• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

Highres_Screenshot_00090.jpg

Highres_Screenshot_00095.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Tain said:
hey have you guys ever heard of Doom?

http://y2gqvw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pfkMl9wrK3qiKWFPTkTIMyjrXMwIqo-s11SqVLiSglKE8BGgeWx8MuKtKzWkkvuVByJblPdIJBVpVIcQsUHXtaDIuCW_jKBRd[img]

[img]http://y2gqvw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pWXVjjpu5GTqRVp2vfIhoghXxtxUrO2WZs1Zg-Ca_IHI3Ja822dbjLGfHo9qisvJtVGzSwwbP2kKMOqcj5kQggAxCk3NG-6FA/[img]

From a WAD named Sunder. It's ridiculously dense, both in terms of geometry and enemy count.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Looks absolutely amazing.

Still kickin' it old school. :D

Dascu

Snuggler said:
What game is Octagon posting pics from? Is that Drakengard?
Do you mean Drakensang? Drakengard is waaaay different-looking PS2 game.

Regardless, it's from neither. The screenshots are from TERA, a PC MMO.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Tain, I hate you. Sunder is absolutely ridiculous. I spent the last 6 hours playing until level 5 before giving up.

I never thought a Doom 2 map could actually cause slowdown on my machine.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Snuggler said:
What game is Octagon posting pics from? Is that Drakengard?

It's been answered but I was able to look one page back and found the game name when he first started posting the screenshots. :p

Mr_Zombie

How come so few AAA games that run on UE3 look as beautiful as TERA? :O
I haven't played any MMO before but those shots are making me want to play the game now.

Mr_Zombie said:
How come so few AAA games that run on UE3 look as beautiful as TERA? :O
I haven't played any MMO before but those shots are making me want to play the game now.

1) It's using Lightmass GI, hitherto unseen in all but Enslaved, Bulletstorm and maybe the odd UDK game.

2) It's Korean. So is Kingdom Under Fire. Go figure.

3) From what I understand, it was made with no small amount of technical assistance from Epic.

4) “We did our best to express the feel of character skins and various materials used in real costumes by utilising features such as diffuse, normal, specular and specular power provided by the Unreal Engine’s standard phong shader. We tuned up the phong shader a little bit to make it express unique colour impressions for Tera Online.”

5) Erm... Bluehole are just that good? Its development team includes former members of the Lineage II team: producer, lead game designer, lead programmer and art director. Kinda makes it Lineage III.

Performance is blinding, btw. As fast as any UE3 game, though I can't really comment on network code.

Blizzard

Banned
The game looks pretty, but the character art seems a little odd to me. Aside from the chainmail bikini effect (or maybe that's just TheOctagon's choice of garb), the faces look like a vacant airbrushed celebrity stare or something. Do they ever have different expressions?

Darkkn

My TERA intrest went from 20 to 100 thanks to those amazing shots! Too bad the Lolita female character design(and animation) kinda ruins alot for me :/ Does not belong to a game with this classy enviroments.
Is it still possible to get into the beta btw? I assume you are playing in korean servers.

Erasus

Darkkn said:
My TERA intrest went from 20 to 100 thanks to those amazing shots! Too bad the Lolita female character design(and animation) kinda ruins alot for me :/ Does not belong to a game with this classy enviroments.
Is it still possible to get into the beta btw? I assume you are playing in korean servers.

Just pick another race if you dont like the lolies?

You need a KSSN to get into the beta, but once you have that I think you are good to go as its an open beta.

And TERA does look great. How come so many people dont know its UE3??

Lime

Was looking through some old screenshots and stumbled upon my playthrough of Silent Hill 3. Easily one of the most beautiful games I've had the luxury of experiencing and it's even from 2003. I used the FOV hack to make it possible to play in 16:9.

I'm sorry for the JPG compression, but I didn't do any in bmp or png :(

sh32009-09-1123-07-38-6s9p.jpg

sh32009-09-1123-07-31-gtb4.jpg

Tain

luka said:
Tain, I hate you. Sunder is absolutely ridiculous. I spent the last 6 hours playing until level 5 before giving up.

I never thought a Doom 2 map could actually cause slowdown on my machine.

Yeah, I was shocked when it brought my PC to 20fps a few times. Ridiculous!

TheOctagon said:
4) “We did our best to express the feel of character skins and various materials used in real costumes by utilising features such as diffuse, normal, specular and specular power provided by the Unreal Engine’s standard phong shader. We tuned up the phong shader a little bit to make it express unique colour impressions for Tera Online.”

This explains the last shot, you can clearly see the tuning, her face hasa watercolor look to it.

Very nice.

Top Bottom