• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaspora

I'd definitely be supportive of separating cosmetic and actual armor, but I wouldn't want them to skimp on the cosmetic options.

I really like having more than 2 options for how our squadmates look.
Sure, I mean Inquisition party members already have a wide variety of looks without being same-y.

Garlador

you can also buy an alternate armor skin DLC. I have no regrets as all the DLC skins look awesome.

mass_effect_2_alternate_appearence_packs_dlc.jpg

Once again, I hate that there's no "complete package" that includes these skins.

If only because putting Miranda and Jack (kinda) in something that actually looks practical and doesn't break immersion shouldn't cost an extra couple of dollars...

I think Jaimie Alexander would make an excellent Femshep.

...at least, this is what mine looks like.

I've seen some guy around who has robin/maria hill photoshopped as femshep. i think she'd work pretty well too.

although if we could go with absolutely anyone, i'd say aishwarya rai or rani mukherjee, honestly. priyanka chopra has a similar catalog and she's proven that she could be an action hero too.

My (PC Origin version) game keeps crashing after the completion of the Kasumi DLC.

If I reload an old save and skip Kasumi's loyalty, will she definitely die at the end? Could I then use Gibbed editor on my ME2 save before I import it to ME3 and mark Kasumi as alive?

edit: or actually could I use Gibbed to mark her as loyal before the end of ME2?

prag16

Banned
My (PC Origin version) game keeps crashing after the completion of the Kasumi DLC.

If I reload an old save and skip Kasumi's loyalty, will she definitely die at the end? Could I then use Gibbed editor on my ME2 save before I import it to ME3 and mark Kasumi as alive?

edit: or actually could I use Gibbed to mark her as loyal before the end of ME2?
She'll survive if you leave her to "hold the line" if you also leave the strongest studs to hold the line (and they're loyal) e.g. Grunt, Zaeed, and Garrus iirc.

You can "protect" weak and/or disloyal members in this way pretty easily.

She'll survive if you leave her to "hold the line" if you also leave the strongest studs to hold the line (and they're loyal) e.g. Grunt, Zaeed, and Garrus iirc.

You can "protect" weak and/or disloyal members in this way pretty easily.

Okay cool, thanks. So what exactly am I missing out on by not completing the quest? New costume, and that weapon you acquire during the mission? Is that it? Any ME3 repercussions?

Patryn

Okay cool, thanks. So what exactly am I missing out on by not completing the quest? New costume, and that weapon you acquire during the mission? Is that it? Any ME3 repercussions?
She complains you didn't help her and refuses to help, so you lose her as a war asset. Possibly also dies in the explosion.

I think you can mark her as loyal using gibbed, yes. Not sure how, though.

diaspora

Have you tried verifying/repairing the game?

Thanks everyone! I finally got it working.
Have you tried verifying/repairing the game?
I tried clearing Windows temp files, repairing the Kasumi DLC thru Origin, installing it from the file on Bioware's site, using the command line argument -nomoviestartup (which resolves it for most people), but finally at the end of the night last night, I found a reddit post that detailed how to rename the .exe files and then use -nomoviestartup, which resolved my issue.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Aah, the joys of debugging a PC game.

Thank god the only headaches I ever had with Mass Effect was how to make the hair in Mass Effect 1 look less plastic(it was a bug that made hair even MORE plastic than the default ones). That and downloading the DLCs for ME1 & ME2.

Aah, the joys of debugging a PC game.

Thank god the only headaches I ever had with Mass Effect was how to make the hair in Mass Effect 1 look less plastic(it was a bug that made hair even MORE plastic than the default ones). That and downloading the DLCs for ME1 & ME2.

I had another game-breaking issue a few days ago where my controller wasn't recognized at all. Switched my Steam client to beta and it was resolved.

Not only am I at the mercy of the game itself, but I'm playing it through Origin AND Steam, streaming to Steam Link and using the controller and texture mods...so many moving parts makes it a challenge to troubleshoot when something goes wrong.

Garlador

There's a reason I stick to the 360 for my Mass Effect fix.

This is why I try not to roll my eyes when I ask for a Remaster on modern systems and I'm told "just get the PC version and mod it", which not only is super expensive (more than a remaster, I just want the WHOLE trilogy for an affordable price and the DLC rarely goes on sale and rarely gets a significant discount), but my computer isn't a powerful gaming rig, my computer savvy skills are lacking, and it's a lot of effort tracking down the best/right mods for the best results and hoping one mod doesn't break something else as has happened to me before.

Granted, it's still probably the best solution for a "remastered" trilogy at the moment... but that's still not saying much.

This is why I try not to roll my eyes when I ask for a Remaster on modern systems and I'm told "just get the PC version and mod it", which not only is super expensive (more than a remaster, I just want the WHOLE trilogy for an affordable price and the DLC rarely goes on sale and rarely gets a significant discount), but my computer isn't a powerful gaming rig, my computer savvy skills are lacking, and it's a lot of effort tracking down the best/right mods for the best results and hoping one mod doesn't break something else as has happened to me before.

Granted, it's still probably the best solution for a "remastered" trilogy at the moment... but that's still not saying much.
Agreed. The ideal solution would be a $60 PS4/X1 remaster at 1080p 60fps with all the DLC included. Icing on the cake would be unifying the HUD and bypassing imports between games, for a completely seamless experience.

SliChillax

Jesus christ getting Bring Down the Sky on Steam is such a pain in the ass. Why don't they simply make the dlc accessible for everyone without needing an activation code or having to contact EA.

Bisnic

Jesus christ getting Bring Down the Sky on Steam is such a pain in the ass. Why don't they simply make the dlc accessible for everyone without needing an activation code or having to contact EA.

Only "decent" answer I can give you is that it's a 8(?) years old DLC, thus not worth putting any effort into this.

Damn, 8 years...and half of those 8 years is us simply waiting on the next game. :(

SliChillax

Only "decent" answer I can give you is that it's a 8(?) years old DLC, thus not worth putting any effort into this.

Damn, 8 years...and half of those 8 years is us simply waiting on the next game. :(

I know but I really wanted to play it. Can't even load my maxed out character for a new playthrough because the dlc is missing. I contacted support twice, they couldn't help me activate it.

Bisnic

I know but I really wanted to play it. Can't even load my maxed out character for a new playthrough because the dlc is missing. I contacted support twice, they couldn't help me activate it.

I just remembered being able to download a version a couple months ago that didn't require a code, since I was also having issues reinstalling it.

Try downloading http://lvlt.bioware.cdn.ea.com/bioware/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect/dlc/MassEffect_BDtS_EFIGS.exe
Not sure if that's where I downloaded it, but the file is still in my Downloads folder with that exact name.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3120491.html

If money isn't an issue, you could always buy Mass Effect on Origin for $15. Both DLCs are included. You could copy your Steam save file to the Origin install folder and then add the Origin game to Steam as a non-Steam app.

SliChillax

I just remembered being able to download a version a couple months ago that didn't require a code, since I was also having issues reinstalling it.

Try downloading http://lvlt.bioware.cdn.ea.com/bioware/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect/dlc/MassEffect_BDtS_EFIGS.exe

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3120491.html

Thanks, I'm gonna give this a try. Btw, does the Steam version come with the latest patch or do I have to manually download it?

If money isn't an issue, you could always buy Mass Effect on Origin for $15. Both DLCs are included. You could copy your Steam save file to the Origin install folder and then add the Origin game to Steam as a non-Steam app.

I already have the game on Origin. I activated my steam key on EA's website and had my free copy on Origin but it doesn't show any dlc's when I view the game details.

Bisnic

Thanks, I'm gonna give this a try. Btw, does the Steam version come with the latest patch or do I have to manually download it?

To be frank, I'm not even sure if this game was ever patched since I bought it around 2011(mind you, that was 3 years after launch, so maybe it got patched during that time). Now i just download the game from Steam and launch it as soon as it's done. Never had an issue with the game. There is sometimes some low res bugs(hair or Garrus face), but you have to tweak some config files a little, no patch for that.

Bisnic

You link for the dlc worked perfectly, don't know why I wasted half an hour with EA support. Thanks a lot.

No problem!

Worst part is that this link is coming directly from EA's server. lol

Guess their support do not have much documentation about some 8 years old DLC lol. Can't blame them I guess, I know what it's like to be in a multinational company with a lack of documentation for everything.

diaspora

My god. I have ME3 running with 4k textures and it looks unbelievable. This makes the whole trilogy now that I've got in 1080p 60fps with 4k textures.

diaspora

I'm running through ME2 right now. No texture mods installed, but I did force AA. I think I'll install ALOT for my new game pluses.

Here's a couple gems from ME1 with MEUITM installed. I never messed with AA, though. Can't find a good NVIDIA Inspector settings guide for ME1.

You could try downsampling instead of forcing AA.

goishen

I'd definitely be supportive of separating cosmetic and actual armor, but I wouldn't want them to skimp on the cosmetic options.

I really like having more than 2 options for how our squadmates look.

Yah, kind'a like ME1, but with more options. I like it and I've proposed it more than once. I don't wanna derail the thread, as I haven't played it, but I thought The Division had a very limited number of options as far as the armor that you could wear.

Patryn

I can't believe there are still people that argue against the option for a full text dialogue option.
I see no need for it. Mass Effect has never had it, and I'm not sure it would fit. It already uses positioning to indicate tone.

If it's an option you can turn on or off, whatever. But I don't see them ever offering it, because they'd have to massively redesign the UI to make the text fit.

Where this comment came from is beyond me, though.

diaspora

I see no need for it. Mass Effect has never had it, and I'm not sure it would fit. It already uses positioning to indicate tone.

If it's an option you can turn on or off, whatever. But I don't see them ever offering it, because they'd have to massively redesign the UI to make the text fit.

I know it was a debate among Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 players.

Sou Da

Just put the damn line above the wheel upon hover, Deus Ex HR exists.

It's a been a problem since '06.

diaspora

It's a design choice, not a "problem". I have no issue with it and probably actually prefer it.

An option wouldn't be bad.

Incidentally, the SSGI reshade AO solution seems to be the best one (depth buffer access yay) but still has minor issues leading me to keeping it off. Marty's octagonal bokeh DOF solution looks really good though.

No because no? Coop by having humans take control of existing AI-controlled squad mates would have changed nothing. I think it's obvious they won't do it but let's not pretend it would affect anything.
you know now that I thought about it, there is one thing that would change if they put this in the game.

the weapon wheel would no longer pause the game; it would be in real-time like in tlou and Me3 mp. but everything else would still be the same.

diaspora

you know now that I thought about it, there is one thing that would change if they put this in the game.

the weapon wheel would no longer pause the game; it would be in real-time like in tlou and Me3 mp. but everything else would still be the same.
Sure but that would only be during coop itself.

Red Hood

Banned
Every time this thread gets bumped, I hope they'll show extended gameplay at this E3. Or discount the damn DLC once in a while on PC :(

Patryn

Every time this thread gets bumped, I hope they'll show extended gameplay at this E3. Or discount the damn DLC once in a while on PC :(

The extended gameplay at E3 is almost a given, I'd think.

I'd be more surprised if we don't get some serious gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom