• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Poetry Corner - Challenge #33: Lust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seam

Banned
1. Smoke and the Feeling of Weightlessness
2. You
3. Sea Wall

Thank for the comments, I will read them seriously!

Ashes

Banned
9 entries and seven votes. Maybe give it another half an hour, before I count the votes.

Here are my final guesses on who wrote what where:

* "Man of an Empty Marsh & Red"
Miri
* "Like sand drinks water"
umop_3pisdn
* "You"
Bootaaay
* "Sea Wall"
Neutrality
* "Her Words"
Crow
* "Don't fight back, and see what happens"
AnkitT
* "The Tearfull Moment./The Sane Moment"
Seam
* "Located moment, senses poem."
Seam
* "Smoke and the Feeling of Weightlessness"
Tim the Wiz

I won't even try guessing, although I was certain 'Smoke...' was written by you until I read your commentary, unless that of course was just a ruse :p

Ashes

Banned
Bootaaay said:
I won't even try guessing, although I was certain 'Smoke...' was written by you until I read your commentary, unless that of course was just a ruse :p

We should make a rule for next time where people most definitely cannot change their votes! I swear if Tim changes his votes; I'll go: aaarh! :p

Post your guesses man. It's just a bit of fun. :p

Ashes

Banned
The Results:

1. "Smoke and the Feeling of Weightlessness" by ? - 14 pts ****
2. "Sea Wall" by ? - 11 pts **
3. "You" by ? - 6 pts *

So congrats to ... lol. I have no idea! We'll find out soon enough I guess. :p

Full results.

1. "Smoke and the Feeling of Weightlessness" by ? - 14 pts ****
2. "Sea Wall" by ? - 11 pts **
3. "You" by ? - 6 pts *
4. "Man of an Empty Marsh & Red" by Miri - 4pts
4. "Her Words" by Ashes1396* - 4pts
5. "The Tearfull Moment./The Sane Moment" by Seam - 3pts

*thanks Crow for submitting this for me.

Well thank you to everyone who took part, critiqued, voted, and submitted on other people's behalf. :p

So who are ya? reveal yourselves. Tim?

iavi

Lol, I thought Sea Wall was definitely Bootaaay until he crit'd it. Now I'm thinking that he was 'You', 'Sea Wall' was... it's a toss up. Both Neutrality or Tim are good enough to have done either of the top two.

And nice fake out there, Ashes. I had a feeling that something like that was going on--I was thinking of doing it myself, lol--but I couldn't exactly cement it.

Lol, I had no idea crow's entry was yours Ashes, I was only expecting the Tim-posted ones to be anonymous entries - very sneaky ;)

Mine was 'Sea Wall', I think 'You' was Tim, no idea who wrote 'Smoke...' though, so congratulations anonymous winner!

Ashes1396 said:
"Sea Wall": Beautifully framed. Inch perfect imagery. I really like this. And the audio slam was pretty good as well. Sensual stuff. Swans, shared jackets, companionable silence, and the sea. I'm guessing at an Aussie accent. And by that measure. Tim!

Yeah, I guess my accent does sound a bit Aussie in that recording, I'm from Essex but was trying hard not to sound like I'm from Essex ;)

So I'm going to need someone to make the next thread again.
:3

E: Also, I too was confused on the author of Sea Wall.
So good on you for faking two of us out!

iavi

So it was you! Knew it. Your style is so identifiable, Bootaaay. Also, you've been working with the same motif for the past two challenges. Is that a conscious decision?

Ashes

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
The Results:

1. "Smoke and the Feeling of Weightlessness" by Neutrality - 14 pts ****
2. "Sea Wall" by Bootaaay - 11 pts **
3. "You" by Tim the Wiz - 6 pts *

So congrats to ... lol. I have no idea! We'll find out soon enough I guess. :p

Full results.

1. "Smoke and the Feeling of Weightlessness" by Neutrality - 14 pts ****
2. "Sea Wall" by Bootaaay - 11 pts **
3. "You" by Tim the Wiz - 6 pts *
4. "Man of an Empty Marsh & Red" by Miri - 4pts
4. "Her Words" by Ashes1396* - 4pts
5. "The Tearfull Moment./The Sane Moment" by Seam - 3pts

*thanks Crow for submitting this for me.

Well thank you to everyone who took part, critiqued, voted, and submitted on other people's behalf. :p

So who are ya? reveal yourselves. Tim?

Updated.

Wait a sec, why does a guy from Essex sound like an Aussie, and an Aussie sound like an guy from Essex? :p

Miri said:
So it was you! Knew it. Your style is so identifiable, Bootaaay. Also, you've been working with the same motif for the past two challenges. Is that a conscious decision?

Nah, it wasn't intentional, it just seems that water and waves are my 'go to's for imagery ;)

And congrats Neutrality, I'll post the updated templates in a bit.

Congrats Neutrality.

Seems like you guys figured it out anyway. Glad to see there was some confusion--although Ashes outmanoeuvred us all.

Ashes said:
Wait a sec, why does a guy from Essex sound like an Aussie, and an Aussie sound like an guy from Essex? :p

Ha. Hopefully, not the last of the audio slam.

iavi

You know, I think that anon/ poetry slam should be a permanent addition to the challenges, and not just the occasional extra objective. It really does add a whole new dynamic to the thing. We could have the op of each challenge be responsible for sorting through the anon entries, unless you want to do it like Ashes did.

Ashes

Banned
Miri said:
You know, I think that anon/ poetry slam should be a permanent addition to the challenges, and not just the occasional extra objective. It really does add a whole new dynamic to the thing. We could have the op of each challenge be responsible for sorting through the anon entries, unless you want to do it like Ashes did.

Feel free to mix up among yourselves. I'm not sure, whether I will or not though. My reasoning is this:

Everytime you add something new; you just put in an extra barrier to a new person entry.
Some people being anonymous/other people not/voting certain ways to avoid voting for the same author twice etc...

Basically complications are not as good as saying:

Here's the theme: go crazy.

Ashes is probably right about the anonymous objective, but I think the poetry slam as an optional standard feature could work well.

I think the anonymous thing works best when everyone is submitting anonymously, so I reckon we should save it for it's own secondary objective. I'm all for making the audio slams a permanent optional addition though.

iavi

Nice, guys. It looks like something of a consensus has been reached. Bootaaay, if you wouldn't mind, could you add it to the template? It'd make the process a bit easier, rather than reminding each challenge victor to add it in themselves.

iavi

The thread will be up in just a bit. Neutrality and I are pondering over a secondary objective. Any suggestions?

Ashes

Banned
Miri said:
The thread will be up in just a bit. Neutrality and I are pondering over a secondary objective. Any suggestions?

Poetry forms. apart from that I got nothing.

yeah, I know that ain't helping.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom