• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most scared you've ever been in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScOULaris

Grisby said:
I've had some stomach and back pains for a few months with increasing and decreasing symptoms. The doctors have narrowed it down to my colon or intestines and I'm going to be getting some respective tests for both.

My primary doctor keeps telling me it can be a number of things, but only one thing is going through my head. Cancer.

To make matters worse I watched my best friend die about a year and a half ago from a rare form of leukemia. He was 25. I'm 26 and I don't want to go out like that.

So with all of these tests I'm pretty god damn scared.
I hope it all turns out to be something benign and non-life-threatening. Having seen what cancer can do, I completely understand your fears. Good luck, man.

Satyamdas

Banned
Risible said:
I'm pull out of my driveway and start to head into town with my 10 year old son in the family minivan. We live on a hill, so it's a steep drop-off on the side of the road.

After a few seconds I realize that my wife has set the parking brake, something I never do. I try to disengage it but I can't, so I stop the car and explain to my son the problem and get out to do disengage it by hand.

However, like a complete fucking imbecile I leave the car in drive not realizing it's the parking brake that's holding it in place - while I was talking to my son I got distracted and thought it was in park and that's why it wasn't moving.

The second I disengage the parking brake the car takes off down the road, veering towards the drop-off side of the road. If it makes it to the side of the road it's gone, we're talking certain death as it careens down the hillside until it hits a tree at 80 mile an hour.

Everything goes into slow motion as I sprint after it. I can see my sons face through the window and he's scared as fuck. I used to pay lacrosse, but I'm 46 years old now and a fat fucker. Pure terror and adrenalin are flooding through me. I catch up to it and manage to jump in and jam on the brakes inches from the drop-off. I then had to sit their shaking for 15 minutes debating on whether I was having a heart attack or not and if I should call an ambulance.

The thought of what could have happened due to my stupidity haunts me to this day.

My neighbor happened to be outside when it happened and saw it all and she was like "Holy shit I never could have imagined you could possibly run that fast."
Man, just reading that gave me the heebie jeebies, but I feel like a total moron for not understanding what was wrong with your car? Or at least, why you would be getting out of the car to disengage the parking brake?

One time when I was new to driving I was waiting at a signal to turn right. I was looking left to watch for an opening, and when I finally saw one I took my foot off the brake before looking ahead and sure enough there was a woman crossing right in front of me. My car lurched forward and I slammed the fuck outta the brakes and probably came within an inch of kneecapping her. She slammed both hands down on the hood of my car and her eyes were as wide as dinner plates. I put my hand over my mouth and was instantly shaking like fucking crazy. She starts walking and looking back at me in disgust and I am just frozen in place. I wanted to roll down the window and apologize profusely, but it just so happened that my window didn't work (<3 my '86 Saab 9000) so I sat there paralyzed. Probably for the better that I couldn't roll my window down now that I think about it. I pulled over after I made the right and had to gather myself for about 10 minutes before I drove the rest of the way home. I'm an alert and supremely cautious driver now.

JBuccCP

The other day I walked out to go to work early in the morning when it was still dark. I thought I heard footsteps so I looked around but couldn't see shit. Took a few steps forward and heard footsteps behind me. I spun around quickly thinking someone's dog had gotten loose and I was about to get mauled. Nothing was there, so I got in the car and continued on. As I pulled out and my headlights lit up the street, I saw a guy going for a jog. I guess his footsteps bounced off my house. Dude wasn't wearing anything easily visible though. Dumbass.

Ok not really "most scary thing of your life" material but I was a little freaked out there for a second.

Few times have scared the shit out of me, some Ive shared with you guys before..

Walking into a gas station robbery.
Watching my buddy in highschool get blasted point blank in the chest with a gun.
Spinning and flipping a F-450 and as it was spinning I could see traffic go around me.
Getting a call from my crying wife at work after my son fell off the monkey bars at pre-school (first stiches, first OMG my baby is hurt moment).
Chick I paid to take me into to Philly hits a pot hole and her tire flys off, then walking through Philly praying I dont get murdered all while carrying a 1/4 lb of herb and $500 worth of ready rock.
Rip current pulling me out to sea before I knew how to deal with it..
Being ran over by an ambulence speeding to a call, thought I was dead but all I did was bounce off the wind sheild...got a sprained wrist only..

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
when i was a young punk some Acme manager called my boy a n****r while we walked by one day.

so we went back at 1am and set off a ton of fireworks in the store. like on some epic 4th of July shit, $100+ worth. he chased me screaming something like "i'm going to strangle you" and it didnt sound like he was kidding. i out ran him and hid in the back seat of a random unlocked car for TWO HOURS as this man was raging in the parking lot and the market.

i eventually snuck off but wtf that was heavy

and for the record that was a very reckless thing to do and would not recommend vigilante nonsense of that sort. but the produce section was popping off, seriously

joedan

My house is [was] at the base of a volcano. The Volcano had a massive eruption sending pyroclastic flows down the side of the mountain destroying villages. Ash shot miles into the sky blocking the sun. Completed with loud noises from the volcano like the world was coming to an end, and lightning amidst the ash cloud over the volcano. There was also this dull roar that sounded like rain but ended up being falling pumices/stones on my head. Ohh and the screams of other people in the village, some living hundreds of meters away, saying they were gonna die wasn't helpful. yeah i was scared.

Carlisle

A couple years ago I had small stroke. I was only 23, and it totally blindsided me. I temporarily lost feeling and sight on half my body, but recovered quickly with no injury or brain damage thankfully. If the clot had been any bigger I wouldn't be here right now, it was like my own mortality slapped me in the face. I've felt a sense of impending doom ever since... like I could just drop dead at any moment.

Doctors telling you that you're extremely lucky to be alive isn't as comforting as you'd think. But I'm grateful for everything. Life truly is such a wonderful and fragile thing.

Clydefrog

Add one to the near-drowning stories. I was bodyboarding far away from shore in some really big, choppy waves. Not nearly experienced enough for this stuff. Sure enough, a very large set shows up in front of me. I barely make it over the first wave. Phew. I see the second, bigger wave coming and try to duckdive under it before it breaks on me. Well, I did, but the tail-end of the wave caught me and sucked me into it. I’m rolling around underwater like being in a washing machine, no idea which way is up. Eventually, I’m able to make it back to the surface.

Now I’m really fucked. I am out of air, gasping for breath. There is whitewater everywhere and a third, even bigger wave on its way. I see it coming and know there’s no way out. It breaks right on me. I instantly lose my board and a fin. At this point, I figured it was useless to fight my way out because I literally had nothing left in me. I just sat there and let the water pull me wherever hoping to wait it out. I started swallowing water and became really, really fearful. I don’t know how I did it, but I was able to reach the surface. I luckily found my missing fin floating in the whitewater near me, grabbed it, and slowly swam back to shore. My board was floating around in the shorebreak. I sat on the shore, looked at the lifeguard tower like “what the hell guys?!” and just pondered what could have been.

I’ve been caught by waves and gone for many a tumblin’ but that one time really scared me and sticks with me every time a large set comes in.

offshore

Probably the split second where I saw a speeding car coming out of junction about to hit me when I was on my bike. Fortunately it was a glancing blow and now full on, but no question, if I'd have been literally half a metre ahead I'm pretty sure I'd be dead.

ToxicAdam

Probably driving home at night, on the highway, in a downpour with no windshield wipers. I couldn't pull over anywhere because I was surrounded by concrete barriers on both sides of me.

When I was 9 or 10, a van went through a red light and hit me when I was crossing the street. I lost consciousness and woke up a few minutes later with some older guy holding me and a crowd of people around. I looked down and my left leg, knee and ankle all looked like they had exploded. Huge gaping wounds, a river of blood and my tibia (or fibula, I get them confused) was poking out. I figured I'd never walk again and wished I'd bleed out to death right there, I might even have mentioned this to the old guy. My leg was so fucked up, I have no idea how but it healed 100% and I got Super Castlevania 4 and a ton of Ninja Turtles while in the hospital so it was a pretty sweet deal actually.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
revolverjgw said:
When I was 9 or 10, a van went through a red light and hit me when I was crossing the street. I lost consciousness and woke up a few minutes later with some older guy holding me and a crowd of people around. I looked down and my left leg, knee and ankle all looked like they had exploded. Huge gaping wounds, a river of blood and my tibia (or fibula, I get them confused) was poking out. I figured I'd never walk again and wished I'd bleed out right there. My leg was so fucked up, I have no idea how but it healed 100% and I got Super Castlevania 4 and a ton of Ninja Turtles while in the hospital so it was a pretty sweet deal actually.

hardcore gamer! i like the attitude

Vitten

A few years ago I suddenly started feeling dizzy lots of times, got random headaches and then one evening I passed out for no apparent reason. All of a sudden the words 'brain tumor' popped in my head and a huge feeling of dread came over me. Somehow I was completely convinced my days were numbered and I would spent my remaining time in some hospital slowly turning into a chemotherapy zombie.

Went to the see my GP who had me scheduled for a CT scan the very next day and he was going to call me shortly after he had the results back.

I'll never forget that sinking feeling in my stomach when I saw his number pop up on my mobile...... and the huuuuuuuuuuuuge sigh of relief when the results came back negative.

Never did know what sort of problem I had.. the dizzines still continues from time to time until today.

kinggroin

Banned
Had a gun put to my head, trigger pulled. Nothing.

"Come back through here, and it wont be empty" is what tue guy told me.

Salsa

I get sleep paralysis at least once a week (sometimes 2 weeks), and every scare tops the last one. It's the scariest feeling ive ever had.

That, or one hell of a bad LSD trip.

equil

CaptYamato said:
Iraq 2003-2004 everyday was scary.

I just got back last year and I know its nothing compared to how it used to be.
But there was still some freaky moments here and there.

Definitely the closest feelings of fear that ive ever had.

WJD

revolverjgw said:
When I was 9 or 10, a van went through a red light and hit me when I was crossing the street. I lost consciousness and woke up a few minutes later with some older guy holding me and a crowd of people around. I looked down and my left leg, knee and ankle all looked like they had exploded. Huge gaping wounds, a river of blood and my tibia (or fibula, I get them confused) was poking out. I figured I'd never walk again and wished I'd bleed out to death right there, I might even have mentioned this to the old guy. My leg was so fucked up, I have no idea how but it healed 100% and I got Super Castlevania 4 and a ton of Ninja Turtles while in the hospital so it was a pretty sweet deal actually.

Can you still play sports after an injury that bad?

MWCShay

I look back and now noticed I have been in way too many life threatening situations.

First ever got a gun pulled on me at the age of 9 for stealing at a mom and pop store in the backwoods of Oklahoma.

A little while later we were bored and playing around with a bull, by jumping this fence and throwing sticks at it. Obviously this was a terribly stupid idea but we were young and unsupervised. I was trying to be big and bad and got the closest of all us on my turn and the bull decided to show me who was boss. The thing started charging at me and I think I ran faster than I ever had or ever would in my life. Fucker came with in inches of goring me, before I dove head first over the fence.

Not long after that I was coming out my house and across the street some people had moved in and they had this monstrous rottweiler that would always bark and go crazy when it seen anyone. Usually this fucker was chained up though and no real threat.
When I heard it I gave it my usual "shut the fuck up" and kept on walking towards the park.
I heard it moving but didn't really pay any attention because I figured it was chained up, until I look in its direction and its hauling ass towards me and the chain isn't connected to anything. My heart sank and I had to think quick before being mauled, I was to far from my front door to make it back into the house. I had to run on top of my parents car in the driveway and jump for my life for my rooftop. Pulled myself up and the dog was on the car waiting to kill me for literally an hour. Fucker finally left and went back to its yard, when it saw I wasn't coming down.

Almost got mauled by another Rott just a year later.

But the scariest moment would have to be when I was at a house party. There were mostly Bloods there and for some reason this Crip dude shows up and starts shit. He predictably got stomped out, but he was able to leave under his own power. Maybe 2 hours later the dude shows back up and pulls a 12gage out his coat, this chic screams he has a gun and he starts to blast into the crowd. The guy running right next to me got hit and let out this scream like nothing I ever heard before. I thought that was it, I'm going to die at the age of 14. I was stop, dropping and rolling, zig zagging and anything else I could do to not get hit. I ended up walking home in the dark because of the commotion, everyone got separated. Won't go to a house party today because of it.

SUPREME1

Banned
Sleep Paralysis

Being robbed at gun point on the street when I was 13.

Witnessing an MS gangster rob a cabbie at gun point outside a donut shop I was at with some friends. I wasn't scared as I watched it go down, it didn't quite sink in how serious the situation was as I figured he'd get the money and run off. The scary part happened when he opened fire on the cabbie. I actually saw the fire/flame from the gun. That was scary.

Panic Attack

...and someOthers.

WJD said:
Can you still play sports after an injury that bad?

Yeah, I didn't believe it ever would until I got my cast off, but my leg healed perfectly and I could run, jump, play hockey etc just as well as ever. Very nasty scars though, so I rarely wear shorts.

ImperialConquest said:
Panic Attack

Now that you mention that, yeah, my first panic attack was another "Oh shit I'm a dead man" experience. I was sure I was having a heart attack.

Condemned, 360, 100" screen, late night, no lights, surround sound.
What can I say, At 40 I've had a good but uneventful life so far.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I lived in El Salvador in the late 80's during the civil war. There were many moments of terror. Including one instance where guerrilla rebels pulled us over in the middle of nowhere and shoved guns in my parent's faces.

SUPREME1

Banned
revolverjgw said:
Now that you mention that, yeah, my first panic attack was another "Oh shit I'm a dead man" experience. I was sure I was having a heart attack.

I thought I was having a stroke. : (

Rapstah

Woke up at three at night with a blood glycose of 1.1 (mmol/l) had the presence of mind to eat a load of sugar pills but then I just sat there for what felt like an hour, staring into a window, suddenly realising that I would one day die and that there would be nothing after I died. I saw what felt like infinite nothing for a moment while waking up and it's one of the most emotional moments I've ever had to this point.

Archer

Giving up a good gig in the U.S. to move to a new country to take a job with a new firm, then realizing the Managing Director not only had it out for me, he wanted to ruin my reputation and bankrupt me, all for taking my connections and business opportunities for his company.

In the end, I left the firm, started my own company, and have prospered better than I could imagine. I still have deep, fierce rage against him and the group who wanted to see me burn.

--

Another one happened just last weekend, when the better half and I were coming back from a Valentine's Day weekend holiday. We were driving up over a mountain pass with winter conditions in the middle of nowhere at night at a very slow speed, and I saw a patch of black ice, and took maneuvers to avoid it. The Jeep Grand Cherokee that was quite a few car lengths behind me, but still in the rear view mirror, didn't see it, did a 720 and flipped on its roof and landed in the median. It could've been us. I dialed 911 immediately, but couldn't stop, nor did I want the responsibility of tending to the other vehicle. I know that while I was on the phone with 911, the other car called in, and everyone was ok... the dispatcher told me while I was on the line. Was very relieved to hear the news, but it also made me dwell that it could've been us.

SUPREME1

Banned
Archer said:
Giving up a good gig in the U.S. to move to a new country to take a job with a new firm, then realizing the Managing Director not only had it out for me, he wanted to ruin my reputation and bankrupt me.

In the end, I left the firm, started my own company, and have prospered better than I could imagine. I still have deep, fierce rage against him and the group who wanted to see me burn.

Revenge. It's the only way.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ScOULaris said:
Those of us who live in civilized society are lucky enough to go most of our days without ever experiencing mortal fear. We're lucky for that, as there are people all over the world for whom gut-wrenching terror is not an uncommon feeling.

scream_3.jpg

After having played the demo for Amnesia: The Dark Descent and reflecting on the early games in the Silent Hill series, I started thinking about the feeling of being truly afraid. I don't mean "afraid" in a worried or stressed sense, but rather the primal, reactionary fear that can only be summoned by the brief (or prolonged) sensation that you are about to suffer mortal harm. I remember watching the Making of Silent Hill 2 years back, and in that video one designer states that they aimed to make the player experience fear because it's an emotion that most of us don't encounter on a regular basis. Since the sensation is so buried within us, evoking it (as the Silent Hill series was very good at doing) can be a very intense and unfamiliar experience for most of us.

But enough yammering. What was the moment in which you were the most scared in your entire life?

For me, I'll have to go back to when I was about eight years old. As a young child, I used to sleep with my door open and the hallway light on. After I was sound asleep, my mom would usually turn the hallway light off and go to bed, herself. One night, I woke up probably around midnight. The room was pitch-black, but my eyes started adjusting slowly to the point where I could gradually make out more details. As my pupils dilated and made the room more visible to me, I stared at my open door. It was then that I saw the shadow of a hulking male figure staring into the room. My heart sank and I held perfectly still, keeping my gaze on the figure. I kept thinking that it would eventually materialize into something less threatening, like a shadow cast by a bundle of clothes or something, but as I lay motionless the figure remained. It was obviously my scared, childlike mind playing tricks on me, but I could have sworn that I heard him breathing. After a few minutes, I mustered up the courage to run over to the light switch and flip it on. Once I did, the shadow was gone. Obviously there was no one there, but you know how it is when you're a kid. Everything is amplified, and a large intruder standing menacingly in my doorway was an imagined image that terrified me to the core.

Bonus Story:
Here's one from adulthood. One summer during college I was staying at my parents' house alone while they were out of the country. This just happened to be when I was first playing through the Silent Hill series. I had played SH2 and SH1, so now I was making my way through the third game. Being that I'm all about creating the right atmosphere (and slightly insane), I thought it would be a good test of my bravery and play SH3 at midnight with all the lights in the entire house turned off. If you've played SH1-3, you know how terrifying this can be. Anyway, I popped in the game and started playing through a particularly evil and creepy sewer section. Just as I had entered a new room in the game in which horrible sounds emanated from just off-camera, the door to my room BURST open violently. I'm being dead serious when I say that my heart stopped. I nearly shit myself with bowel-churning fear. As it turns out, there was a wire hanger on the top of the door when I originally closed it. As I played the game, the wire hanger was slowly but surely resisting between the door and the frame. Eventually it had built up enough tension to pop the door open with surprising force.

That might sound like a lame story, but really try to imagine it. Silent Hill in the dark with the volume turned up is already messing with your head, you KNOW that you are supposed to be completely alone in the house, and then your door fucking flies open just as your tension reaches its peak at a scary part in the game. Suffice to say, I took a break from playing SH3 at night. :)

The shadowy figure. This used to happen to me nightly. Some people experience sleep paralysis when they have these hallucinations, but I actually would never get the hallucinations with the paralysis, those were always seperate. It's apparently hynagogic imagery crossing over from sleep to waking life. People were convinced for a while my house was haunted when I told them the stories. I had a figure very similar to what you described once, and it just stood there until it slowly walked towards me. Terrifying.

bjb

Banned
The past few weeks have unquestionably been the scariest moments of my life to date (I'm 24 years old).

Basically I have twitching (Fasciculation's) in certain limbs / muscles throughout my body.

While they can be benign for most, others like myself experience weakness, fatigue or cramping associated with them. When that's the case, it can point towards ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). As well as a few other Neurological-Neuromuscular diseases.

I'm seeing a Neurologist right now who doesn't think it's ALS, but is sending me to a Mayo Clinic to have more testing done to be sure.

Needless to say I've been really scared. ALS while a rare disease, is incurable and offers little to no treatment. Average life expectancy is 2-5 years. In the meantime, I"ll continue hoping for the best, and keeping my Ativan close by.

saelz8

bjb said:
The past few weeks have unquestionably been the scariest moments of my life to date (I'm 24 years old).

Basically I have twitching (Fasciculation's) in certain limbs / muscles throughout my body.

While they can be benign for most, others like myself experience weakness, fatigue or cramping associated with them. When that's the case, it can point towards ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). As well as a few other Neurological-Neuromuscular diseases.

I'm seeing a Neurologist right now who doesn't think it's ALS, but is sending me to a Mayo Clinic to have more testing done to be sure.

Needless to say I've been really scared. ALS while a rare disease, is incurable and offers little to no treatment. Average life expectancy is 2-5 years. In the meantime, I"ll continue hoping for the best, and keeping my Ativan close by.
You can have a bulging disc and get everything you mentioned. The less severe illness is always the more likely cause.

Don't jump to conclusions, and stop reading shit online.

Sykotik

Being told I had cancer was probably it. I was so dumbfounded, as I had no inclination that it could have been that until he flat out told me. Talk about fearing for your life.

womp

When my son was 9 months old (He will be 4 this July) and I was feeding him some baby food. He started choking and convulsing with his eyes wide open in my arms from the bits of granola that was in it. Luckily I was able to get my pinkie finger in there to slightly 'nudge' it.

Never bought that brand again.

It was a horrible experience and the worst, most scariest thing I have ever dealt with.

Boozeroony

Walking past a deadly adder in the middle of the jungle in Costa Rica in the middle of the night. With just a flashlight.

I heard hissing and stood still for some second, searching with my flashlight. Turned out the snake was 30cm away and in defence-position. I shat bricks and backed off.

Didnt sleep that night.

In Madagascar there was a gang going around robbing and killing families. Alone at home with an 11 year old the power suddenly goes out. We can see lights in the distance but nothing around us, just pitch dark. The dogs start barking and we go to a window calling the guard getting no reply. 11 year old starts freaking out, I was calm and thinking of places we could hide when I look down at my hands and they were shaking so hard. In the end nothing happened, just a power outage but we slept in my room because it had bars on the window with a broom propping the door shut.

My first ever panic attack sent me to the hospital, I thought I had a stroke and that freaked me out.

Watching my dad in a hand to hand fight to the death(the other guy).

revolverjgw said:

HAH!
I have an extremely similar story. Around 3rd grade or so I was crossing the street to the ice cream man and got struck by an old lady driving a huge Oldsmobile. It was a hit and run accident. Broke a rib, face scraped on pavement, and was knocked out for a couple of minutes. I remember the firemen/ambulance people came and tried to cheer me up by tickling my feet, but me being extremely uncomfortable when i get tickled screamed and yelled at them.

That was also a huge year for the Ninja Turtles, so after about a month leave from school, I come back and Donatello from the Ninja Turtles showed up and my classmates made me all TMNT stuff. It was the happiest day of my life.

That same year our 3rd grade classroom burned down and the big '89 San Francisco/Bay Area earthquake happened.

ScOULaris

VelvetMouth said:
In Madagascar there was a gang going around robbing and killing families. Alone at home with an 11 year old the power suddenly goes out. We can see lights in the distance but nothing around us, just pitch dark. The dogs start barking and we go to a window calling the guard getting no reply. 11 year old starts freaking out, I was calm and thinking of places we could hide when I look down at my hands and they were shaking so hard. In the end nothing happened, just a power outage but we slept in my room because it had bars on the window with a broom propping the door shut.

My first ever panic attack sent me to the hospital, I thought I had a stroke and that freaked me out.

Watching my dad in a hand to hand fight to the death(the other guy).
Wow. Sounds like you've lived a pretty interesting life thus far. Care to explain the story about your dad?

ryan-ts

A couple years ago my cousin was driving home in the dark with me in the passengers seat. Anyway we get going down the road and there are no lights, she manages to see a biker and avoids him but in the process she turns too hard going back into the right lane.

The whole car turns and flips on it's side, all the while I had convinced myself in my head that my cousin had just driven on the gravel and that everything was fine. Turn to my cousin and I see her knocked out below as I finally understand what my situation is. I manage to get myself out as I am on the top while my cousin is stuck on the bottom and I haven't been able to get a word out of her. I honestly thought my cousin might have died right there but eventually she opens her eyes and speaks a few words. Some firemen talk her out of shock, get her out of the car and she has to wear a cast for a month, I came out unscathed.

I know it wouldn't have been my fault but for the minute or so I thought she may have died, I blamed myself, fucked up as that may be just because I was talking to her while she was driving.

KJTB

The scariest time in my life is when my dad had to have immediate open heart surgery for an Aortic Aneurism... he had to have 23 hours of surgery. The nurses and his doctor called him "The Miracle" because it was unbelievable that he survived the whole ordeal.

I thought for sure he was going to die, I couldn't sleep for days.

when my gf thought she was pregnant a few years ago. being broke and in college, i was scared shitless.

my older brother had sleep paralysis and i pray to God i never have to experience it

womp

Tiger uppercut said:
Probably watching paranormal activity at night, blu-ray and 5.1 was scary as hell.

You can't be serious?

One of the most boring pieces of dreck I wasted my life on in a long time. I literally said "That's it?" when it was over.

You want scary? Go watch The Entity with Barbara Hershey.

Sheesh...Kids these days. ;)

ScOULaris said:
Wow. Sounds like you've lived a pretty interesting life thus far. Care to explain the story about your dad?

Our maids old boyfriend climbed through/over we still don't know how, the security gate and started beating her. He was in booze/drug filled rage. My dad came out to help and the guy picked up a brick, we were having our patio repaved at the time, and started beating my dad with it. My dad fought him off, the cops came and took the guy away but later we learnt he'd suffered a head injury and died suspiciously. We had to go to court and I had to testify but the case was thrown out before we even got there because there was no evidence to prove that my dad was responsible.

It's nothing compared to a lot of these stories.

One time I took over 10 grams of (potent) psilocybe mushrooms and then deprived myself of sensory input (totally darkened bedroom, laying on a bed) until I began to realize that that was a horrible idea, but by then it was too late. I began to hear voices and I found myself unable to differentiate if they were actually sounds or just my thoughts. Then a seemingly endless thought-loop convinced me that I was sure to die soon, every time I would go through the full cycle and come back to the same conclusion I would become more and more convinced of that, until it became (in my mind) an absolute certainty. It eventually became a full psychotic break, where my only option was to choose my means of death.

I still can't do mushrooms without 'reliving' a part of that experience, though strangely LSD is okay.

G-Fex

Me and my co-worker friends were out in the back of the store taking bikes to the trailers out back to lock up before it rained. Then as we're by the trailers there's a car and we can't see the guy cause the lights are on us and then he comes out and says "Keep your hands in the air where I can see them." I thought he was going to steal the merchandise and lock us in the trailers and well, it turned out to be a customer we know playing around, he got us good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom