for survivability you can make yourself at the very least really hard to kill. I consider Bastion and Regeneration vital to staying in the thick of it on Gold.

Mindlog

Thokin goes through ammo so fast. The solution is definitely just to go ahead and carry Thokin and Rev when using Turbocharge.

Run!
FUCK!
YES!
tTDsl4O.gif

I had used several rockets to save teammates from OHKOs during the game. Happy to see them return the favor. I 100% did not know a fiend was anywhere on that portion of the map when I started dashing to the LZ.

The fastest way to earn credits are the Gold Apex missions. They have their bonus even after you complete them. Best part is that there are a lot of great players doing the same thing.

I had used several rockets to save teammates from OHKOs during the game. Happy to see them return the favor. I 100% did not know a fiend was anywhere on that portion of the map when I started dashing to the LZ.

That because Fiends are absolutely broken, either in their pathfinding or how their position is updated to clients. I've been pulled through walls, through floors, and from great distances where the other sync enemies would not have had a chance at attacking me. It's like the #1 bullshit thing that needs to get fixed apart from balance changes, and one of the biggest reasons why people choose not to fight Kett on Gold.

god damn Bioware/EA worthless shit i just played 3 gold matches and they all crashed. How the fuck can it be ok to release a game in thsi state? It should say on the back off the box

-dont play the multiplayer its not working unless you host the game because we rushed it and skipped the beta.

and why the fuck are they keeping quiet? i dont know how much more of this i can take.

So people on other forums seem to have confirmed that a "pity timer" exists when it comes to UR unlocks and expert packs - the game will keep track of how many you've opened since getting a UR card. Basically you cannot open 10 packs without getting 1 UR at least; if you are lucky and get one before the count reaches 10, it'll reset. I went straight from basic to expert packs and this seems to line up with my experience, as I've been unlocking URs at a steady clip.

Mindlog

So people on other forums seem to have confirmed that a "pity timer" exists when it comes to UR unlocks and expert packs - the game will keep track of how many you've opened since getting a UR card. Basically you cannot open 10 packs without getting 1 UR at least; if you are lucky and get one before the count reaches 10, it'll reset. I went straight from basic to expert packs and this seems to line up with my experience, as I've been unlocking URs at a steady clip.
A streamer earlier confirmed that this does not apply to Premium Packs. They went 10 Premium Packs with no UR. Premium Packs seem to be very bad unless you are buying them with real money. Need larger sample sizes to confirm.
That because Fiends are absolutely broken, either in their pathfinding or how their position is updated to clients. I've been pulled through walls, through floors, and from great distances where the other sync enemies would not have had a chance at attacking me. It's like the #1 bullshit thing that needs to get fixed apart from balance changes, and one of the biggest reasons why people choose not to fight Kett on Gold.
The best part of that was that I was host.
Besides that I actually had a good time with that Apex mission. Precision bonus damage meant that my Isharay could one-shot just about everything and on host it's very easy to pop heads. Even Ascendants die in one precision shot.

Fix:
#1 Reloading.
#2 Off Host hit-boxes.
#3 Characters aiming off center-reticle.

Tarahiro

Had more crashes than usual recently. Also had a game where I got stuck in a wall... couldnt run/jump/dash/vanguard charge out. Had to quit match.

Wasting too many boosters.

I love it when it works though :p

I have gotten super lucky with not having any cashes at all but super unlucky with opening boxes. I keep doing the 20k box and I haven't unlocked a single new class yet. It is taking forever to level up all my guys. Hopefully once every class that I have is maxed I will start to get some new classes.

I have gotten super lucky with not having any cashes at all but super unlucky with opening boxes. I keep doing the 20k box and I haven't unlocked a single new class yet. It is taking forever to level up all my guys. Hopefully once every class that I have is maxed I will start to get some new classes.

General rule of thumb is don't buy many Advanced or higher boxes until you've maxed out your common classes. Luckily silver is completely manageable even with common classes and guns, and that will net you 4 basic packs worth of credits per run.

You can save up and splurge on an Expert pack to hope for a better weapon or class, but you should really get all those commons out of the way at the cheapest possible credit cost.

Mindlog

I found a reproducible crash.
Every time I tried to use a Krogan Vanguard on the current Apex mission (Shotgun/Outlaw/Icebreaker) I crashed.
However, if I host I don't crash.

iunno

Ended up accidentally finding a Krogan Vanguard build I like. More or less the Krogan meant to use the Soned. I was never totally sold on the class, but now I am. Melee just enough to keep rage going and the rest is all weapon damage. I had been putting too much emphasis on melee damage which was pointless. Melee doesn't increase Krogan sustainability on its own and taking an extra swing on a mook is easily addressed with a weapon blast.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know one thing I miss from ME3? Grabbing someone from cover for a one hit kill.

That or the cool looking weapon smash a Krogan would do if you tried to melee while running. Now it's just headbutts no matter what you do.

You know one thing I miss from ME3? Grabbing someone from cover for a one hit kill.

That or the cool looking weapon smash a Krogan would do if you tried to melee while running. Now it's just headbutts no matter what you do.

Melee is so boring now that I just try to avoid it. Even if it is effective, its not fun.

ME stream is up. Talking damage readjustments, making outlaw stronger, kett weaker, boosting damage of pistols/shotguns/assault rifles. Missing the forest for the trees re: diffulty and balancing. Say that the flaws are most pronounced on Gold, but then turn around and say 60+% of the matches are on bronze so they have to make sure the game feels balanced at the point where most of the people are playing (conveniently omitting the fact that people stick to the lower difficulties because Gold is some bullshit).

Seems like a lot of balance changes. My concern is still that the buffs won't be nearly great enough.

Yeah, it feels like they're looking at things too high level rather than figuring out the actual problems. Kett isn't hardest because they do more damage or have more HP, Kett are bullshit because Fiend sync kills are a goddamn mess.

Edit: And the stream's over, with no announced release date for the patch. idontknowwhatiexpected.gif.

Bisnic

I don't mind the Fiends much since I have yet to be grabbed by one of them(haven't touch Gold to be honest).

What I do hate though is that stupid mini-boss with the floating orb. If at least the orb was spinning at a lower speed, it wouldn't be so annoying to deal with this guy.

Snagret

Seems like a lot of balance changes. My concern is still that the buffs won't be nearly great enough.
I have this nagging feeling that every balance change will come in very slight bumps to various stats each time, which is a bummer considering how infrequently the patches are being scheduled.

I guess we'll see.

I don't mind the Fiends much since I have yet to be grabbed by one of them(haven't touch Gold to be honest).

What I do hate though is that stupid mini-boss with the floating orb. If at least the orb was spinning at a lower speed, it wouldn't be so annoying to deal with this guy.

Maybe it's because I usually play vanguard, but I get snatched by Fiends on the regular.

Unless all the sync kill BS is intended, I can't imagine why you would try to balance the Kett without addressing sync kills first. I avoid Kett because if you get the wrong objective type wave, you're fucked. They would have to nerf Non-boss Kett to the point that a stiff breeze kills them for me to consider dealing with Kett gold objective waves. But that would make the Kett not fun to fight anyway, so I still wouldn't bother with it.

Bisnic

Maybe it's because I usually play vanguard, but I get snatched by Fiends on the regular.

I play Asari Adept, so I have to stay in close range most of the time too. :p But I tend to stay away from any mini boss that could kill me in one hit if i'm not careful.

Mindlog

The Wave 6 Kett objective is one of the last difficult things left in the game. On uploads if your team is good you skirt the outside of the last zone to keep heavies and dogs away. If your team is awesome you just stay in the zone and kill everything.

Letting a cobra go through the Ascendant's shield feels like a cheap way of getting around how long it takes to pull out a cobra after killing the orb. Why is it the only only thing that doesn't interrupt your reload is taking out your cobra? 😕

Ascendant's are still my favorite enemy.

The only pressing weapon adjustments I have.
Crusader shouldn't have bloom. Bloom on a slug is stupid.
The Soned is sad. Cyclone uncommon outperforms an ultra-rare.
Ushior could use some attention.

Most of the other weapons already feel fine for their role when leveled 😕

Jamaro85

Letting a cobra go through the Ascendant's shield feels like a cheap way of getting around how long it takes to pull out a cobra after killing the orb. Why is it the only only thing that doesn't interrupt your reload is taking out your cobra? 😕

Ascendant's are still my favorite enemy.

Now that you put it like that I kind of agree. It does seem like it would be a little too easy if cobras ripped through the shield. But YES, the cobra not interrupting reload is annoying as hell with Ascendants.

The only pressing weapon adjustments I have.
Crusader shouldn't have bloom. Bloom on a slug is stupid.
Ushior could use some attention.

Most of the other weapons already feel fine for their role when leveled 😕

The Ushior is a sad, sad thing. It is really perplexing that they'd have you waste an UR pull on such a POS weapon. Sadly I have Ushior II, and Valkyrie I as two of my very few URs. These weapons are not just atrocious for URs but they are bad compared to most everything.

I also wish they'd make some of the lesser desired pulls less frequent. I have Shotgun Barrel VII, but no other gold weapon higher than III.

Mindlog

I also wish they'd make some of the lesser desired pulls less frequent. I have Shotgun Barrel VII, but no other gold weapon higher than III.
Valkyries bounces a lot. Maybe too much.
I didn't know packs could work that way. That is very unlucky. I always start getting mods after I had already leveled most of my weapons and characters to X.

Unless all the sync kill BS is intended, I can't imagine why you would try to balance the Kett without addressing sync kills first. I avoid Kett because if you get the wrong objective type wave, you're fucked. They would have to nerf Non-boss Kett to the point that a stiff breeze kills them for me to consider dealing with Kett gold objective waves. But that would make the Kett not fun to fight anyway, so I still wouldn't bother with it.
They said the frequency of sync kills on gold will be lessened with Kett, but didn't really get into specifics of what this means.

I used a level 2 Soned last night for a few Gold games. I really want to like the gun, just because of how it looks and feels, though I agree with you, thats its performance is a bit ordinary.
I used ice, fire and electrical rounds in all the games I played (on a human soldier) and even though I think its Gold-viable under those circumstances (as a support weapon), I still came last on my team in almost all my games with about 14-15 thousand points. It is very fun to use with Adrenaline Rush. Just hold the trigger down and spray the shit out of everything. lol

Jamaro85

Just joined a game where two people were checked as ready and figured it hadn't started yet. I threw on two consumables and hit ready. I was thrown into a game in wave 7, and within a few seconds extraction was complete. Consumables gone, no money gained.

This damn game.

Edit: Stayed in the lobby and started another game with the same guys, and everything is dying in one hit. Shields drained in one hit, health drained in next hit. Wtf.

pmj

I liked what I heard on the stream about making shotguns better on the move. I finally got the Vanquisher and it seems nice and all, but I'm glad I'll soon have more fun alternatives. Wow at the power multiplier not being applied on Gold due to a bug. Less happy with Outlaw snipers being buffed, they're incredibly annoying already. I'd rather see every other unit get their HP increased. But what do I know about balancing.

My god though, I just went through multiple games where I kept missing my Lances. There's something going on here, as sometimes I miss over and over and over. And fair enough, maybe, my aim isn't the best and I did probably aim a foot to the left of that Raider's midsection. It's just that other times, more often than not in fact, the game is super generous with giving you hits, even stuff you know was way off.

oneils

A streamer earlier confirmed that this does not apply to Premium Packs. They went 10 Premium Packs with no UR. Premium Packs seem to be very bad unless you are buying them with real money. Need larger sample sizes to confirm.

The best part of that was that I was host.
Besides that I actually had a good time with that Apex mission. Precision bonus damage meant that my Isharay could one-shot just about everything and on host it's very easy to pop heads. Even Ascendants die in one precision shot.

Fix:
#1 Reloading.
#2 Off Host hit-boxes.
#3 Characters aiming off center-reticle.

A few days after release it was discovered that level 4 consumables are considered as an ultra rare item. Those people are likely getting level iv consumables and not realizing they are an ultra rare item.

Bombless

So if I have a normal (finished) play through and a current (insanity) play through which does it pick, the most recently opened? This is just fucking great *slaps forehead*

It probably uses the current level, so Insanity. I think. Who the fuck knows at this point? Lol

Top Bottom