• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure but that would only be during coop itself.
Oh of course. Obviously the main campaign would be exactly the same, I thought your response to Johnny was about how the co-op would make the gameplay/story or what have you, different. Other than the weapon wheel, it's still nothing.
Every time this thread gets bumped, I hope they'll show extended gameplay at this E3. Or discount the damn DLC once in a while on PC :(
You can bet your ass it would get its own designated thread in the main section once that is public ;)

diaspora

Oh of course. Obviously the main campaign would be exactly the same, I thought your response to Johnny was about how the co-op would make the gameplay/story or what have you, different. Other than the weapon wheel, it's still nothing.
You can bet your ass it would get its own designated thread in the main section once that is public ;)
Fair enough.

diaspora

It was only recently I noticed the Reapers in the memories. I don't why it took me so long.

E0cwqDM.gif

W5yEGUq.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I already noticed that back in the day, and it's not too surprising considering her little sidequest in ME3 is linked to the greybox and the Reapers.

(Paragon) Shepard should've let the Thorian live and made ExoGeni pay to move the Feros colony to another planet.

The Thorian was there first and not even malicious until it was attacked. Just seems like a Rachni Queen-type of situation and look how that paid off later on.

(Paragon) Shepard should've let the Thorian live and made ExoGeni pay to move the Feros colony to another planet.

The Thorian was there first and not even malicious until it was attacked. Just seems like a Rachni Queen-type of situation and look how that paid off later on.
didn't it fuck up madd humans and turn them into creepers or some shit? that's a big no no if you ask me. fuck the thorian

didn't it fuck up madd humans and turn them into creepers or some shit? that's a big no no if you ask me. fuck the thorian
I mean yeah but ExoGeni knew about the Thorian and established the colony there to study it.

This was an intelligent ancient unique life form that survived multiple Reaper cullings and minded its own business until humans started stomping around on its planet.

Patryn

It didn't turn them into Creepers. It simply infected them with its spores and then controlled them via pain conditioning.

The Creepers were distinct creatures created by the Thorian. Basically walking plants.

I can understand the confusion given the nature of Husks, which looked very similar (likely the same model with different texture maps).

I mean yeah but ExoGeni knew about the Thorian and established the colony there to study it.

This was an intelligent ancient unique life form that survived multiple Reaper cullings and minded its own business until humans started stomping around on its planet.
well humans weren't there to fuck shit up were they?
It didn't turn them into Creepers. It simply infected them with its spores and then controlled them via pain conditioning.

The Creepers were distinct creatures created by the Thorian. Basically walking plants.

I can understand the confusion given the nature of Husks, which looked very similar (likely the same model with different texture maps).
I don't get it, first you're saying it infected humans and controlled them (but they were still humans? their appearance didn't change?)

and creepers were just zombie-looking creatures that the thorian spurred out?

You're right, the humans there were peaceful, BUT the vast majority of them were happy, even if it was blissful ignorance from Thorian mind control. The Thorian was a peaceful creature until the Geth attacked.

anyway, #TeamThorian. Stand and be counted. Paragon Shep is better than that.

You're right, the humans there were peaceful, BUT the vast majority of them were happy, even if it was blissful ignorance from Thorian mind control. The Thorian was a peaceful creature until the Geth attacked.

na man fuck that thorian. term cerberus...humans rule!!!!!!!!

Patryn

I don't get it, first you're saying it infected humans and controlled them (but they were still humans? their appearance didn't change?)

and creepers were just zombie-looking creatures that the thorian spurred out?

Exactly. The Thorian doesn't transform people, it simply infects them, allowing for a measure of telepathic control that is enforced by causing pain when a person doesn't do what the Thorian wants them to.

Hence why the colonists on Feros still looked like themselves and all that. If you go back and play the Feros section of ME1 again, it's all clearly explained.

The Thorian regarded pretty much anything but itself as unthinking tools. It didn't want to live peacefully with us. It basically considered itself above everything else.

Although it did appear that it had no desire to leave behind Feros and expand outwards. Probably why the Reapers left it alone.

Exactly. The Thorian doesn't transform people, it simply infects them, allowing for a measure of telepathic control that is enforced by causing pain when a person doesn't do what the Thorian wants them to.

Hence why the colonists on Feros still looked like themselves and all that. If you go back and play the Feros section of ME1 again, it's all clearly explained.
that's fucked up if you ask me.

The Thorian regarded pretty much anything but itself as unthinking tools. It didn't want to live peacefully with us. It basically considered itself above everything else.

