• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how the romances will work in this game? I remember reading about how it'll be more dynamic than in the previous games but I'm blanking on where I read it.

Also will we be restricted to squadmates or will certain crew mates also be "romanceable".

AyzOn

Neo Member
I just looked into the Trailer Thread for a second and one of the first comments complains about it not being the Female Ryder. Whats up with that?
They said they wanted to swap between both Genders for the Promotion stuff, but every time its not the Female Ryder people complain. I don´t get it.

Yeul

I just looked into the Trailer Thread for a second and one of the first comments complains about it not being the Female Ryder. Whats up with that?
They said they wanted to swap between both Genders for the Promotion stuff, but every time its not the Female Ryder people complain. I don´t get it.

People probably thought that Nvidia demo counted as one of the trailers.

Do we know how the romances will work in this game? I remember reading about how it'll be more dynamic than in the previous games but I'm blanking on where I read it.

Also will we be restricted to squadmates or will certain crew mates also be "romanceable".
There are also non-squadmates that are "romanceable".

Maledict

Weird point - I know it's not him voicing the male shepherd, but christ it sounds like Nolan North. There's one point in the trailer would I would honest to god swear it was Nathan Drake doing the voice.

Looks like we get to choose a backstory for Ryder... At least 2: one sciencey(studied at Prothean ruins), or one more engineering focused(served near the Arcturus relay).

Source

Looks like we get to choose a backstory for Ryder... At least 2: one sciencey(studied at Prothean ruins), or one more engineering focused(served near the Arcturus relay).

Source
Ohh that's nice. I wonder if it'll have any effect on the story/gameplay or whether it'll be a Mass Effect 1 background choice where it only affects a handful of dialogue.

Our patented M8-Avenger assault rifle that appears in all cutscenes (in the trilogy) is back.

eSuUrz3.png

Wow, I really liked the cinematic trailer, but the new update on the Andromeda Initiative thing was really great too.

So, 7 potential golden worlds to explore then? That's what it seems to imply at least.

And to the people who agree with "It looks like plastics" thing... Guys, this is frostbite. I don't think Bioware made the skin shader. This is more than likely some variant of the skin shader used by the Battlefield 1 team, so you should at least wait until you have the game in your hands to judge. Maybe it's youtube compression that's fooling you, but to me this looks perfectly alright, and definitely not what I'd call "plastic". If anything, it looks a little soft to me.

I'm guessing that those lines will sound better in context. That being said though, like I said in the other thread, I hope we won't have another impromptu singing scene! I heard some people liked that, but that definitely made cringe a little.

Lt-47

At one point I just started carrying the Avenger simply because that "bug" annoyed me so much.

What bug ? I feel like I missed something there...

I'm guessing that those lines will sound better in context.

I'm sure they do. Trailer one liner are often very chessy regardless of how well written the full thing is. That being said I hope the Archon isn't as cliché as he sounds

AyzOn

Neo Member
You never noticed that in a vast majority of cutscenes across the entire series your Shepard would have an Avenger regardless of what weapon they actually had equipped?

Also everyone who held that rifle, held it in a way that it looked like it was weightless. (Sprinting while having it in one hand and moving the arms up and down as if you got nothing in your hand.)

SliChillax

Shinobi was right, this trailer was great. I finally rewatched on my monitor and it looks great. Yeah human faces could use better shading but the rest looks amazing. Those space segments look like Hollywood movie material it's amazing. This will definitely fill my sci fi needs. I love how the new Alien companion looks, can't wait to learn more about their race.

Finally got a chance to watch the trailer, was great! As expected, the GAF response is so salty as to be borderline irrational. People talking about cheesy dialogue and less-than-favorable male default like it's the end of the world. I do feel for the guys whose hype is just not showing up, though, losing faith in a series/dev can be tough.

Someone on reddit did some neato pixel reading on the latest briefing and found the descriptions for all of the 7 Habitat worlds:

•Habitat 3 "Rolling hills and rich jungle"

•Habitat 1 "Arid yet comfortably habitable with vast underground rivers"

•Habitat 7 "Lush tropical paradise"

•Habitat 5 "(Moon) Suitable for dextro-protein life"

•Habitat 6 "Life sustaining temperate garden world"

•Habitat 4 "Life sustaining garden world, with plenty of liquid water"

•Habitat 2 "(Moon) Incredible mineral and resource wealth."

