• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Z_Y

plagiarize said:
should be.

my xbox live vision cam IS RECOGNISED BY THE PS3.

That is all kinds of awesome and needs repeated. That was pretty much the only thing steering me towards the 360 version.

If my TRU has it in stock...I will picking up a copy today.

PSN ID = Z_Y

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Yar, I'll be playing tonight when I get home from work.

XBLGamertag: Mounlainman

add me up, looking forward to it.

As much as I disliked the demo, all of the praise from people who have the retail release has made me reconsider and give the game another chance. Plus I had a BB gift card and Reward Zone bucks to spend.

XBL: UnholySpectacle

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
danwarb said:
Both demos were 720p with 2xAA. PS3 had better foliage and Xbox 360 had slightly better reflections and texture filtering.
X360 demo actually had lower resolution maps for reflections, and texture filtering was different but not necessarily better. But when playing the game slight difference in framerate was the only perceptible thing. Everything else was only visible only if you examine static screenshots.

Joe211 said:
wow I hope my eyetoy will be recognize with this game
my eyetoy works with it so you should be good.

I'll be getting a headset as soon as I can find the one I want. BB didn't have it when i went to pick the game up so I have to wait a bit longer until I go to EB later.

Rowsdower

I'm so jealous you guys can hit Paradise City tonight together, but goddamnit, tell me how much fun you had anyway.

I'll stay here, pity myself and update PSNs and Gamertags.

Nightz

Just got my copy, along with Zack and Wiki for $18. Fun times ahead for me this week. :D 3 1/2 hours left at work though. :(

I have the PS Eye and a headset, so if anyone wants to play tonight, send me an invite.

PSN: N1ghtz

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am having an absolute blast with this. My daughter and I are taking some awesome pics with the Xbox Vision camera. And yes, I have the PS3 version.

Cedeo

burnout-paradise-2.jpg

Is that an illuminati sign I can see behind the writing in the circle?

as in

illuminati_pyramid_seeing_eye.gif

DenogginizerOS said:
I am having an absolute blast with this. My daughter and I are taking some awesome pics with the Xbox Vision camera. And yes, I have the PS3 version.
The xbox camera works on the ps3?

God I wish a had $60 for this game right now :/

Loudninja

DenogginizerOS said:

Hey, did you get your controller yet?
The xbox camera works on the ps3?

God I wish a had $60 for this game right now :

yep

j-wood

bune duggy said:
considering the box says "Number of Players: 1 (2-8 online)" I'm going to go with no.

I had my hope up because the gamespot page for the game had 1-2 players (1-8 online).

That is really weak. Why are racing games this generation not including split-screen multi-player? What am I supposed to do if I have a friend over and we want to race? Tell him to go buy a Ps3? Come on devs...

Just got done playing for about 3 hours, half offline and half online. Online rocks way harder unless you have one asshole who doesn't try to do the challenges.

So GAF, please add me: GT = MaizeRage25.

I'll be on later tonite. Headset, no camera (probably for the best).

bill0527

I need a camera badly.

I got 4 takedowns in a row on some dude and then it flashed a "response mugshot" or something like that on the screen and it was the dude giving me the middle finger. Awesome !!
I played about 30 minutes online and 30 off so far and its really a lot of fun. A camera would definitely add a lot to the game. I also need a mic badly, but I've got one on the way.

I love the integration how you can pop in and out of online immediately. There are a lot of little details I'm impressed with in the online mode, like when you start a race, it gives you some details on certain drivers like who's had the most takedowns, and other stuff. I just finished a race, where I ended up 4th, but it told me that I had taken the shortest route. Lots of little details and info.

I just wonder though, if the game has a lobby or some kind of matchmaking so that you can get some Gaffers in a race with you? Or is it completely random?

bill0527 said:
I just wonder though, if the game has a lobby or some kind of matchmaking so that you can get some Gaffers in a race with you? Or is it completely random?

I'm pretty sure you can do private matches.

Rowsdower

bill0527 said:

Well, if you want a GAF game get going, just host an online freeburn (not public) and invite them over from your friends list. Then set up a race, challenges, etc.

Rowsdower said:
Well, if you want a GAF game get going, just host an online freeburn (not public) and invite them over from your friends list. Then set up a race, challenges, etc.

When are you getting the game, tomorrow?

BPK

How are the race courses? I know it's a free-roaming city, but one of my favourite things from Revenge was the diversity on each track For example, Angel Pine had that awesome subway section, not to mention the ability to drive in the sewage part.

I think someone should set up a Gaf Burnout Silver account. I don't know if the "Clan" accounts are actually being used but it would be perfect for this game I would think.

Rowsdower

MaizeRage25 said:
When are you getting the game, tomorrow?

I hope so, it's on its way since 11 this morning, and my games arrive normally the next day.
You better look forward to see my grinning face on your screen as i wreck the shit out of your ride :D .

Rowsdower said:
I hope so, it's on its way since 11 this morning, and my games arrive normally the next day.
You better look forward to see my grinning face on your screen soon as i wreck the shit out of your ride :D .

Don't worry, I'm practicing all nite.

Dante

Getting either tonight or tomorrow.

PSN: Jenovah

EDIT FL might be full, but I've been meaning to free up some spots tonight by deleting peeps I never see online.

FatalT

Banned
This game is so awesome. I've been doing the challenges in Free Burn all day. I picked up the Xbox 360 version.

Gamertag: FatalT

Rowsdower

Since i cleared pretty much all of my friends list a week ago i got plenty of space. I'll send you 360 crowd some friend requests, but i won't be able to play until tomorrow.
You'll hear from me (GT: mahelar).

I got the PS3 version and have been playing it for a bit.

first thing that I hate is how there doesnt seem to be anyway to change how you control the game. Ive been playing Burnout for years now with X as accelerate and now I have to use the shitty R2/L2 on the PS3? that is really lame.

Other thing I dont really like so far is how the entire area you can drive around in is forgettable, there isnt really anything that I can find in the area and know exactly where I am at that moment.

and psn: Linkzg64

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I don't like the races since they don't have guards. I went way off track and said "fuck it" and haven't played a race in the two hours since.

everything else is fun though. Road rage is still a bit easy at this point (I got 28 takedowns on my second road rage) but just driving around is fun. I miss the distinct locals and races of old, but whatever. I'll get used t it once I learn the roads.

Xun

Iamthegamer said:
I don't like the races since they don't have guards. I went way off track and said "fuck it" and haven't played a race in the two hours since.

everything else is fun though. Road rage is still a bit easy at this point (I got 28 takedowns on my second road rage) but just driving around is fun. I miss the distinct locals and races of old, but whatever. I'll get used t it once I learn the roads.
It does give you a suggestion as to where to go with the compass and road names, try using that if you're lost.

Top Bottom