• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most innovative shooter in years is now on Xbox One (SuperHOT)

Frodo

Good to hear the game has more meat than what I first heard. I read a few reviews when it was first released on PC and people were complaining they were done with the game in a few hours and that put me off a bit. I might bite the bullet now.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Good lord, it's a reference to the game.

I see a ton of great indie exclusives on the PS4, but I rarely hear about the XB1 getting them. This is a nice change of pace.

Do people not realize that "most innovative shooter in years" is a reference to a moment in the game?

Brilliant. Because I expected to see some 'but but but Splatoon!!' posts. Again, brilliant.

And if this doesnt make it to PS4....another reason for me to get an XBO.

FANTASTIC game, no question.

That said, I think you get out of it what you put into it. Sure, you can take the path of least resistance in each situation you're put in but if you choose to make riskier or flashier choices the overall experience is richer for it.

SickBoy

I bought it yesterday, because the U.S. price is the same as the Canadian price (and 10% off), which makes it about $12CDN cheaper than Steam. And I was pretty excited to try it, so that was all the justification I needed.

Finished the campaign yesterday, too, and it was short but I was fine with that. More importantly it was a lot of fun and I'm sure I'll be dipping back into endless mode plenty.

Warxard

Banned
Lol at the anger that spawned because of the Splatoon comments. Specially when most of them were jokes.

It's as if people got mad when someone who hasn't played Portal didn't get the joke about a cake being a lie.

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about how does that analogy have to do with anyone ironically posting "but but my favorite game beats your favorite game!" Ad nauseum ??? It does nothing to promote the discussion of the thread title and makes you come off as a petty asshole.

It's thread shitting. You're justifying thread shitting, and that's bad.

jond76

Banned
Finished the story. Lots of fun. Will dig into challenges soon.

Edit: its the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone who played this on PC having an issue with the controls? I've read that they're poorly optimized for consoles, but I'd like the GAF take before I write this game off.

A precision shooter where it's hard to aim = No thanks.

Also heard the graphics are REALLY jaggy. Thoughts?

Anyone who played this on PC having an issue with the controls? I've read that they're poorly optimized for consoles, but I'd like the GAF take before I write this game off.

You really don't have to be that precise. This isn't a fast game. And I only played with a gamepad on PC, worked fine for me

Rembrandt

Banned

sensitivity was noticeably high to me, but isn't a problem considering the whole time only moves when you do aspect.

Vex_

Banned
You really don't have to be that precise. This isn't a fast game. And I only played with a gamepad on PC, worked fine for me

IMHO, a gamepad works better. Analog movement is more important than aiming in this game. (Positioning)

The slower you move, the slower time moves. Thus, allowing for minute adjustments as time moves.

The craziest thing about this is that after playing I now use my computer like I'm playing the game. Pausing, scanning around, then a quick swoop to click, and I keep expecting for everything to just move when I move the cursor.

It really is the most innovitve shooter I've played in years.

Finished it last night and the entire game blew my mind, especially when you get to use the X button, that was surprising and amazing.

I had played the unity demo a while ago, you can never forget SUPER HOT once you've tried it and kinda forgot about it til last year.

I didn't even know they had put a narrative in the game, which took my by total surprise. I managed to stay away from reviews and spoilers waiting for the XB1 version and I'm really glad I did.

Anyone concerned about value really shouldn't be, I've put around 7 hours into it (finished story and found all secrets) I still have most of the unlocked modes to complete and all levels to unlock in endless mode.

Top Bottom