• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

yes, because this is mass effect.

for previous gaming franchises that I was new to I did watch some stuff to get into it, but since Me2's always gonna have a special place in my
fuckin cold and black
heart, i'm getting the next ME game no matter how much I hated Me3.

especially on Gaf I feel like the reaction to the released content has been kinda mixed, I might as well just not pay attention to it and play the game when it comes out.

This advice applies to basically every game, not just Mass Effect.

prag16

Banned
When's the last time EA's even done an actual CGI trailer for a game? Everything's in-engine now. Shinobi said it'll be comprised of in-engine cutscenes (so not exactly the same as gameplay, but definitely not CGI either).

Ralemont

not me
I've always disliked BW's CG trailers, anyway. Characters don't like look their in-game models and none of the stuff that happens is ever in the game.

I've always disliked BW's CG trailers, anyway. Characters don't like look their in-game models and none of the stuff that happens is ever in the game.
as far as humans go, miranda and TIM looked fairly close to what they do in the game. but regardless of that...i just don't like cgi trailers. if they're not representative of the game in a time where the actual visuals can express and promote themselves, don't show me something that's not representative of what are supposed to be the expectations

In the game maybe but all those SWTOR blur trailers were true game lore events.

It's a shame all Old Republic stuff is now considered non-canon, a lot of Bioware's work down the gutter.

Maledict

how does something become non-canon if it originally was meant to be part of the story

When Disney bought Star Wars they made everything in the EU which was canon no longer canon. They wanted the space and freedom to tell their own stories, and effectively rebooted Star Wars back to the movies (and a couple of supplemental issues since the ).

Patryn

how does something become non-canon if it originally was meant to be part of the story

The KOTOR series and SWTOR were rendered non-canon to the larger Star Wars universe.

That simply means that movies and other official products may now totally contradict anything established by the games.

When Disney bought Star Wars they made everything in the EU which was canon no longer canon. They wanted the space and freedom to tell their own stories, and effectively rebooted Star Wars back to the movies (and a couple of supplemental issues since the ).

The KOTOR series and SWTOR were rendered non-canon to the larger Star Wars universe.

That simply means that movies and other official products may now totally contradict anything established by the games.

damn, i'm not sure if i would like something like that happening to a franchise i love. how did the hardcore fanbase react? did they care or did it just go like a "w/e" doesn't matter to me type thing?

Shinobi was right.

I'm all in.

raw

Garlador

*Looks at thread in general*

So much for being optimistic, Shinobi :/ Apparently the game now looks "plastic" too.

I think it does too, a bit. Very "mannequin"-esque.

But I really don't care too much. I'm replaying the original games now and human people are like walking wax statues in that too.

This is definitely a step up. It's not The Last of Us Part II quality faces or anything, but I can deal with it. It was the hair I was most concerned about, given Bioware's track record, and it actually looks pretty decent.

Still a bit disappointed at the lack of a Salarian teammate but all in all, the crew is looking like a fun bunch.

Really hope there's decent variety in terms of species native to Andromeda.

Xando

Cora being with Asari Commandos these past years before Andromeda already has me interested in her backstory.

Still a bit disappointed at the lack of a Salarian teammate but all in all, the crew is looking like a fun bunch.

Really hope there's a decent variety in terms of native/new species.

I thought the Pilot is Salarian?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's up with all these super short trailers? :( Can't we get a 3-4 mins one like Zelda did?

Still, what little was shown was cool. Not sure about Cora's design, but I guess it will grew on me.

I thought the Pilot is Salarian?
Yeah, I should have specified squad mates. Still though, I am liking the people we have so far.

EDIT: And I've gotta say the marketing has been weird. The videos in the Andromeda Initiative are setting the type of tone that I WANT from the game yet the marketing seems to be much more generic and clearly aimed at the "common denominator" so to speak.

The Andromeda Intiative videos though, have awesome music, narration, detail everything and give me an insight into the world.

*Looks at thread in general*

So much for being optimistic, Shinobi :/ Apparently the game now looks "plastic" too.

Still not sure about our antagonist. Everything else is looking awesome so far.

That "other" Gaf thread tho... Jesus
Saying this just from a calm and cool position, I'm actually a little stunned at some of the reactions in the other thread. I legitimately think the trailer's well made, great music, nice action, animations are a big step up, the squad looks great...

*shrug*

Bubble

Neo Member
Both Cora and Liam look interesting. I kind of expected Cora to have longer hair, but that's about it. At least we finally get a character with blond hair. Liam looks great though. Big fan of his hair. I mean, just the hair in general looks a lot better the ones in Inquisition, so big improvement in that area.

And yikes, the other thread is so.... dismissive. Mass Effect is too cheesy now? I mean, Mass Effect has always had cheesy stuff, so Andromeda having cheesy lines is nothing new. To me, it's part of the charm and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Definitely raised my hype for this game. Also really curious who the last squad-mate is. They've shown 5 out 6, so I'm assuming the last squad-mate is an Andromeda-native.

JeffG

Saying this just from a calm and cool position, I'm actually a little stunned at some of the reactions in the other thread. I legitimately think the trailer's well made, great music, nice action, animations are a big step up, the squad looks great...

*shrug*

Yep

I can see running with Cora and PeeBee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom