• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

Xevren

It's just going to be like ME3 again, so many weapons were crap for awhile then the buffs (and nerfs) will come. Right now really only feels a few weapons are good, and if you don't have them then a melee build is the way to go. I miss my claymore man. Hell shotguns as a whole feel really whack as is.

Maligna

Banned
Am I to understand the juggernaut shield will be leaving the store at some point? And if that's the case what is the best way for me to quickly get the funds to buy it?

LogicStep

Am I to understand the juggernaut shield will be leaving the store at some point? And if that's the case what is the best way for me to quickly get the funds to buy it?
That's what I want to know. I'm considering getting $5 in currency just so I can get it before it's gone.

nowarning

Is it down for anyone else at the moment? Can't seem to connect to the server on PC.

Did a few gold runs last night, nice credits and was with a decent team so it wasn't too hard. Probably going to stick to silver for now until I unlock some more weapons though.

Thokin works pretty well with human soldier, the clip bonus for adrenaline rush or w/e it's called works well with it and the increased fire rate just melts stuff. The ammo boost consumable is really handy but it's still do-able if you don't mind running between ammo boxes.

mcz117chief

Is it down for anyone else at the moment? Can't seem to connect to the server on PC.

Down on PS4 right now for me too in Eastern Europe.

Patch time? I certainly hope so.

Do you guys have trouble with input lag in multiplayer on PS4? It isn't terrible but it is noticeable.

That's what I want to know. I'm considering getting $5 in currency just so I can get it before it's gone.

I'm sure it will cycle back in, seems like a weekly thing. To get it now, Just recruit a second strike team, download the app, and send them on any missions they have a reasonable chance of finishing, it's not too hard to build up the mission funds that way.

EA's servers must be borked right now. I can't even connect to the APEX HQ phone app. Good thing I got a couple games in before they went down.

I'm sure it will cycle back in, seems like a weekly thing. To get it now, Just recruit a second strike team, download the app, and send them on any missions they have a reasonable chance of finishing, it's not too hard to build up the mission funds that way.

This is what I did to start accumulating mission points. In a little under a week, I was able to save up enough for the Juggernaut Shield.

masterkajo

Did a few gold runs last night, nice credits and was with a decent team so it wasn't too hard. Probably going to stick to silver for now until I unlock some more weapons though.

Thokin works pretty well with human soldier, the clip bonus for adrenaline rush or w/e it's called works well with it and the increased fire rate just melts stuff. The ammo boost consumable is really handy but it's still do-able if you don't mind running between ammo boxes.

Can't connect either. Mainland Europe. :( Was being a good boyfriend and went hiking with my girl so I can play in the evening. But the Mass Effect gods are not kind.

Then we can disagree. Like I said, I've finished the Silver tier. Don't confuse frustrating game experience with not actually being good at it.

Weapons - I have most of them. When I'm not using the Talon + Sidewinder, it's the Piranha. Weapons aren't the problem here--I can kill a lot of shit quickly. But the problem is most groups only have a few of those weapons.

And the power combos being weaker are a problem and there's a difference in 3; the detonator combos flat out don't cause enough damage or affect enough enemies. The point is not being able to do Gold on one map vs one faction forever; I loved fighting everything as multiple characters in ME3. I can't see this providing that same feeling yet, and that's my problem.

This is 5 days in, your expectations of what most groups should have seems out of line IMO. There has only been 2 pieces of equipment released in the item store. It's like if Platinum had existed out of the gate in ME3, it would have been impossible. With a group that knows strategy for objective waves and extraction, you shouldn't be limited in characters that can fight the kett and the remnant in gold. If you are, I don't know what to say.

Mindlog

Yeah, I remember when to beat gold you pretty much had to have an Asari Adept with stasis or a Salarian with Decoy.

Some old players like Xcal are already breezing through gold.
Wouldn't mind a power combo buff though they have to be careful because of how easy they are to trigger now.

Oh and the Kett main boss enemy might be my favorite enemy from the series so far.

Bombless

I've been doing the Apex missions through the app and a couple time ingame with a team : I already own both the ammo and jug shield items and I'm back to 100 apex credits. I'll wait until I see whatever gets added in the new week for the equipment store before I decide if I should invest in my lvl 20 Apex team or buy the new stuff.

Edit : I also find the combos to be underpowered but I suspect once you add up the powers related equipment you will likely be in a much better spot.

DesertFox

EA's servers must be borked right now. I can't even connect to the APEX HQ phone app. Good thing I got a couple games in before they went down.

This is what I did to start accumulating mission points. In a little under a week, I was able to save up enough for the Juggernaut Shield.
Wait, you can actually buy useful things for multiplayer with those points? Shit, I just bought a 3rd strike team because I thought they were useless.

Bombless

Wait, you can actually buy useful things for multiplayer with those points? Shit, I just bought a 3rd strike team because I thought they were useless.

Currently there's a +75% spare ammo and +75% melee damage & 10% shield for sale in the Items tab of the store. Buy once, all characters can use them, permanent items.

Xevren

Yeah, I remember when to beat gold you pretty much had to have an Asari Adept with stasis or a Salarian with Decoy.

Some old players like Xcal are already breezing through gold.
Wouldn't mind a power combo buff though they have to be careful because of how easy they are to trigger now.

Oh and the Kett main boss enemy might be my favorite enemy from the series so far.

Are you playing on ps4? Played with a Mindlog earlier today! Think vanguard?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's only like 6 of those equipment items (for now), so even if they rotate, I assume they'll come back rather quickly if they are doing 2 per period.

