• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Apple WWDC 2007 Thread

djkimothy

10:10AM - "Next up, got some great news about games: EA, number one publisher of games, is coming back to Mac in a BIG way." Bing Gordon, CCO and co-founder of EA is on stage. "Thank you Steve! I have two teenage daughters... they live on a MacBook. Our CTO lives on a Mac. We're seeing technologies move to Mac... what do they all want (in addition to a new Cinema display?)" Laughter. "They want to see games... we're going to rectify that." New games for Mac: C&C3, Battlefield 2142, NFS Carbon, and in July, Harry Potter (Phoenix). "He needs a wand, unlike Steve Jobs who just uses his imagination." Demo of Harry Potter on a Mac. Looks pretty good!

Do they know something we don't? :eek:

Phoenix

Damn.... Apple is going for the throat. If they taking gaming away from Windows.... what the hell is the point of running WIndows :)

yayaba

Phoenix said:
Damn.... Apple is going for the throat. If they taking gaming away from Windows.... what the hell is the point of running WIndows :)

I doubt it's exclusive ;) What about DX10?

djkimothy

10:14AM - "So the last couple of years at iD we've been working in secrecy on next-gen tech and a game for it... this is the first time we're showing anything we've done on it publicly." iD Tech 5... "What we've got here is the entire world with unique textures, 20GB of textures covering this track. They can go in and look at the world and, say, change the color of the mountaintop, or carve their name into the rock. They can change as much as they want on surfaces with no impact on the game."

10:16AM - "We're going to be showing on a Mac, PC, PS3, and Xbox at E3, we'll have another Mac announcement at E3." That was it? It was neat, but not really an "announcement."

GhaleonEB

When was the last time there was a big push for gaming on the Mac like this? (The last one I can recall was Halo debuting and Macword, but that's me.)

djkimothy

!!!

prominent active window
10:19 am Desktop is "more suited" to your own digital photos. The dock, more 3-D in nature, swoops out over new pictures, new semi-transparent menu bar, and "stacks" to clean up desktop.
10:19 am Dock sporting new 3D look
Stacks - all of us have messy desktops
10:19 am Looks transpararent in menu bar & Dock - dock is narrower

fse

10:21AM June 11, 2007 Whoa. Dock is reflective. Very cool effect hard to describe. Like reflection of trees in a lake.

wasting

Banned
dsc_5210.jpg

dsc_5211.jpg

Top Bottom