• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MGS4 NYC Midnight Launch thread of HIDEO KOJIMA

Euphor!a

Banned
So was entertaining the idea of going to this since I live about an hour away, so I called and asked what time they would recommend showing up to actually have a shot at this and they told me like a day or 2 before -_-...

Now I'm dedicated, I'm just not sure if I'm THAT dedicated.

Euphor!a said:
So was entertaining the idea of going to this since I live about an hour away, so I called and asked what time they would recommend showing up to actually have a shot at this and they told me like a day or 2 before -_-...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????

Ok, fuck this I'm going to buy my bundle at my local Gamestop and then maybe go to the Uniqlo signing in SoHo the day after.

Day. Or. Two. Before.

Unbelievable.

Euphor!a said:

I wouldn't put any weight into that. The floor monkeys don't know anything, and they get so many calls a day about this that they like fucking with people. That said, I would say a 12 hour wait is the minimum.

Re-posting from the last page:

It's my understanding that you get the wristbands at the cash register when you buy the game, not before.

Euphor!a

Banned
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????

Ok, fuck this I'm going to buy my bundle at my local Gamestop and then maybe go to the Uniqlo signing in SoHo the day after.

Day. Or. Two. Before.

Unbelievable.

I think I might go to the Uniqlo signing too, at least that way I'll be able to get the LE signed since they won't have the LE at Virgin.

Ephemeris

criesofthepast said:
...I never buy strategy guides but this one looks too amazing to pass up.

this one: http://image4.play-asia.com/640/6v/pa.123937.2.jpg

Ditto. I preordered it about a week ago on amazon.com

Vyse The Legend said:
I wouldn't put any weight into that. The floor monkeys don't know anything, and they get so many calls a day about this that they like fucking with people. That said, I would say a 12 hour wait is the minimum.

Yeah, agreed.

Vyse The Legend said:
It's my understanding that you get the wristbands at the cash register when you buy the game, not before.

I was hoping that they'd handle it the way best buy handed the Halo3 launch. You'd go into the store, pre-ordered/bought the game, got your wristband, and could enter the line that was outside.

Euphor!a said:
I think I might go to the Uniqlo signing too, at least that way I'll be able to get the LE signed since they won't have the LE at Virgin.

Not a bad idea. If I go to both of those however, I'll probably not be able to get any sleep :/

Any times were given for the Uniqlo signing?

Vyse The Legend said:

Re-posting from the last page:

Thanks for the info. Twelve hours is still not doable for me unfortunately. Ugh. Uniqlo here I come!

Baryn

Banned
Euphor!a said:

Jesus... I have a job! I can show up at 7PM on June 10th, and no earlier.

dalyr95

Just met the dude in London...

02062008029.jpg

02062008032.jpg

02062008031.jpg

Otheradam

fallengorn said:
So, any info on the Uniqlo signing?

I was there yesterday but there was no info up at all. I doubt most of the employees even know this is happening or who he is so I didn't bother to ask. There should be signage up by next week. I'll probably go back on the weekend to check to see if the info isn't out by then.

Ok, I need to decide which signing to go to and what to have him sign.

I'd rather go to the Uniqlo signing since that means I can pick up my LE at Gamestop the night before, but how is the signing going to work?

Ideally I'd like to have him sign my original copies of all 4 games and possibly my MGS art books (but Shinkawa not being there makes me think it might be weird)

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Hey NYC GAF, I'm trying to decide: TS Virgin or Uniqlo? I live on the lower east side, so both are pretty accessible. I'll be dragging along my bf and I'm trying to weigh both options: one is a much bigger and potentially more exciting event, the other might be more intimate and allow you to chat with Koji and Yoji a bit more, right?

Darkpen

Banned
MollyMillions said:
Hey NYC GAF, I'm trying to decide: TS Virgin or Uniqlo? I live on the lower east side, so both are pretty accessible. I'll be dragging along my bf and I'm trying to weigh both options: one is a much bigger and potentially more exciting event, the other might be more intimate and allow you to chat with Koji and Yoji a bit more, right?
both

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I can't wait

I will also pay someone to get me a shirt at uniqlo!

Shirt cost+shipping+some bonus for you= fun times

MollyMillions

Neo Member
neojubei said:
I agree. wow. I wonder if he is married, he is too cute to be single.

He's married, with a kid. MGS2's theme of passing down your understanding to the the next generation was inspired by him becoming a father.

I don't know if I'd call him a sexgod. You'd have to have a pretty hardcore Middle-aged Japanese Nerd fetish to call him that. He's brilliant, and definitely adorable, but he's pretty far from my definition of sexy.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
MickeyKnox said:
Ideally I'd like to have him sign my original copies of all 4 games and possibly my MGS art books (but Shinkawa not being there makes me think it might be weird)
I was thinking about getting my MGS art book signed by him or Subsistance & Saga since my LE will probably be on route day of.

We just need to find out more about the Uniqlo signing, if there's any item restrictions or whatnot.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Has anyone found out if they will let people buy 2 copies and get 2 copies signed? My original offer of paying for your game still stands if this is possible.

Let me know!

EDIT:

This applies to the San Francisco signing as well!

Darkpen

Banned
MollyMillions said:
He's married, with a kid. MGS2's theme of passing down your understanding to the the next generation was inspired by him becoming a father.

I don't know if I'd call him a sexgod. You'd have to have a pretty hardcore Middle-aged Japanese Nerd fetish to call him that. He's brilliant, and definitely adorable, but he's pretty far from my definition of sexy.
people have mancrushes on the guy because they're obsessed with him and all things Kojima.

Tom_Cody

Does anyone know any concrete details for either of the NYC events? I went by Virgin this weekend and I didn't see anything posted.

I would personally prefer to go to the Uniqlo event to get my LE copy signed, but I'm expecting that will be during the day only (which would be impossible for me to attend due to work). Somehow I doubt Kojima is going to put in a 10 hour day after signing stuff at Virgin for a few hours the night before.

Either way, I would be interested in doing another GAF meet up. The NYC GAF meet up last summer was pretty fun.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Darkpen said:
people have mancrushes on the guy because they're obsessed with him and all things Kojima.

It's not obsession, it's just acceptance that he is a god amongst men.

Ephemeris

Tom_Cody said:
Does anyone know any concrete details for either of the NYC events? I went by Virgin this weekend and I didn't see anything posted.

They seemingly took down the poster/ad thing that was on the PS3 kiosk.

Tom_Cody said:
Either way, I would be interested in doing another GAF meet up. The NYC GAF meet up last summer was pretty fun.
Looking forward to it.

GQman2121

Banned
So no times have been released for the Uniqlo signing yet? I'm going to the Virgin signing for sure, but if he'll actually sign something else other than just MGS4 I'll make this a two day (person) event.

I really want my MGS case signed with a picture to boot!!!!

GQman2121

Banned
Ephemeris said:
They seemingly took down the poster/ad thing that was on the PS3 kiosk.

Good. No need to spread the word now that we all know about it. Keep that line as manageable as possible......:p

Ephemeris

GQman2121 said:
So no times have been released for the Uniqlo signing yet? I'm going to the Virgin signing for sure, but if he'll actually sign something else other than just MGS4 I'll make this a two day (person) event.

I really want my MGS case signed with a picture to boot!!!!

I'm thinking of making this a two-day event as well. Will probably get no sleep in between.

My MGS Case is cracked up >__< I'd love to get it signed though. Got it day-one when it first came out [and sadly, it shows :lol ]. Hmm. Maybe I'll try swapping with Fighter Maker. That thing's in pristine condition :lol

GQman2121 said:
Good. No need to spread the word now that we all know about it. Keep that line as manageable as possible......:p

Agreed. What time do you guys plan on getting there?

GQman2121

Banned
Ephemeris said:
I'm thinking of making this a two-day event as well. Will probably get no sleep in between.

My MGS Case is cracked up >__< I'd love to get it signed though. Got it day-one when it first came out [and sadly, it shows :lol ]. Hmm. Maybe I'll try swapping with Fighter Maker. That thing's in pristine condition :lol

Agreed. What time do you guys plan on getting there?

I check into my hotel at 3. It's on West 47 a few blocks north of Times Square. I'm going to go by right away and see what the deal is, and stand it need be. I hope not though.

My new plan of action is get the bundle at my Gamestop in Hoboken at midnight and then hit the Uniqlo signing the next day. I won't have slept and will have a thicker beard than Snake by the time I get to the signing.

Molly- I don't think Yoji is at Uniqlo or Virgin, I believe it's just Koji and his mistre....I mean female model friend. :D

MollyMillions said:
hey im on the LES too, see you there!!

Ephemeris

I really don't know what time would be good. Based off the London event, people were there really early.

About Friday or so we can turn this moreso into a meetup thread or something.

Ephemeris said:
I really don't know what time would be good. Based off the London event, people were there really early.

About Friday or so we can turn this moreso into a meetup thread or something.
How early is early?

kuYuri

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
How early is early?

24 hours or more apparently. I didn't expect that kind of reception for Kojima. Now I'm starting to plan on camping out.

Ephemeris said:

Why bring the case? Just take out the front sleeve and get that signed. The signature will likely get smudged after awhile on the case.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i just noticed the irony in virgin megastore being packed with mgs fans...

who am i kidding we get a ton of sex

Ephemeris

We're a week away now. I think I'll throw together something more organized and hopefully a mod can lock this one.

Top Bottom