Kneecap

And the power combos being weaker are a problem and there's a difference in 3; the detonator combos flat out don't cause enough damage or affect enough enemies.

No kidding. This game is not balanced. It's a sloppy, buggy, incomplete and greedy mess. For example, biotic combos don't even kill unshielded, unarmored mooks on silver. ON SILVER. Yes, I'm still having fun, but I used to have fun watching Gilligan's Island. That doesn't mean that it or the MEA multiplayer are good.

Bombless

I think the Jugg shield expires next week, it had 12 days left a few days ago. The ammo box should be going away in a few days.

Steel

Banned
Silver hasn't been too bad to me so far, just have to live with the fact that you have to move positions when things get hot. Playing against the chosen makes it a bit harder, but, eh.

Random side note, why the hell did they get rid of the actual cobra missile launcher and instead make a rocket shoot out of an omni tool? And why did they make it so the cobra is no longer a one shot kill? And why the hell doesn't it work on ascendants ever?

Bombless

Silver hasn't been too bad to me so far, just have to live with the fact that you have to move positions when things get hot. Playing against the chosen makes it a bit harder, but, eh.

Random side note, why the hell did they get rid of the actual cobra missile launcher and instead make a rocket shoot out of an omni tool? And why did they make it so the cobra is no longer a one shot kill? And why the hell doesn't it work on ascendants ever?

The RPG is really crap tbh. It's still good for a quick danger close kind of situation but no longer a room cleaner. The lack of damage was very surprising though. You really need to aim it dead center to the baddie you want killed because the splash damage is really minimal.

For the Ascendant, it makes sense. The shield makes it immune so it shouldn't kill it (and using the RPG after blowing up the orb is kinda useless imo). That being said Ascendants are relatively easy to kill imo, you just need a few seconds of concentrated fire without any distractions.

Also bonus info about the Asshole-dant : you can interrupt his grab kill if you shoot the orb (which goes in his back during the animation).

Speaking of bosses, I laughed when a Hydra with the front targeter blown off went crazy and just sprayed missiles all over hah.

Maligna

Banned
How come I can always join a quick match fine, but when I try to host a match I get no one joining? For some reason when I do APEX missions from single player and I join a match I get no rewards. So I wanted to be the host to see if that made a difference.

Rizzo

How come I can always join a quick match fine, but when I try to host a match I get no one joining? For some reason when I do APEX missions from single player and I join a match I get no rewards. So I wanted to be the host to see if that made a difference.

This was happening to me too until I noticed the mission/objective was listed as Custom when I was joining.

Keep leaving until it puts you in a game with the real mission objective.

Bombless

This was happening to me too until I noticed the mission/objective was listed as Custom when I was joining.

Keep leaving until it puts you in a game with the real mission objective.

Also make sure you check the mission details once you join the party, there's always special rules going on and they're pretty severe sometimes.

LogicStep

I didn't notice the whole strike team section until today :( well at least I'll have enough points for the juggernaut in a couple of hours.

Jamaro85

Has anyone had any issues with the mp crashing? Been happening a lot more frequently lately.

Crashed in round 7 once. Grief that was annoying. Luckily the next game I joined was in the middle of round six so it made up for it. Happened another time in round 3... so yeah, not cool.

Currently there's a +75% spare ammo and +75% melee damage & 10% shield for sale in the Items tab of the store. Buy once, all characters can use them, permanent items.

Wow alright, now it makes sense why melee builds are so viable. That's crazy.

LogicStep

So the way to do the loot boxes is getting basic packs until you unlock everything they give and then move on to advanced boxes?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So the way to do the loot boxes is getting basic packs until you unlock everything they give and then move on to advanced boxes?

I guess it depends. I don't regret doing it that way because Infiltrator X or Vanguard X basically enable you to farm Gold comfortably. Vanguard X needs the Shotgun or Pistol melee mod to be even more OP, while Infiltrator can probably benefit from the sniper light weight mod, so it's a good way to just get started.

But if you have people who are going to carry you through gold, maybe starting with advanced packs will let you skip the early grind entirely, particularly if you get things like the Salarian Infiltrator or the Angaran stealth guy.

LogicStep

I guess it depends. I don't regret doing it that way because Infiltrator X or Vanguard X basically enable you to farm Gold comfortably. Vanguard X needs the Shotgun or Pistol melee mod to be even more OP, while Infiltrator can probably benefit from the sniper light weight mod, so it's a good way to just get started.

But if you have people who are going to carry you through gold, maybe starting with advanced packs will let you skip the early grind entirely, particularly if you get things like the Salarian Infiltrator or the Angaran stealth guy.

OK. I'll do it that way I suppose. My Infiltrator is pretty good and my vanguard needs that stuff.

As a vanguard, how do you deal with flying enemies? Can't really melee them..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
OK. I'll do it that way I suppose. My Infiltrator is pretty good and my vanguard needs that stuff.

As a vanguard, how do you deal with flying enemies? Can't really melee them..
Yeah, the Observers basically block Melee cheese entirely. You have to hope your team can take them out.

Or just farm Outlaw forever until they make them stronger because people are grinding it too much. lol

patchday

Is the progression like ME3 Multiplayer whereas you have to grind those random chests to level up your gun? I've steered clear of Dragon's age multiplayer mode due to this.

The grind was so real in me3 mp but it was a lot of fun.

I wont be playing it though if it has those horrible random loot chests again though

Top Bottom