• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Gary Whitta said:
So after the fears caused by the demo, the consensus on release is that it's great? I'm probably going to pick up a copy in a bit.

I am going through amazon as we speak to buy this title! :D

TeTr1C

This game rules so far. Just got it earlier this afternoon and have just been cruisin' around smashing barriers, doing a few races and marked mans here and there, and getting new cars.

BuriedOblivion is my name on XBL and on PSN. My brother got it for PS3, so you can add that name too if you're looking for people to play with.

Plissken

Wait wait wait. No split-screen multiplayer? That's almost a deal breaker for me. I enjoy online gaming, but for me multiplayer is much more fun when both people are in the same room. Very sad to hear this.

Agent X

Gary Whitta said:
So after the fears caused by the demo, the consensus on release is that it's great? I'm probably going to pick up a copy in a bit.

That's what I'm curious about. I'd like to hear from anyone who disliked the demo, but took a chance on getting the full game and found it to be much better, what (specifically) is better about the full game over the demo that turned it around for you.

I'd also like to know if you can turn off incoming camera images from other users, or at least filter them so they only come from people on your buddy list (or better yet, a specific subset of your buddy list).

atomsk

Party Pooper
my friend wants me to get the 360 version so we can play online

he has a ps3, but only buys exclusive games for it.

argh

Kingpen

DenogginizerOS said:
I am having an absolute blast with this. My daughter and I are taking some awesome pics with the Xbox Vision camera. And yes, I have the PS3 version.

I'd like to hear your comparisions directly to Burnout Revenge 360, which I know you were a fan of. You think you'll still play Revenge with this, and if so, does playing Paradise make it hard graphically to go back to Revenge?

Erebus

Sorry if that's already answered but what exactly can you do in online multiplayer except for challenges (like in the demo)?

Can you set-up actual races or even tournaments?

Dumb question - do the "checkmarks" over completed events disappear when you change vehicles? The game is really fun, but the UI and lack of a retry are very, very annoying.

Going to pick the game up now!
Have mic/camera, although I have yet to use the mic that came with Warhawk so I'll need to figure out how to set it up first, if it requires any setting up that is.

PSN: minimumhippo

does anyone know when those sixaxis/DS3 trigger caps will come out? my index finger is actually hurting from having to use these terrible pedal buttons so much.

Xun

Linkzg said:
does anyone know when those sixaxis/DS3 trigger caps will come out? my index finger is actually hurting from having to use these terrible pedal buttons so much.
But doesn't the controller have arguably superior triggers? Why are you complaining?

Sorry, I just had to.

B-Ri

Linkzg said:
you have soem very prissy fingers then. The 2's work excellently.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
PSN: dark1x

Actually really enjoying it thus far. Once you start to get into the whole open world design, it really takes off. My only complaint is the weak soundtrack (if only custom soundtracks were in the PS3 version). :(

I was also surprised that, at my local shop, they had nearly sold out of the PS3 version (only one copy left) but they had a whole crate of 360 copies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
dammitmattt said:
Dumb question - do the "checkmarks" over completed events disappear when you change vehicles? The game is really fun, but the UI and lack of a retry are very, very annoying.
The game resets all of your wins when your license is upgraded.

B-Ri said:
you have soem very prissy fingers then. The 2's work excellently.

I have human fingers that werent meant to hold down these awkwardly placed buttons for this long. If they were a little bit longer then that would have been good, if they had been bent up at the end, that would have also been good. As they are now, they suck for this game when they are required to be held down in long periods.

this wouldent have been a problem if for some stupid reason they didnt take away options in control choice. Every other burnout game lets me play with X = accelerate, but they had to take away that away and make the option menu useless considering you barely have any choices.

the game is really fun tho.

Remy

Sorry if that's already answered but what exactly can you do in online multiplayer except for challenges (like in the demo)?

Can you set-up actual races or even tournaments?

There are 350 challenges, and yes, races. You can set up multiple race round to make a tournament. Check my impressions a few pages back for more details.

They clear (except for Burning Routes) when you get to the next license level.

burgerdog

I don't have a ps3 yet, otherwise I'd be getting it for that instead. I'm amazed, maybe developers will actually try to give a shit about their ps3 version now? The amount of people getting this over the x360 version is insane.

DeadGzuz

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Used the Best Buy coupon like a charm. Thanks again for the help. Got if for PS3.

PSN: CartridgeBlower

I forgot that coupon expires 1/31. Damn I was going to hold out, but I have $30 in BB cards, that makes it... $20. Must resist...

Just got finished playing it for about 2 hours. wow, it's great. I've been in three races and won one. It's so easy to get lost while you're racing...I'm glad the cars have turn signals though. helpful, but really only if you car has a good turning radius. Otherwise you just end up spinning and pointing the wrong way. I've unlocked three cars so far, one of which was the "find it and kill it" variety. Funny thing is, though, it found me and I accidentally crashed it by missing a turn. :lol

I had a street challenge pop up and I had no idea what to do, but there was a clock and it was counting down so I took off. I lost, whatever that means. Guess I have to RTFM or something. :)

oh yeah, the coupon worked for me. It was the same cashier I've used it on all of the previous times too. My son even spilled his milk on it and made the ink run but she took it anyway. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
dammitmattt said:
Why would it do that?!? That makes no sense to me...
So you can try the same races at higher difficulties and get the wins so they count towards upgrading your license?

Oh shit, this game is fucking amazing.:D
I love the "Burnout Challenges" (aka Achievements) I am glad they put those in the PS3 version.
The demo is a pile of shit compared to the full game.

Anyone else having a hard time getting their Steel Wheels pre-order code to work? All the store codes were fine. Should I be entering the SW pre-order code in the same place?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I am getting 360 version, need more love! My gamertag is VOOK - add me !!!

kiun

krypt0nian said:
Anyone else having a hard time getting their Steel Wheels pre-order code to work? All the store codes were fine. Should I be entering the SW pre-order code in the same place?

i believe u need to obtain a certain license, in addition to the code, to unlock it

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ahh this thread makes me want this game! The demo was fun, except the lack of content but I know it isn't like that in the full game. I'm getting No More Heroes tomorrow and DMC4 in Feb so I doubt I'll have time for this. If I were to get this should I get the PS3 or 360 version? I'm surprised how many more people bought the PS3 version, it's rare for a multiplatform game. :p

when entering the Steel Wheels code, don't forget to put the spaces. And it's more than likely a zero instead of a capital "o", make sure you try both. And it has to be uppercase because otherwise it won't work (I put the code in each of these ways before it worked). and yes, it is entered in the same place.

couldn't get that other code to work for that foreign car. oh well, maybe it's exclusive.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
krypt0nian said:

You also have to put the spaces in. Took me 3 tries before I realized this. It'll unlock it, but you can only use the car online until you get your "Burnout License" in the game.

edit: Beaten!

tha_con

Banned
Xun said:
But doesn't the controller have arguably superior triggers? Why are you complaining?

Sorry, I just had to.

For racing games, I would say the sixaxis has better triggers, if only because the tension is lower, therefore it's easier to stay 'gassed' longer, the 360 triggers tend to burn you out a bit quicker.

For shooters, however, 360 pad is champ, bar none.

That said, this game is amazing. SO much better than the demo leads on to believe, ESPECIALLY the online multi player.

"These are the players you need to look out for". Freaking win.

And getting high scores is MUCH more fun when you don't have to worry about idiots trying to hit you all the time. Though, I have to admit, it's just as much fun losing somone who's in hot pursuit of you and can't seem to catch up. Especially when they're chasing you after you hit them.

Tip: Parking Garages = perfect take down setup.

Top Bottom