• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

wachie

India celebrating a draw.
Didn't the commentators at the start of the day say 250 is impossible? I think it was Gavaskar who said that and he was pretty much on the mark given how the pitch was behaving.

Clarkey would have declared yesterday and would have had a win here. Not to forget the really shoddy decisions in the final hour. Hope he can come back.

DeSo

Banned
Clarkey would have declared yesterday and would have had a win here.
Bullshit. I mean, Clarkey might have, but our bowlers would still have been buggered, I doubt they would have had much effect yesterday.

Honestly the pitches in this series were far too batter friendly. Yeah this one offered something on the last day but before then pretty much nada.

bomma_man

Bullshit. I mean, Clarkey might have, but our bowlers would still have been buggered, I doubt they would have had much effect yesterday.

Honestly the pitches in this series were far too batter friendly. Yeah this one offered something on the last day but before then pretty much nada.

Yep. The contrast between the batting and bowling figures is staggering. No bowler averaged under 30, and there were like five batsmen that averaged over 50.

I'm not a huge fan of Maxwell or Finch but they were always going to be there. Starc is rubbish and lucky to make it. Happy to see Hazlewood, Marsh, Faulkner and Cummins in there though.

Vaddon

Morgan has really dragged us back into this. Seems unlikely that we'd defend 234 but it was a great effort either way. Shouldn't have to rely on one man though, shame everyone else seemed to fail.

master15

If I have to listen to James Brayshaw say "he's an amazing talent" when some ordinary/run of the mill action occurs again, I might have to shoot myself in the face.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
His century against sri lanka is one of the most impressive ones I've seen last year just due to the circumstances.

Then the way he ripped through india with his bowling was pretty great too.

Big fan of the mo.

After the start I thought Australia would be chasing 370+. Good comeback. I wonder if selectors are trying to work out a way to get Sandu into the WC squad and Cummins back to the shield.

Top Bottom