• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official AMIGA "Rosetinted" Thread

MikeB

Banned
@ Munin

I too was one of the biggest fans of Commodore back when the Amiga 500 was at its peak. Lately I've considered buying one again, as well as a few games. But I'm unsure if the games still hold up well today. Are games like Disposable Hero and Ruff 'n Tumble still as playable?

IMO plays great even through WinUAE using a keyboard. Video of me demonstrating WinUAE and Ruff 'n Tumble:

http://webring.amigaworld.net/ruffntumble.mpg

It was part of a WinUAE tutorial I wrote a few years ago for AmigaWorld:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/features/index.php?op=r&cat_id=4&rev_id=4&sort_by

test_account

XP-39C²
Label said:
Foto+Fury+of+the+Furries.jpg

I got the PC version for x-mas once. Was a damn cool game :)

I love the Amiga art/gfx in the games, so many good classics. I wish more games like this were produced today :( Today its like minimum 800x600 resolution.

Squeak

I absolutely loved and love my Amiga, but one thing strikes me when I look at all the screens in this thread and that is, that the art direction in the vast majority of the games sucked.
The techniques was top notch for a 16 bit, but the art really lacked (with some noticable exeptions).

MikeB

Banned
MikeB wrote:

It was part of a WinUAE tutorial I wrote a few years ago for AmigaWorld

Actually the original article I wrote for OSNews and later re-published an enhanced version for AmigaWorld.

Some other videos I included:

Traps 'n Treasures:

http://webring.amigaworld.net/trapsntreasures.mpg

Mr Nutz (plays great!)

http://webring.amigaworld.net/mrnutz.mpg

Alien Breed: Tower Assualt

http://webring.amigaworld.net/towerassault.mpg

Superfrog (lovely game!)

http://webring.amigaworld.net/superfrog.mpg

Alien Breed 3D II: The Killing Grounds

A great game, a huge game and one of the best 3D shooters for the Amiga, though the game was less than 2 MB in size! The only reason why I don't really consider the game a true classic was due to being rushed out, mainly because of competition from the Amiga port of Quake by Clickboom and turmoil within the Amiga market due to the demise of Commodore.

Not many people got to play this game in its full glory as to truly enjoy the game you would have needed a 25 Mhz 68040 processor (+AGA chipset) as a minimum. Only a handfull of people actually upgraded:

http://webring.amigaworld.net/tkg.mpg

Gowans

I also remember with my Amiga the Multitasking kicked arse in Workbench compared to anything else in its time.

What do you guys think was behind the Amiga death after it being so huge (especially in the UK) ?

MikeB

Banned
@ Gowans007

Although the Amiga developers greatly disliked the Commodore management around the time of the company's demise, everything was dependent on the choices they made.

After Commodore's PC branch crash and bad Amiga bloopers (CDTV and A600) the company burned through its resources despite making profits (but not enough to save the company) on Amigas. Without leadership and direction the Amiga market crashed together with Commodore, but the Amiga never completely died as there still are Amiga developing companies and dealers. Even today there's still hope for an Amiga revival as can be judged from Amiga forums.

Gowans

bishoptl said:
Piracy, PCs, Commodore's complete bloody ineptitude - take your pick.

Yeah I dont think I bought one game as a kid, swapping flopys ay school & Xcopying them was the norm where I lived.

As for the CD32 I did get that for Christmas as I was in Awe of the game like innerspace but man looking back what were commodore thinking.

It was so weird that PC's got them tho, at the time other system were like the stupid brother but I guess open as it was an open platform & when the 3D stuff hit Amgias were toast tho I remeber the doom knock offs Gloom and Alien breed 3d having a last few swings to try to win.

Red Scarlet

MikeB said:
MikeB wrote:

Actually the original article I wrote for OSNews and later re-published an enhanced version for AmigaWorld.

Some other videos I included:

Traps 'n Treasures:

http://webring.amigaworld.net/trapsntreasures.mpg

Mr Nutz (plays great!)

http://webring.amigaworld.net/mrnutz.mpg

Alien Breed: Tower Assualt

http://webring.amigaworld.net/towerassault.mpg

Superfrog (lovely game!)

http://webring.amigaworld.net/superfrog.mpg

Alien Breed 3D II: The Killing Grounds

A great game, a huge game and one of the best 3D shooters for the Amiga, though the game was less than 2 MB in size! The only reason why I don't really consider the game a true classic was due to being rushed out, mainly because of competition from the Amiga port of Quake by Clickboom and turmoil within the Amiga market due to the demise of Commodore.

Not many people got to play this game in its full glory as to truly enjoy the game you would have needed a 25 Mhz 68040 processor (+AGA chipset) as a minimum. Only a handfull of people actually upgraded:

http://webring.amigaworld.net/tkg.mpg

Does your tutorial show how to record videos in WinUAE? I really want to do a couple for some people.

Squeak

MikeB said:
Actually all Amigas were fulll or hybrid (such as A500) 32-bit systems. That's why AmigaOS 3.1 (32-bit) works on all Amiga systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/68000
Yeah, I know, and so was any other 68000 equipped machine (Mac, MegaDrive, Atari ST etc.). But the bus was only 16bit and the graphics chip 6 bit (HAM mode was actually a cleverly compressed framebuffer).

Gowans

MikeB said:
@ Gowans007

Although the Amiga developers greatly disliked the Commodore management around the time of the company's demise, everything was dependent on the choices they made.

After Commodore's PC branch crash and bad Amiga bloopers (CDTV and A600) the company burned through its resources despite making profits (but not enough to save the company) on Amigas. Without leadership and direction the Amiga market crashed together with Commodore, but the Amiga never completely died as there still are Amiga developing companies and dealers. Even today there's still hope for an Amiga revival as can be judged from Amiga forums.

Yeah I kinda hung on with Amiga longer than most, I remember the final push with even a Amiga branded store with a wierd new logo opening in the area. Shame tho I had great times doing all my school work, messing around with Lightwave, video toaster and the Genlock my dad baught me, even had my 1200 pimped with a HD drive. Oh and my midi adapter for my keyboard. Man it made me a tech head, if it wasn't for that system I would be in a totally different job & field now.

I might have to check out all these new goings on in the Amiga forums Mike, if the new OS is a linux type thing that will run on my pc I'll totally check it out.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gowans007 said:
I also remember with my Amiga the Multitasking kicked arse in Workbench compared to anything else in its time.

What do you guys think was behind the Amiga death after it being so huge (especially in the UK) ?

The downfall of the Amiga was a cocktail of things:

- Upper management at Commodore not understanding and supporting R&D
- Bad decisions which sucked resources from elsewhere - eg. CDTV, A600, CD32 - which stopped the core Amiga chipset advancing at the speed it should of. Basically the Amiga lost it's edge.
- Piracy and the gap opening up between Amiga & PC development gave software publishers their way out
- And finally financial 'irregularities' by the president of Commodore - Medhi Ali - sealed it's fate.

Things were never quite the same after the Amiga died, the UK software industry especially. The Amiga was the cheap and powerful way in for a lot of talented artists, musicians and programmers. The whole Amiga scene just encouraged people to create stuff, think different and push the hardware to it's limits.

It was a great time.

MikeB

Banned
@ Red Scarlet

Does your tutorial show how to record videos in WinUAE? I really want to do a couple for some people.

The original article was written before this feature got added to WinUAE, but I did add many links to other tutorials which may cover this feature.

@ Gowans007

I might have to check out all these new goings on in the Amiga forums Mike, if the new OS is a linux type thing that will run on my pc I'll totally check it out.

Currently AmigaOS 4.0 is PPC only and is also intended for people with classic Amigas such as the A1200, A3000, A4000 upgraded with old 3rd party PPC expansion boards (~166 Mhz, 128 MB) and currently run on G3 / G4 AmigaOne developer systems (~600 Mhz - 1.2 Ghz, 256 MB minimum). New hardware is being worked on by various 3rd parties, but for anything mainstream IMO currently a Sony Playstation 3 holds the most potential as Sony is supportive of the idea and the PS3 Cell is PPC compatible.

A X86 port would still take quite a bit of additional work as the seamless 68k Amiga emulator is fully PPC optimised and some parts of the new Exec kernel as well.

If interested check out this old OS4 video (currently Intuition is even far more enhanced supporting drag & drop between screens and multi-directional dragging)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qSA-q1qniMY

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
This thread prompted me to look more into what was known about the AAA chipset, and found a document from the 1993 (!) Devcon by Dave Haynie which I'd never seen before:

http://www.thule.no/haynie/research/nyx/docs/AAA.pdf

Dave Haynie said:
Since the introduction of the original Amiga 1000 in 1985, there have been two major revisions of the Amiga chip set: ECS and AA. The ECS chip set introduced a minimally upgraded version of Agnus and Denise, while the AA chip set introduced more significant enhancements, including Lisa, a brand new Denise replacement. Despite the advantages wrought by AA, the AA chip set was still very much an evolution of the original Amiga chip set rather than anything revol utionary.. AA maintained most of the original features of Agnus and the entire Paula chip, changing only those things related to video display.

The AAA chip set is the first Amiga chip set to break from this original Amiga architecture. It is composed of four completely new full custom VLSI integrated circuits. It improves every aspect of the Amiga chip set’s performance, and its new architecture makes possible many things that could never be directly adapted to the original architecture in any practical sense.

1993!

The 1200 with the AA (aka AGA) chipset came out just a year earlier. Didn't realise it was that far along. No wonder finished boards were just lying around at the time Commodore went bankrupt. If only they hadn't been forced to focus on the CD32 ...

Lots I didn't know about it, such as the fact it was scaleable, supporting both DRAM and VRAM. And it could be set-up in a dual-AAA configuration for the high-end machines, for increased display options. Plus the other stuff I knew about - 16-bit sound, much faster blitter, full chunky pixel support, 16 bitplanes, 'hybrid' mode for 24-bit displays, 128 pixel wide sprites, improved copper. It even had built in video capture.

Wish we'd got to play with this before it all went tits up :(

Why did people stop wanting to buy games like this and rather buy assy 3d playground games? I love the graphics of nearly every game in this thread, and I didn't even play most of them. Does that still count as rose-tinted nostalgia goggles?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Munin said:
I too was one of the biggest fans of Commodore back when the Amiga 500 was at its peak. Lately I've considered buying one again, as well as a few games. But I'm unsure if the games still hold up well today. Are games like Disposable Hero and Ruff 'n Tumble still as playable?
Disposable Hero is still one of the best looking 2D games in my opinion, and one of the most interesting shooters as well. Artwork in that one was just so crazy. Strategic aspect of weapon development, even adventure aspect to some degree due to story and arrival of new ship... I loved that game and I still do.

Arguably the greatest baseball game ever, on any platform. Certainly the one I spent the most time with, followed by Tony LaRussa 2 on the PC.

255px-Earlweavercover.jpg

eweaver_2.gif

MikeB

Banned
FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE DOLLARS!!

;-)

In the good old days the Amiga was more expensive than that and was considered to be cheap especially considering its feature set. I think in a couple of months many gamers may change their views on the PS3, thinking they are getting their money's worth. It took the Amiga years to prove its added value in comparison to the Atari ST regarding gaming. At first the Amiga platform suffered from rather lackluster ST ports.

Desert Strike

desertstrike2.png

patches-desertstrike_6.jpg

desertstrike4.png

desertstrike6.png

desertstrike9.png

Apocalypse

apocalypse01.png

apocalypse02.gif

Simon the Sorcerer

scummvm3.jpg

15122002-20.jpg

Lemmings 2

48_lemmings_ii.JPG

Gods

Gods2.png

gods.gif

One of the best things about the Amiga was the magazine Amiga Power (the wiki entry). Funny, intelligent and so well written.

And their review policy actually made sense:

Wiki said:
"Giving something like SWOS [Sensible World of Soccer] 95% is utterly devalued if you also give, for example, Rise Of The Robots [a famously overhyped fighting game, rated 5% by the magazine] 92%. Percentage ratings are meaningless unless you use the full range, and you can't give credit where it's due if you're pretending that everything's good. What encouragement does that give developers to produce quality? They might as well knock it out at half the cost and in a third of the time if they're only going to get another 3% for doing it properly. Of course, the market will die much faster if people get continually stiffed by crap games, but hey - there's always another machine to move to and start the cycle again."

You don't see things like Stuarts review of International Rugby Challenge these days.

Stuart Campbell said:
LIFE'S A BITCH, THEN YOU PLAY INTERNATIONAL RUGBY CHALLENGE

International Rugby Challenge is bad. But exactly how bad is it? We decided to set up a scientific comparative test with some of the most-bad things we could think of in an attempt to find out precisely the scale of this software crime.

THE WAR IN BOSNIA
Hundreds of thousands of deaths, terrible atrocities committed in the name of 'ethnic cleansing', the disintegration of entire nations into endless warring factions pitting brother against brother and father against son.

Badness Rating: Not Nearly As Bad As International Rugby Challenge.

THE FAMINE IN SOMALIA
Hundreds of thousands of deaths, relief supplies being looted and plundered by corrupt officials, starving people being shot by the opposing sides in a prolonged and pointless civil war.

Badness Rating: Close To, But Not Quite As Bad As, International Rugby Challenge.

THE RODNEY KING BEATING
Slight speeding offence punished by life-threatening assault with heavily weighted sticks, perpetrated by four armed police officers against defenceless man lying motionless on the ground. Led to huge riots in Los Angeles area, causing millions of dollars' worth of damage and several deaths.

Badness Rating: Approximately Half As Bad As International Rugby Challenge.

DEPLETION OF THE OZONE LAYER
Wanton destruction of section of the planet's atmosphere by entire population. Causes increased incidence of skin cancer and global warming, which in turn brings on melting of the polar ice caps, causing widespread flooding of much of the world's arable land and hence massive food shortages. Combination of these effects almost certain to lead to complete eradication of human life on the planet within the next 200 years.

Badness Rating: Would cause death of Jeremy Beadle, therefore Still Not As Bad As International Rugby Challenge.

HAVING ELECTRODES ATTACHED TO YOUR GENITALS AND BEING FLOGGED SENSELESS WITH A KNOTTED ROPE
Self-explanatory, really.

Badness Rating: Actually, This One Probably Is As Bad As International Rugby Challenge. But It's A Close Thing.

UPPERS: The manual is slightly amusing, albeit useless as far as helping you play the game goes.

DOWNERS: We'd need the whole magazine.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Quite simply, the worst game I've seen since I started playing video games with Pong back in 1977 or thereabouts. I'm not exaggerating. In your worst nightmares, you couldn't even begin to imagine anything as appalling as this.
Half of the following score is for comedy value.

2 PERCENT

MikeB

Banned
Bad decisions which sucked resources from elsewhere - eg. CDTV, A600, CD32

I agree with regard to the A600 and CDTV, but the CD32 performed rather well in Europe. Sadly most "CD32 games" were unenhanced A500 re-releases.

From Wikipedia:

"Often regarded as a failure, the CD32 managed to secure over 50% of the fledgling CD-ROM market in the UK in 1993 and 1994 outselling the MegaCD, Philips CDi and even PC CD-ROM sales."

"Commodore was not able to meet demand for new units because of component supply problems. The success of the CD32 in Europe was not enough to save Commodore, and the bankruptcy of Commodore International in April 1994 caused the CD32 to be discontinued only months after its debut."

Lettuce

This thread reminds me ive got that Amiga Forever 6.0 package somewhere on my HD, haven't got a clue as to setting it up though. Anybody know of a step by step guide??

MikeB

Banned

MikeB

Banned
If only the A1200 would have been more like this by default:

amigafantasy.jpg

I guess Commodore was too busy "surviving" for the short run (default CD drive => higher price, fewer initial sales), however IMO for the long run however a CD drive by default would have greatly benefitted AGA games for both the A1200 and Amiga CD32 games console. Also some fastram (vs unified graphics/CPU chipram) by default wouldn't have hurt, this for developers being able to truly show off the faster 020 processor.

Only read two pages of this thread, but it sure does bring back memories. Most of these games I still have or are lost in time. (Amiga 500 still workin)

I played these games mostly for fun, like most of us do, but I never thought they were that popular among so many people.

Most of my friends had a SNES or some other console and were (few of them) never interrested in the games I had. But it's all I had, and they were great.

No longer I am a loner, there is a large Amiga community here and proud of it.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
MikeB said:
If only the A1200 would have been more like this by default:

amigafantasy.jpg

I guess Commodore was too busy "surviving" for the short run (default CD drive => higher price, fewer initial sales), however IMO for the long run however a CD drive by default would have greatly benefitted AGA games for both the A1200 and Amiga CD32 games console. Also some fastram (vs unified graphics/CPU chipram) by default wouldn't have hurt, this for developers being able to truly show off the faster 020 processor.

Hey I think you can help me with the following, I am trying to remember the title of a certain game on the Amiga 500. It was a totally awesome looking game, but I can't remember what it was called.

It's a side scroller, but not platformer. They went for the realistic approach, a bit like the Shadow of the Beast. The character you where playing was viking-like man who yielded a big axe. You had to fight monster by either swinging or throwing the axe. Well from what i can remember it is a fairly short game, 4 levels. It had topless female statues in the background in level 1 and the last level is totally diffrent as the others, because you are flying on a dragon (starfox style) thru a volcanic level.

This is pretty much all i can remember...

j^aws

I went through the C64/ Amiga era; and it was a fantastic gaming-age (pun intended).

It was sad to see the Amiga get out-flanked by the PC *and* consoles: Together with bad management and piracy; it was on it's death bed... especially after drinking that poisoned chalice of becoming a 'media hub'...

Hmm, these days, that 'pattern' sounds disturbingly familiar for another brand...

Squeak

I think having a HD and monitor as standard would have helped quite a bit when it became common on the PC and Mac around 88 - 90. That's one of the biggest reasons the Amiga got cast set as a console with a keyboard.
And in reality an unexpanded A500 was little more than that.
Default HD and monitor would have brought the price up to Mac and PC prices, but that wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing. It would have made people look at it like less of an expensive toy or bargain bin PC.

Later with the A1200, Commodore was way too conservative in their choice of hardware. Around 93 would have been the perfect time to introduce a new CPU (ARM, PowerPC etc.) than the ailing 68000 line. And maybe even some hardwired 3d transformation hardware in the chipset. They actually had all of this planned, management was just too damn slow and stupid to take the leap of faith.

Anyone here remembers a fighting game that also came out on the CD32? I think it was the only fighting game on the CD32, but that game hasn't been mentioned here ad I can't remember it, makes me crazy.

Superfrog said:
Body Blows / Ultimate Body Blows?

http://hol.abime.net/1797
:)

Yes, that's the one. Thank you.

EDIT:
After seeing those pics brings back memories. This game was a replacement for when i'm not in the mood to play SF2, yeah, that version from the other thread.

I was always making up combo counts since there was none here. I don't think I have it anymore :(

Kuran

Banned
StickyFingers said:
Anyone here remembers a fighting game that also came out on the CD32? I think it was the only fighting game on the CD32, but that game hasn't been mentioned here ad I can't remember it, makes me crazy.

Its either Body Blows or Dangerous Streets... so it must be Body Blows!

Kuran

Banned
Fighting Spirit has good graphics... I remember reading about its Italian developer in one of the last Amiga magazines... its a shame they didn't release anything earlier when the platform still had some leverage.

I also read that they were working on a top-down racing game which looked equally colorful, was that ever released? I can't find anything on Hall of Light.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
StickyFingers said:
Only read two pages of this thread, but it sure does bring back memories. Most of these games I still have or are lost in time. (Amiga 500 still workin)

I played these games mostly for fun, like most of us do, but I never thought they were that popular among so many people.

Most of my friends had a SNES or some other console and were (few of them) never interrested in the games I had. But it's all I had, and they were great.

No longer I am a loner, there is a large Amiga community here and proud of it.
There's not a huge Amiga community on GAF. This is mostly a US-centered console forum, and Amiga wasn't nearly as popular in the US as it was in Europe. Trust me, if you were from Europe, thoughts like you had wouldn't even cross your mind. Amiga was THE computer back then over there. Whole subcultures and ways of thinking formed around it.

j^aws said:
especially after drinking that poisoned chalice of becoming a 'media hub'...

Hmm, these days, that 'pattern' sounds disturbingly familiar for another brand...
You mean Microsoft and Sony? :O
It's the way of the future IMO. Everything is becoming a multifunctional hub these days. Amiga was just too early and not quite capable.

MikeB

Banned
@ Marconelly

Right here in Europe the Amiga had a great market share, for instance in Sweden the Amiga had a market share of 90% at some point. That's why Sweden today probably still host the biggest Amiga events and has several Amiga dealers.

Amiga 20th Birthday event held in Sweden (23rd of July 2005):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/features/index.php?op=r&cat_id=1&rev_id=130&sort_by

@ Thread

Ultimate Bod Blows and Body Blows Galactic were nice, but do you remember Team 17's first fighting game effort on the Amiga. Actually they were called Seventeen Bit Software / Team 7 International back then!

Full Contact

fullcontact.gif

2116_0.png

Intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOU5RphhFc8

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX59DZFZinA

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
MikeB said:
@ RamzaIsCool

Sounds like Unreal by Ubi Soft:

pegasus11.jpg

pegasus8.jpg

http://hol.abime.net/1819/screenshot

Nope it's not that game....

I think it had a pretty difficult name something in the veins of blablanarox. Now I think of it, it's better to decribe the main character as a barbarian. And the whole topless statue in the background thing is maybe the best clue on which game it is, don't think that many games had that. Oh well suppose it's time to dig up my old amiga stuff in the addic, because it's irritating I can't come up with the name....

Turrican3

Wonderful thread.

Amiga will always have a special place in my (gaming :D) heart, it was not only a very powerful videogames machine, but a nice productivity computer I still like today (that's the one and only reason I hope someday Amiga Inc. will allow a PS3 or PC port of AmigaOS 4.0 instead of attempting a revival of the platform with some unknown, proprietary, expensive motherboard...)

Practically every game you've mentioned had a magic feeling that I can rarely experience with today's titles... everything was shocking, the graphics was state-of-the-art, the music was excellent, what more could you want?

Well, a better company to market and develop the platform... and slightly less piracy would have helped, too.

PS: I'm at work now and cannot check Haynie's video, but IIRC the problem with CD32 production was simply the lack of money... Commodore ran out of funds and was unable to buy needed parts to build enough consoles. The demand was there anyway. Too bad... :-(

Superfrog

RamzaIsCool said:
Nope it's not that game....

I think it had a pretty difficult name something in the veins of blablanarox. Now I think of it, it's better to decribe the main character as a barbarian. And the whole topless statue in the background thing is maybe the best clue on which game it is, don't think that many games had that. Oh well suppose it's time to dig up my old amiga stuff in the addic, because it's irritating I can't come up with the name....
Probably it's System 3's MYTH?

ECS:
http://hol.abime.net/2541

CD32:
http://hol.abime.net/2542

Myth.jpg

Edit: Beaten :)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
MikeB said:
I agree with regard to the A600 and CDTV, but the CD32 performed rather well in Europe. Sadly most "CD32 games" were unenhanced A500 re-releases.

From Wikipedia:

"Often regarded as a failure, the CD32 managed to secure over 50% of the fledgling CD-ROM market in the UK in 1993 and 1994 outselling the MegaCD, Philips CDi and even PC CD-ROM sales."

"Commodore was not able to meet demand for new units because of component supply problems. The success of the CD32 in Europe was not enough to save Commodore, and the bankruptcy of Commodore International in April 1994 caused the CD32 to be discontinued only months after its debut."

The CD32 did well as it launched at a time when the Amiga was still very popular and people wanted it to do well at a time the Amiga was under attack from both the consoles and PC, but it would never have had legs. It was very much a last-ditch attempt to gain some sales. It was a terrible design, it meant R&D were still working on products based on the flawed AGA chipset when they should have been focussed on AAA. Also the new things the CD32 brought to the table (the chunky->planar conversion) were so underpowered as to be useless. I can remember all the hype about the CD32 being able to handle PC ports with ease, that was all rubbish.

And above all it was never backed by an inclusive strategy to move the Amiga platform as a whole to CD-ROM. The whole thing was just very ill-judged, and reeked of desperation by Commodore.

A lot of the grumblings after Commodore went bankrupt from R&D were that they were forced to work on that, rather than the next-gen AAA-based Amigas. If CD32 had never existed, we might have actually seen a AAA Amiga before Commodore went down the tubes ...

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
MikeB said:
@ RamzaIsCool

I know for sure now. Didn't take much notice of the naked statue. The game's name is Devliverance (Stormlord 2) and can be best compared to Gods.

http://www.amigachapterone.com/amiga/images/deliverance/deliverance_02.png (picture of naked woman, don't click unless over 18 ;-))

deliverance_01.png

deliverance_06.png

deliverance_07.png

http://hol.abime.net/312/screenshot

Yeah that's the one.... wow you are a walking Amiga encyclopedia! The funny thing is that for some odd reason I thought the dragon part was 3d, anyway thanks for finding the title, much appreciated. :)

My favourite beat ‘m up on the Amiga was that martial arts simulator. Again I totally forgot the name, but you start of in a village where you can walk to various locations like dojo (to spar), tournament building and I think a few other places. If you go to tournament you are pitted against various opponents from different martial arts. Everything from Kendo to Sumo wrestlers. I think it was point based, if you landed a hit you got a point and first one to 3 wins.

totally awesome nametag, thanks mods

Kuran

Banned
I'm thinking of getting a CD32 just because it'd take up less room compared to having my Amiga 500 set up with an extra monitor... is this a good idea? I would of course use my Amiga 500 joysticks instead of the CD32 pad..

My main question is, is it possible to hook a CD32 up to a Samsung HD tv with decent picture quality?

Top Bottom