• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

rezuth

Firestorm said:
I'm just curious but can people outside the US watch the links from thedailyshow.com? I know Canadians can't, but I'm not too sure about Europe, Australia, Asia, etc.
We have Comedy Central in Sweden so that might be we I can watch it :)

APF said:
I just like to be able to post on-topic musings without the entire thread turning into the "jump on APF" show. If I'm cagey it's because I always get the sense people are constantly searching for reasons to disagree with me.

I know though, it's because I'm constantly so horribly wrong! And you can't stand for someone being Wrong On The Internet. But still.

No, it's because you're a contrarian, and I think you've stated as such, so people will naturally argue with you.

This thread has its pinatas; you, Jaydubya, Gaborn, and others. I think mAcOdIn used to be one, before people realized he is sane. Gaborn has dropped out, and JD is fading. That leaves you.

You're sane, though. Please stick around.

Gruco

Banned
"Pussy" isn't really my reaction. I see two possibilities. 1) is that Cramer actually believes what he is saying there and as such is even dumber than everyone already thought, or 2) CNBC has decided this is the best tact to take to save face and as such is following marching orders. The format of the interview (viewer submitted questions) is perfect to allow him to make absurd claims and not get called out on them and further embarassed.

Gruco said:
"Pussy" isn't really my reaction. I see two possibilities. 1) is that Cramer actually believes what he is saying there and as such is even dumber than everyone already thought, or 2) CNBC has decided this is the best tact to take to save face and as such is following marching orders. The format of the interview (viewer submitted questions) is perfect to allow him to make absurd claims and not get called out on them and further embarassed.

He has a big ego and people on TV who have big egos don't like to be made to look foolish. Hell people not on TV with big egos don't like to be made to look foolish. It really is that simple.

Tamanon

Banned
It's pretty simple. Cramer is acting as the martyr for CNBC. Making it look like a personal vendetta between Stewart and Cramer, as opposed to a critique of the entire financial news industry's role in things. That's much tougher to control.

It's like the Tucker Carlson thing. I mean Crossfire got cancelled, but the general concept of the show got melded into every news broadcast with the 2 partisan sides for every issue.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
My immediate reaction of calling him a pussy is because if he thought this during the Stewart interview, he should have spoken his piece. Instead he acted like someone who was contrite and intent on changing things on his show.

Whatever miniscule amount of respect or pity I have for him is gone.

dLMN8R

Confession: I've watched every single episode of the Colbert Report. Ever. I've watched every single episode of The Daily Show as well, since the Colbert Report started, and maybe a year or two before that too.

:lol

God damn I love both of these shows. Screw everyone who thinks it needs to be a battle of which show is "better" than the other. They're two totally different shows with two totally different presentations and styles. They're each awesome in their own right!

Socreges

Banned
APF said:
I just like to be able to post on-topic musings without the entire thread turning into the "jump on APF" show. If I'm cagey it's because I always get the sense people are constantly searching for reasons to disagree with me.

I know though, it's because I'm constantly so horribly wrong! And you can't stand for someone being Wrong On The Internet. But still.
If you say contentious things in an absolute way in a thread that is specifically catered toward fans which would naturally have a more favourable perspective against the shit that you say....... god forbid that a couple people reasonably challenge your claims? At least you´ve admitted that you´re a bit cagey, and I´m not surprised you´d be so since you´ve presented a sustained opposition to popular political opinion here. If you´re not a contrarian by nature, you are by constant circumstance, and I can´t imagine what that does to someone´s perception of their own (GAF) persona.

Tamanon

Banned
Good lord what a scary ring.

Yeah, John McCain's not going to like his daughter admitting to having a sex life.:lol

explodet

Cenac's Obama/Cosby Show piece is probably the best thing he's done so far.
His Cosby imitation could use a bit of work, but it was still hilarious.

explodet said:
Cenac's Obama/Cosby Show piece is probably the best thing he's done so far.
His Cosby imitation could use a bit of work, but it was still hilarious.

Maybe...I quite liked his investigation into..Sweden I think? Using the gals as an economic model, the massages, running like crazy....it just worked so well and was a 2 parter if memory serves.

Tamanon

Banned
Goddamn, that Gitmo segment was depressing.

THESE MILITARY OFFICERS DO NOT WANT TO BE NEAR TERRORISTS

Thank god there's not a war going on then.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
:lol @ Gingrich trying to say that one massive government operation is inherently different than another.

Firestorm

ElectricThunder said:
Maybe...I quite liked his investigation into..Sweden I think? Using the gals as an economic model, the massages, running like crazy....it just worked so well and was a 2 parter if memory serves.
Haha yeah I loved that one.

Milabrega

ElectricThunder said:

Yeah that was great.

Tamanon said:
Newt is kinda getting a bit eviscerated here.

I didn't think so, he let Newt go on for quite some time, though the dumb and dumber response was good.

Tamanon

Banned
Milabrega said:
Yeah that was great.

I didn't think so, he let Newt go on for quite some time, though the dumb and dumber response was good.

Yeah, but that was the point, Stewart wasn't directly talking over him, he was basically laying out the counterarguments clearly and Newt had to completely avoid them.

Tamanon

Banned
YES! They're covering the moat cleaning episode.

30dedfc.gif

"Have you ever dug a trough around anything? Well I have! Because I'm British!":lol

Thomper

I know this is a Daily Show thread, but Colbert Report stuff is relevant, too, and this was pretty interesting:
tweet-21.jpg

So Colbert is going to Iraq, he's going next month, and... Sarah Palin will be part of it. Interesting.

Top Bottom