Someone on reddit did some neato pixel reading on the latest briefing and found the descriptions for all of the 7 Habitat worlds:

Interesting that Humanity apparently picked the tropical paradise, lol. The fact that there's 7 worlds is interesting too, since aren't there only 4 Arks? Guess they were planning on spreading out and intermingling.

It's definitely my favourite of the trailers they've released so far. I wasn't a big fan of the first cinematic trailer but I liked the better look at your squad mates in this one. Not entirely convinced by the villain but it's too early to say yet.

Turians got a raw deal here.

Maybe, maybe not. Assuming all of the habitats weren't obliterated like 7 was they might have the best pick of the bunch. Also being a moon isn't necessarily a limiting factor, there are plenty of moons in the Mass Effect universe that have normal, beautiful plant and creature life.

I don't care if they do but if the Quarians somehow magically tag along I can envision some scenario where Turians and Quarians share the same home-world out of necessity.

What's weird is that unless I misheard the trailer, it might not be "the" archon. Scott calls him that, but the introductory line is just "I am Archon."

prag16

Banned
Goddamn the topic over on the general board is a raging dumpster fire.

Some serious elitism, concern trolling, and nostalgia goggles. A couple of you guys are over there fighting the good fight but I don't have the energy.

This game can't come soon enough. Doing a ME2 run lately but got sidetracked. Need to get back to it.
So what else do you guys think you'd want to see before launch?

Maybe another conversation and dialog tree (maybe from some side quest so as not to be too spoilery).

I'm ready to rock. I honestly don't feel like I need to see anything at all. I rewatched all media to this point today and in sum what they've shown is significant enough. Today's trailer was the missing piece. I'd be fine if they were done until launch truthfully. Though I'm sure the last two Andromeda Initiative videos will be cool.

Not for me personally but maybe they can get around to confirming if Quarians are in the game or not and put the question to rest so that we don't have to see "where's muh tali and Quarian friends" for the millionth time.

It still amazes me that there's such a collosal remnant of fans leftover from the BSN days. I'll never understand it.

Yeah, "The" Archon makes a lot more sense, but he literally says "I am Archon," like it's a name rather than a title, so idk. Maybe the dialogue got chopped up a bit there.

Well, I know we've just had a longer look at the story, but a few more hints about the Archon's role in a non-spoilery sense. Maybe also get a little bit of pre-Andromeda breakdown on the rest of the squad as well, a little bit of history.

Beyond that, more gameplay. Longer segment won't hurt, and of course I'm hugely looking forward to hands-on time with the multiplayer.

Goddamn the topic over on the general board is a raging dumpster fire.

Some serious elitism, concern trolling, and nostalgia goggles. A couple of you guys are over there fighting the good fight but I don't have the energy.

This game can't come soon enough. Doing a ME2 run lately but got sidetracked. Need to get back to it.

It really is so incredibly awful.

I moved about a month ago, partway through my ME3 run... need to get back to that.

Tovarisc

• Full gameplay loop with short early game mission. From ship [interactions like maybe little chat, making Hammer of Awesome and then to map] to landing to traversing world [gathering, combat...] do mission [and return to ship].
  • Short video showing off character customization
  • Little deeper dive into gathering, crafting and RP systems like dialogue, morality...

Yeul

Like others, I'd definitely like to see at least one more dialogue interaction. It doesn't have to be anything too big, I just want to see a bit more on how they are tackling tone-based dialogue. I know we have a sense of it in Inquisition, but to see it in practice in Andromeda would be nice. Since we're already getting an extensive gameplay trailer, I'm sure some of those things will be addressed. Other than that, I'd really like to see the character creator. Also, I hope I can get into that multiplayer beta, because playing it would tell me more than just seeing it in a demo, obviously.

You know, frankly, I'd want them to just not show anything else except for maybe the last two Andromeda Initiative videos. It would make it much easier on me to stay radio silent.

But knowing that that probably wont happen... Some general gist of gameplay, maybe a slightly deeper look into the big bad. But nothing too spoilery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom