• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NCAA Men's College BASEBALL Official Thread of June Madness -Back home in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCWS83

Don't know who to root for there, like Cinderella of course, but Dave Van Horn is well-loved in Nebraska. It'll be interesting to see how the local crowd falls on that.

I think Stony Brook will get more unanimous support in Omaha.
Dude...I'd say Van Horn is appreciated more so than loved. Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, that's love

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
eam to Win the 2012 CWS
Florida +180
Florida St +200
Arizona +280
South Carolina +400
UCLA +400
Arkansas +650
Stony Brook +800
Kent State +900

Team to Win Bracket A
Florida -120
South Carolina +220
Arkansas +240
Kent State +400

Team to be Eliminated First from Bracket A
Kent State +130
Arkansas +150
South Carolina +240
Florida +500

Team to Win Bracket B
Florida State +140
UCLA +180
Arizona +200
Stony Brook +400

Team to be Eliminated First from Bracket B
Stony Brook +140
Arizona +180
UCLA +200
Florida State +400

FyreWulff

Went to Rosenblatt today. Unfortunately yesterday we showed up too late (traffic!) so we had to come back today after the hellstorm.

From the previous day's failed visit. It looked deceptively coherent:

W9YVal.jpg

vLdvxl.jpg

From today. Baseball fans, avert your eyes:

T39NEl.jpg

There's people in the background of that photo digging up scoops of dirt from home plate. I give it 24 hours before eBay listings show up.

What's left of the scoreboard:

Sp1ynl.jpg

Zoo employee going DAMNIT GET OUT OF THE SEATS PLEASE to visiting LSU fans off-camera

W8OF8l.jpg

They had something of a gift shop off to the side of the entrance, where you could buy what they hadn't auction off yet from the stadium. Stuff like old sinks (20$ for a pair), lockers (10$ each), blueprints for Rosenblatt (5$ each), the old contracts and manuals for Rosenblatt (couldn't find a price :( ). I got this for 50 cents for my mom, who's been a chef and lead kitchen supervisor for everyone from groceries stores to the Salvation Army, and is also a huge kitchen tech geek:

jqVKxl.jpg

Meier

Sigh, tough loss. Our offense is just plain awful outside of the heart of the order (not that that's all that uncommon) and those guys were terrible tonight. Gonzalez has to feel terrible, 2 huge errors, 1 ball that he arguably should have fielded that was called a hit and then he gets picked off late in the game.

Looking forward to a day when Mike Martin is no longer the manager of FSU. He just can't get it done.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hi from Rome

Looks like I missed a good one last night. Typical FSU choke job.

Also - Cinderella does great until it runs into maybe the best team in the country

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Happy with the win (assuming there is not some disaster during the top of the 9th) today. Although there has been some questionable calls by the umps for both teams.

As for the next game, I think I would rather play Florida. The fact that we were able to go into Gainesville and win 2 of 3 should help with the team's confidence. Either way, the rest of this bracket is going to be tough.

Canuck76

Banned
Wow great job on this thread.

I'm not interested in baseball much but i do live here and will hopefully get down to some games for some world class heckling.

Anyways great OP on this.

impirius

Absolutely terrible with runners in scoring position so far. It will be awful if this game is decided by that one misread in left field.

MrCWS83

GetAttachment.aspx

This is from my seats at yesterday's Stony Brook UCLA game
16 rows up from the plate, best I could come up with but I went all out for a first date with this girl lol
Had a great time although SB didn't show up
Edit: not sure what happened to my pic

impirius

Great win despite the RISP issues. 12 straight wins in Omaha, 22 in the tournament. It's getting difficult to put this streak in perspective anymore.

Next game will be rough. The Hogs are very good anyway, but it looks like their offense finally woke up today.

Tedesco!

First I want to say that the new stadium is quite nice. Secondly I want to say, that I while I believed it was a longshot for Kent to win, the umps in the game did their part to ensure Kent got hosed. There was some really shitty officiating during that game.

Still, it was fun to see Kent play. Too bad about the outcome.....

impirius

I hope the game times change next year, because these 9 PM starts are kinda brutal.

Here's tonight's starting pitcher during what I'm guessing is a grueling workout routine. Be afraid, Arkansas.

pj27yl3h.jpg

I hope the game times change next year, because these 9 PM starts are kinda brutal.

Here's tonight's starting pitcher during what I'm guessing is a grueling workout routine. Be afraid, Arkansas.

pj27yl3h.jpg

Considering SC hasn't lost a playoff game since the opening game of the 2010 CWS (which was their only loss of the playoffs that year), I am in fact very afraid. There's always a chance, though.

impirius

MISSING: Strike Zone

Looks vaguely squareish

If found, please call Kent State Athletic Dept.

EDIT: WOW. What a call. He went around by about a micron.

Holy crap what a game. KSU pitchers did all they could to choke it away in the end, but somehow they managed to squeak by. Florida has to feel like crap right now.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I only saw the last two innings of the Florida/Kent St. game, but what I saw was pretty exciting. Wish I got to see the rest of the game.

Also, great way to start the game against S.C. Go Hogs!

Edit: Really? They are saying that was a swing?

impirius

I can't believe I never thought about that until now. Wow. Also, great start so far!
Hogs had Colby Holmes figured out from the start. It's all about Stanek's pitch count now. Gotta avoid those first pitch pop-ups and start wearing this guy out.

Let's go Webb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom