• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The odor 1886 $19.99 bomba

Oxn

Im picking it up in a few hours.

Only cost $17 after GCU, so why not. Besides it cost around $25 on ebay, so if I dont like it, off it goes.

Don't worry sales are exceeding our expectations. Would love to share numbers but that's for Sony to do. - New CEO of RAD

There was such promise in the setting but instead we got, content and gameplay wise, the first chapters of a grand that is never going to be finished. Was hoping for an Uncharted 2 esque sequel, but not happening.

Zakalwe

Banned
the only thing wrong with the order was the price

There's plenty wrong with The Order. Even if you enjoy it overall, calling it perfect would be delusional.

£20 is a good price if you're curious about the game. It looks glorious at times, so at the very least you'll have something to show off your consoles's graphical potential.

highrider

Banned
I remember people trying to convince themselves, and even worse, others, that the Order is a good game. Disgusting.

I liked it. I'm not tricking myself, and I don't care if others play it. It's a fun shooter with great graphics, brought down by boring boss encounters and unskippable cutscenes. It didn't kick your dog.

Dimorphic

I bought it on day one for full price and have NO REGRETS!

I actually enjoyed the game, the story is quite good, it's graphically beautiful and it was honestly nice to run through a handheld story experience after all the open world/open ended games I had been/am still playing.

I hope they make a sequel.

IvanJ

Banned
No discount can make the purchase of this game justified.
I played it for free (friend's copy), and still hated it.

I don't think I would play it again if they paid me $60.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
And the actual game...
Wait a minute.

Am I the only one who kind of scales the purchase of games with cost VS value?

If a title is more interesting to me then I am willing to pay more. I always use both my hands and tip the scales on a purchase by gauging the merits of a game vs cost.

If a game like Rocket League (crack) comes along at 20 then I am likely to get a 4 pack. I'm all on. If a 60 dollar game like The Odor®™ cones along then I see it as a game that is worth it for 20.

Hyperbole is for broad stroke non thinkers. I use my mind to make rational buys.

I use that metaphor in life as well.

You're welcome.

Chozo_Lord

Still not worth it. I rented it for $3 and beat it in 6 hours. Those 6 hours were pretty boring, and there's absolutely no re-playability. So you have to do the math: Is 6 hours of bland boring gameplay worth $20 to you? I bet it will be free on ps+ anyway.

Goose_7

Banned
I remember people trying to convince themselves, and even worse, others, that the Order is a good game. Disgusting.

Well, I enjoyed it, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone for that price.

I enjoyed the game as well. I paid full price for it and got 7 hours of enjoyment out of it all in one sitting. Gameplay left something to be desired but it was beautiful, story sucked me in enough to trek through for 7 hours. Need to go back and get that platinum.

Dantis

It's a similar price in the UK too. I got a sealed copy the other day for £15.

It's definitely worth it, in my opinion. It's a flawed game, but production values are through the roof.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I thought I'd be all over this at this price.. but even for $16.. I don't really want this.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
arsenal-1886-cologne-men-woda-koloska-75-ml.jpg

a7658bfdd334a8ede179ee504a4cc2a1.jpg

jaypah

That's less than I paid for Ryse, just to check out the graphics. If you want to just check out the tech that's not a bad price. I didn't really enjoy the game though.

Alo0oy

Banned

The animosity towards the game is just as disgusting. I haven't played the game so I have no opinion on it either way, but during the game's release week GAF was embarrassing to read from both sides.

Anyway, I'll wait for a PSN sale.

antitrop

Incomplete story, not worth anyone's time.

It feels like part 1 of an episodic game that will probably never get a second part.

Top Bottom