• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Miiverse Screenshot Thread

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
mii1uaojt.png

mii22qoqn.png

• The Miiverse can be accessed on PC/smartphones here.
  • Miiverse is Nintendo's very own social networking tool, currently active primarily on the Wii U, with browsing and posting support via web applications on PC and smartphones.
  • Miiverse revolves around "communities", not unlike threads or sub-forums on an internet forum. Communities help organise content by games, applications, and franchises.
  • On Wii U, players can post text messages, hand drawn images, and in-game screenshots. On PC and smartphones, users can type messages.
  • You will require a NNID account to access Miiverse, and for the time being NNIDs can only be created on a Wii U.
  • Miiverse will be coming to Nintendo 3DS by the end of 2013.

mii3copyxmqsb.png

• Screenshotting: Taking a Miiverse screenshot is easy. Mid game, hit the HOME button on your GamePad, and whatever was on the screen at that point in time will be captured in the background. Select Miiverse, go to a community (Miiverse will automatically select the community of the game you're playing), and attempt to write a new message. You will have an option to attach an image, either from your main display or the GamePad itself. Attach the image to your post, and then post it on Miiverse!
  • Posting: Log in to Miiverse here with your NNID.
  • Browse the communities and feeds to find an image. Or, if you'd like to post your own, select User Menu -> Profile. You'll see a running feed of everything you've posted.
  • Click a Miiverse post containing your chosen image to open it.
  • Right click on the image and save it to your computer. All screenshots will default name to "screenshot", and all hand drawn images to "painting". You may wish to rename them, for your own organisation.
  • Upload the images to your image host of choice. Standard NeoGAF rules apply. I like abload, and imgur is popular.
  • Post them here!

mii3hsqch.png

• Maximum of three images per post.
  • Absolutely no spoilers. If you need to post a spoiler image, link to it instead of making it visible by casual readers.
  • If you're posting game screenshots, please include their name(s) in your post title or post.
  • Both game screenshots and hand-drawn art allowed.
  • Transparent Wii U graphics trolling = ban.

mii15bqdw.png

Here's three of my own ZombiU screenshots as an example.

z1grob1.jpg

z248oja.jpg

z3nlp01.jpg

burgerdog

If only NFS didn't freeze when you hit the home button. Hopefully the update takes care of that!

^it doesn't have miiverse support.

Wait, this is...
This is fucking awesome!

If only, Monster Hunter, if only.
This might actually make me go back and play some games that I had since put down.

Madflunky

Neo Member
Some of the hand drawn stuff on Miiverse is just plain awesome. Best I could manage so far but practise makes perfect I suppose.

painting

Baust

Some Easter Eggs I found:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Covers:
screenshot

Random Ninja Gaiden Sigma Reference(?):
screenshot

It's nice to finally share these clearly!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Cool Easter Egg from ZombiU:

screenshot

Flying around in an early mission in BO2:

screenshot

Admiring the view in NFS Most Wanted U:

zlCfzQ9HZrAmI525Dc

Great second screenshot Eat; remember people calling bull on Ubi's version. Heh.
Those ZombiU threads were frustrating.

I really want a WiiU now...maybe I will get one over the summer after all. Just annoying knowing the Miiverse is right there lol

It sucks that as a 3DS owner I have no way of accessing the Miiverse even on a PC/smartphone.

Nintendo really needs a unified ID system.

Cuburt

Little Inferno

Here I tried to stack as much paper money as I could from burning a credit card (it's more difficult to do than you'd think since they tend to catch on fire and light other bills on fire)

Here I stacked Tetrominos to make a tetris and I realized when you complete a line it actually makes it disappear. Pretty cool

Based on the preview, it looks like Japan loves Ashley. I don't know what it is about Ashley that makes her awesome...

Holy shit at that Ashley screenshot, lol.

Yes, according to an Iwata Asks, Game & Wario has art that imitates NES boxarts - completely random art style and featuring random content not included in the game. :p

Top Bottom