• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the official drakensang thread of of of of of JESUS CHRIST GERMAN RPG (now on steam)

firex said:
So does it also include the standard dialogue trees typical to BG style WRPGs? and for that matter, do I get to be an asshole to people, or is it just "I am a good guy, I will do this lawfully good deed for you and reject all rewards/I am a bad guy, I will kill you and take the reward" stuff? Not that this would take away from the dungeon crawling, but I'd hate to have a crappy dialogue system foisted on me.

it's very typical. it doesn't really have good/evil options per se, since i don't think the game tracks your behavior in that way; it just lets you use skills to get more information or goodies through conversation, or lets you choose browbeating instead of diplomacy.

andymcc

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
Drinky, I'd support DQ5, FE, and some of the other games if it weren't for the fact I'm BROKE.

me too. well, that and sfiv is going to take precedent over anything else.

Zenith

Banned
[ah hur hur hur imagine that here's a stupid picture from some unemployed teenboy twat that reads: DRAKENSANG NEOGAF OFFICIAL THREAD!!!!!]

[imagine some pictures of fuck i dunno whatever you want the game to be in your crazy fevered little head, like i fuckin' care]

anyway, who picked up drakensang for the pc on friday? i sure did! is it good? yeah!

ah, fuck, here's a random screenshot to establish context. i have no idea how some of you have the fortitude to assemble actual official threads. there's not a single game i like enough to even google more than one screenshot for.

Wow, you sell it so well. This is my first contact with the game but your OP alone is enough to convince me to make it my last.

White Man

Even on low settings (cry 8400gs) the game doesn't look bad. I like what I played. Everywhere in the area is sold out. First PC game in a while that I want that hasn't had digital distribution. For shame.

Durante

bounchfx said:
one ugly ass picture you decided to show in the OP
It's certainly not doing the game any favours. Here's a screenshot I took of the very start:
350537o.jpg

(Note that this was beforeinstalling the (official) high res texture pack so it looks even better now)

Zzoram

White Man said:
Even on low settings (cry 8400gs) the game doesn't look bad. I like what I played. Everywhere in the area is sold out. First PC game in a while that I want that hasn't had digital distribution. For shame.

I hope it goes to Steam. Retailers barely carry PC games anymore, and only order 1-2 copies when they do.

bounchfx

please, enough with the pictures.. :\ I was interested in the game from the description but the more you show me the less interested i'm getting. I'll give it a go but I'm not expecting to be wowed or even partially impressed by the graphics, at least not going by those two pictures.

oh well, I do enjoy fun.

bounchfx said:
please, enough with the pictures.. :\ I was interested in the game from the description but the more you show me the less interested i'm getting. I'll give it a go but I'm not expecting to be wowed or even partially impressed by the graphics, at least not going by those two pictures.

oh well, I do enjoy fun.

Crap guys, watch out he is almost not interested!

dionysus

Yaldog
Zzoram said:
I hope it goes to Steam. Retailers barely carry PC games anymore, and only order 1-2 copies when they do.

Best Buy has more PC games than any other single console, at least in my area.

i'll post a couple screens off my laptop later. the graphics are much better than the wii crap y'all jizzbomb over. only visual complaint is the crappy jell-o water that euro devs seem to love so much.

dionysus said:
Best Buy has more PC games than any other single console, at least in my area.

I am pretty sure that's not even remotely true at my BB. I think in terms of games-on-shelf, the order is something like DS > 360 > Wii > PC > PS2 > PS3 > PSP at mine.

Durante

bounchfx said:
please, enough with the pictures.. :\ I was interested in the game from the description but the more you show me the less interested i'm getting.
For some reason, this tempts me to start up the game, take a ton of pictures and post them here. For now, another older one must suffice:
69jrfa.jpg

Drek

Dragona Akehi said:
Considering Tolkein simply rips off Teutonic and Scandinavian mythology wholesale, I don't know if you can blame the Germans on this one. Tolkein was a wannabe.
Um, wasn't that more or less his goal?

To do an effectively "rewrite" of the English folklore lost from the Norman invasion? After all, prior to the Normans the island's culture had more similarities with that of Scandinavia than continental Europe.

Tolkien wasn't really much of a novelist, he was a folklorist and a good one at that. His old English translations and interpretations really set the framework in which early works of fiction (like Beowulf) are now viewed in. I don't think he'd give much disagreement that he borrowed heavily from the Kalevala and multiple other older folklore sources, since his direct goal was to recreate lost English folklore with as much stylistic accuracy as possible while still using contemporary english as the medium.

livestOne

Drinky post your laptop specs, I got a sneaking suspicion those were yours posted in the op. If so then I'll definitely give the demo a try on my laptop.

NIN90

livestOne said:
Drinky post your laptop specs, I got a sneaking suspicion those were yours posted in the op. If so then I'll definitely give the demo a try on my laptop.

The pic has a watermark....

Minsc

Gold Member
Now that you had to go and make this damned convincing thread, I can't ignore the game much longer. Everything sounds pretty nice, just wish it was easier to get a copy of the game.

Nice of them to cut to the chase right away on the price like that though, $29.99 already, even less if you want to wait a long time from amazon (wtf 2-5 week wait). Ordered it anyway, hopefully it ships sooner.

How's the voice acting & writing?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Minsc said:
Now that you had to go and make this damned convincing thread, I can't ignore the game much longer. Everything sounds pretty nice, just wish it was easier to get a copy of the game.

Nice of them to cut to the chase right away on the price like that though, $29.99 already, even less if you want to wait a long time from amazon (wtf 2-5 week wait). Ordered it anyway, hopefully it ships sooner.

How's the voice acting & writing?

Key thing for me.

I had completely spaced this out, and that it is running on 8400 would make it a perfect game while I wait on my RMA. Is there no DD source?

pilonv1

man fuck australia, no idea when this is out.

drinky: so if I choose a melee class, will my clicking finger die from continual use or is there like an auto attack for non-special moves?

also how viable is the burglar class? they're always my favourite class of choice but usually result in any level 1 creature raping my character repeatedly until I get some help.

going to get the demo tonight, hope my laptop (C2D 2.0ghz, 3.something gb of ram, 512mb 7600go) can handle this at reasonable settings

pilonv1 said:
man fuck australia, no idea when this is out.
same for europe. no releasedate. thq published in the US, eidos in europe. at least eidos were supposed to be publishing, I can't remember them sending out any press release or announcement shit for it ever though.

Would it be an option to play the original german version of this game, when your knowledge of the german language is reasonably good? I see that this version is freely available on www.amazon.de for €25.

Aeana

I'm really surprised at how decently the demo runs on medium with my computer (6800GS, 2GB RAM, P4 3GHz). It's not perfect, but it's very acceptable. I might pick the full game up later on.

you click once to select a target for a melee user. attacks are automatic every couple seconds until a new target is chosen. i am playing a rogue and i am enjoying it -- rogues have good combat skills and a plethora of useful abilities outside of combat. i butchered critters just fine with her in the early game.

pilonv1

Drinky Crow said:
you click once to select a target for a melee user. attacks are automatic every couple seconds until a new target is chosen. i am playing a rogue and i am enjoying it -- rogues have good combat skills and a plethora of useful abilities outside of combat. i butchered critters just fine with her in the early game.

:hyper

what sort of non-combat skills do they have?

Once again, Drinky Crow brings real truth to the unwashed and unlearned masses. We are truly unworthy to look upon his majesty and glory, we can but receive the fine gifts from our German brothers and pretend but for a day that we are even a tenth of our Lord and Savior.

Zzoram

It's pretty awesome how EU developers are keeping the PC RPG alive, while the good NA ones have migrated to console-land.

Red Scarlet

Well it is made by Germans, they make good stuff. I've got the demo but I'm not going to mess with it till next weekend probably.

SRG01

White Man said:

WM, you can use the new DOX 181.20 drivers to overclock your notebook's 8400GS. Things look pretty good at 800x600 windowed.

CabbageRed said:
I had completely spaced this out, and that it is running on 8400 would make it a perfect game while I wait on my RMA. Is there no DD source?

Already answered earlier in the thread. This game currently has NO DD source at the moment. Only option is B&M (Best Buy this week).

So I installed the demo, and I was surprised how good it looks, and how well it runs on my PC. The character models in particular are very well done. Also, I enjoyed the relaxed, unhurried feel of the whole game (both the adventuring and the combat), even the running pace of the characters is pretty slow (which I like). The whole number-crunching behind the DSA (Das Schwarze Auge) system is pretty impenetrable, though...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've got a pretty old computer (P4 3.8 GHz) but I have upgraded to 2GBs of RAM and a much better vid card recently. I just might bite!

straydog1980 said:
can my computer run this?

Pentium Dual Core 2.0ghz
3 gig ram
onboard graphics media accelerator 4500m

not really, the 4500m isn't a bad integrated graphics card, but it's gonna still be 10-15 fps on low settings. try the demo and see!

Top Bottom