• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MGS4 NYC Midnight Launch thread of HIDEO KOJIMA

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
g35twinturbo said:
nice

if someone is willing to get my copy signed, I will pay $100 as I said in the other page.

I'll prolly have details about the event soon-ish (well not me so much as me getting the info from Vyse), but I'd be surprised if they allowed more than 1 thing/the game you buy there to be signed.

Plus I doubt they allow more than 1 purchase per person.

I called Virgin yesterday and the dude on the phone said they'd have the $499 80GB bundle for sale at midnight. Can anyone confirm/deny? If this is the case, I might ask Kojima to sign my game AND my console :D

darkvir

Ok so NYC event is a go, an LA event is also stated. I'm more interested in the Tokyo event since I'll actually be there on June 12th, anyone heard of any news regarding that?

I've got Snatcher; MGS1,2,3, and Subsistence LEs; Document of MGS2, MG:Saga 1 and 2; MGS2 Trailer DVD; and the Snake Eater "LP" Single from E3. I kinda hope he'll sign the LEs and Snatcher. It shouldn't be asking too much, considering how much they cost me! If it can only be one item, what would you have him sign?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
6yzj9v.gif
Deepthroat? :D

sykoex said:
Deepthroat? :D
A name from long ago...it sound better than Grey...wait...wrong quote :D

Has anyone decided what time they're actually getting to the store? With every blog/news story I read about this, it sounds like the Pope of Chili Town is going to be there and people will be camping as early as 9am the morning of. I hope my planned 7/730 pm arrival isn't too late :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kpop100 said:
I can't guarantee, but I'll definitely try to get a 2nd copy for anyone that wants to pony up for it.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I hate living in Michigan :( How much do you want.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I hope details on purchasing are revealed soon. My old offer still stands... I really want a signed copy X_X

Septimus

CarmineMac said:
I've got Snatcher; MGS1,2,3, and Subsistence LEs; Document of MGS2, MG:Saga 1 and 2; MGS2 Trailer DVD; and the Snake Eater "LP" Single from E3. I kinda hope he'll sign the LEs and Snatcher. It shouldn't be asking too much, considering how much they cost me! If it can only be one item, what would you have him sign?
Your penis.

Tanukid

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
I hope my planned 7/730 pm arrival isn't too late :(

Same here, I could get there around 11:30 AM, but what the hell am I going to do until midnight waiting in a line in NYC. So I plan on getting their around 8:00-9:00 PM, just not sure if it would still be worth it going that late.

Any thoughts?

I've been in contact with the marketing director running the event. You can ONLY get MGS4 signed. Nothing else. And, you have to buy it there, so if you get it early from another store, you gotta buy a 2nd copy.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Vyse The Legend said:
I've been in contact with the marketing director running the event. You can ONLY get MGS4 signed. Nothing else. And, you have to buy it there, so if you get it early from another store, you gotta buy a 2nd copy.

How many copies of the game can we buy and how many will Kojima-san sign per person?

Vyse The Legend said:
Wow, awesome. Do you know for sure (I don't trust the guy on the phone) if they're selling the 80gb bundle that night? And can I have Kojima sign my console? :D

Tanukid said:
Same here, I could get there around 11:30 AM, but what the hell am I going to do until midnight waiting in a line in NYC. So I plan on getting their around 8:00-9:00 PM, just not sure if it would still be worth it going that late.

Any thoughts?
Same here. Would you have to come in the city specifically for it? If so, yeah that's a big gamble. I mean, worst case I'm gonna run by at lunch and see what the line is like, or if there even is one. Honestly, it's gonna have to be pretty bad for me NOT to wait, but I need the bundle. So worst case, I'll go home right across the river and pick up the bundle at my local Gamestop.

Ephemeris

Vyse The Legend said:

Ah I see. I have a friend or two coming with me just to be there, I may be able to get them to buy a copy for you guys.

No promises though.

neojubei said:
I'm still undecided if I should go. Sigh.

Then my friend, you have failed. :p

Kagari said:
Kalamazoo.
wow :lol

Holy shit! I'm actually going to be in NYC that day and I'm from MI too (Ann Arbor). I was going to pick it up as soon as I got home on the 18th but DAMN! Now I have to figure out how to talk my gf into standing in line with me... on vacation.

Synless

Harvey Hedonist said:
Holy shit! I'm actually going to be in NYC that day and I'm from MI too (Ann Arbor). I was going to pick it up as soon as I got home on the 18th but DAMN! Now I have to figure out how to talk my gf into standing in line with me... on vacation.
Do what I always do, just tell her that's how it's going to be.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Synless said:
Do what I always do, just tell her that's how it's going to be.
We do enough anyways. What's asking for a little help on this one gonna do? I'm with you here, pwn them!!

Harvey Hedonist said:
Give her your credit card and send her to Tiffany's etc. on 5th Avenue while you wait on line for Kojima. I see no possible way that could go wrong. :D

Vyse The Legend said:

That's pretty lame. Hopefully, that's the just company line, and Kojima would be willing to sign other stuff. Heck, Inafune signed a bunch of stuff (and even drew little sketches) when he was at Gamestop without any complaints.

I'm actually starting to think that they may have the game pre-signed. You'll just pick up the game and quickly get shuffled by Kojima...

CarmineMac said:
That's pretty lame. Hopefully, that's the just company line, and Kojima would be willing to sign other stuff. Heck, Inafune signed a bunch of stuff (and even drew little sketches) when he was at Gamestop without any complaints.

It's probably the stores policy for 2 reason. It insures that they'll get alot of sales because people will choose their store over other stores because Kojima will be there. And it keeps everything in a nice flow because Kojima isn't having to sign multiple items for people or items from someone who just showed up to get an older game of his signed and isn't actually buying MGS4.

CarmineMac said:

I'm actually starting to think that they may have the game pre-signed. You'll just pick up the game and quickly get shuffled by Kojima...

According to the person I spoke with, it's a Konami policy to have him sign ONE thing. Naturally, it's in Virgin's interest to have it be something you bought there.

Konami is being super, super strict with this whole affair. I also heard that only 200-500 will be allowed to get their stuff signed. The number is still being negotiated. Wristbands will be handed out on a first come, first serve basis.

GQman2121

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
According to the person I spoke with, it's a Konami policy to have him sign ONE thing. Naturally, it's in Virgin's interest to have it be something you bought there.

Konami is being super, super strict with this whole affair. I also heard that only 200-500 will be allowed to get their stuff signed. The number is still being negotiated. Wristbands will be handed out on a first come, first serve basis.

That's kind of a let down. :(

I booked a hotel and can't check in until 3pm. Its right up the street from Times Square, but I'll be really disappointed if I can't get a signed copy.

How many people could realistically be in line at 3ish in the afternoon?

Vyse The Legend said:

Ahhhh. Crap.

Hopefully they cut the line so people don't get stuck waiting forever and told to go home.

Or maybe they give out wristbands early and tell people to come back closer to midnight?

kuYuri

Vyse The Legend said:

Ah crap, do I have to be there as early as 12 PM or something just to get near the front of the line? :(

So much waiting. I better bring a book.

Also, can you buy more than one copy to get it signed? I'd be willing to get extras for people on GAF as well.

Nooreo

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I AM FUCKIGN THEIR MAN!!!!!

I <3 NY XDDDDDDDDDDDDD :D :D :D :D :D

I can die happy now

Nooreo

SolidSnakex said:
No need to do that.
... but its Hedio :(

im just really ecstatic right now brb soul is having an orgasm

Edit:

You can cancel your preorder from gamespot right?, and not be forced to buy it. Because i dont want to buy it twice

Ephemeris

Vyse The Legend said:

Shiiiitt. Guess I gotta get there super early

Nooreo said:
You can cancel your preorder from gamespot right?, and not be forced to buy it. Because i dont want to buy it twice

Yeah. Besides, even if they didn't let you, I'd see that as a good opportunity to practice your CQC techniques.

Phatcorns

You know, I am so excited about this that I am willing to let one of you guys stay at my place that night if you are thinking about driving up but don't know the area or don't have a place to stay. I cannot fucking wait to tell Kojima how much I love him! Send me a PM.

Top Bottom