Although it did appear that it had no desire to leave behind Feros and expand outwards. Probably why the Reapers left it alone.
yeah so fuck him.

diaspora

MsBGZOy.gif

Andromeda is coming to PC on day one. Is that a first for a Mass Effect game?

edit: no not at all. 2 and 3 had PC versions at launch. carry on :)

Okay just so this isn't a wasted post...did anyone choose Morinth over Samara on their first playthrough?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Okay just so this isn't a wasted post...did anyone choose Morinth over Samara on their first playthrough?

Yes and No. I chose Morinth at first just to get her bonus squad power, Dominate. Then I reloaded and chose Samara.

Dominate is a much better bonus power than Reave, BUT Samara is a much better squadmate. And you know, not evil.

Yes, the bonus power obtained from a loyalty mission will remain as selectable in the system even if you reload a save in which you do an outcome in which the bonus power would not have been obtained.

Yes and No. I chose Morinth at first just to get her bonus squad power, Dominate. Then I reloaded and chose Samara.

Dominate is a much better bonus power than Reave, BUT Samara is a much better squadmate. And you know, not evil.

Yes, the bonus power obtained from a loyalty mission will remain as selectable in the system even if you reload a save in which you do an outcome in which the bonus power would not have been obtained.
Wow I didn't know that...are there any other elements in the game that persist through reloading a save file?

Patryn

Wow I didn't know that...are there any other elements in the game that persist through reloading a save file?

In ME1, the same thing is true for the bonus powers.

Once you unlock the achievement for the power, it becomes available.

Ditto all the rest of the achievement bonuses.

Bisnic

Hard to choose her on your first playthrough when all you knew of her at that point is "She's evil, she was about to kill me and I don't know more than that about her, so why choose her?".

And it's even harder to choose her after ME3 released because you know you get nothing good in that game for choosing her other than one or two emails and a Banshee named Morinth. So... not awesome.

Patryn

Hard to choose her on your first playthrough when all you knew of her at that point is "She's evil, she was about to kill me and I don't know more than that about her, so why choose her?".

And it's even harder to choose her after ME3 released because you know you get nothing good in that game for choosing her other than one or two emails and a Banshee named Morinth. So... not awesome.

Hard to choose her when all the game's sound suddenly cuts out just as Samara busts in the room and you don't have subtitles on, and suddenly you get a choice to either kill Morinth or kill Samara and you're like WTF???

Hate that bug so much.

Garlador

Hard to choose her when all the game's sound suddenly cuts out just as Samara busts in the room and you don't have subtitles on, and suddenly you get a choice to either kill Morinth or kill Samara and you're like WTF???

Hate that bug so much.

Did they ever fix that? (one of many reasons I still ask for a remaster... the amount of bug-fixes and glitched content they could still do is staggering...)

diaspora

Hate that bug so much.
I have literally never seen that happen in any play through ever. What an odd bug.

Patryn

Did they ever fix that? (one of many reasons I still ask for a remaster... the amount of bug-fixes and glitched content they could still do is staggering...)

Not on my 360 version. Still get that bug every time I play it.

I have literally never seen that happen in any play through ever. What an odd bug.

Apparently only happens on some 360s. The sounds comes back right after that choice, just before the choice gets killed.

It didn't happen to me on the (Origin) PC version when I played it a couple nights ago.

I've still run into plenty of bugs, though. Some are annoying, and some are game-breaking.

Bisnic

The only annoying bugs i've seen on the PC versions is getting stuck in midair(mostly ME2) or in the Normandy's cockpit(ME3 only). I always use quick saves before going in there lol.

Nothing game breaking though.

diaspora

The worst things I've encountered on the PC versions are instances of texture fuckery or crashes but only if I'm doing heavy duty modding- never in the base vanilla game. Even then, it's reasonably simple to fix texture issues or gedosato/ReShade related crashing.

I had a few random crashes in ME1 with MEUITM and the controller mod. No biggies.

In ME2 with just the controller mod, I had a game-breaking crash at the end of the Kasumi loyalty mission, which apparently can also happen after Zaeed and LotSB. I also get stuck on top of objects and need to reload. There are some super low-res textures sometimes on clothing and weapons, too.

Haven't gotten to ME3 yet.

diaspora

Using ALOT, Garrus' armor texture didn't install right he so was glowing bright white until I manually loaded the texture. Otherwise everything is fine. Incidentally, ReShade doesn't have depth buffer access for DoF or HBAO- you can use GEDOSATO for it to be able to get it, but honestly neither of them look particularly good in ME2- or rather DOF looks good but isn't practical in game.

Karl2177

I'm guessing running the game in compatibility mode doesn't change anything? Though I dunno why a type of x86-64 CPU would do that.

No. The only fix is going to the console and turning baked lighting off. It makes everything look like N64 era with more polys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom