• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Folklore/Folksoul Thread - One fantasy can transform a million realities

u_neek

I just ordered this game over Heavenly Sword. I've been looking forward to both for a long time but the game world and atmosphere of Folklore seems too cool to miss out on.

u_neek said:
I just ordered this game over Heavenly Sword. I've been looking forward to both for a long time but the game world and atmosphere of Folklore seems too cool to miss out on.

I agree, the atmosphere of Folklore is wonderful and this game deserves more love.

I preordered too, hope it will arrive soon!! :D (in europe folklore will be available on 12 october..)

kallisto76 said:
I agree, the atmosphere of Folklore is wonderful and this game deserves more love.

I preordered too, hope it will arrive soon!! :D (in europe folklore will be available on 12 october..)
I would preorder this now, its a good price online at £32.99 however with the postal strike i wont see it for upto two weeks after launch. Im going to chance it and pop into town and see how much they want for it there i hope its only £39.99 but you never know with shops like game etc.

u_neek said:

Both are fantastic experiences on the PS3...they are quite QUITE different of course but both wonderful.

Dante

Damnit my EB not getting Folklore and Orange Box until Wed, why are they so damn inconsistant with releases :(

I sooooooo wanted to play this tonight. :(

Dante said:
Damnit my EB not getting Folklore and Orange Box until Wed, why are they so damn inconsistant with releases :(

I sooooooo wanted to play this tonight. :(

Thats what their policy is lol

The game "Ships" on the day before, in this case being the 9th, and is avaliable (So long as you've pre-ordered it...Fucking Gamestop FTL) on the next "street date" or the 10th.

And for anyone who cares I have started up a blog and am filling it with my past posts. This has been maddening since the site doesn't follow the same HTML as NeoGAF...It should be ready by the posting of my next PM.

Dante

XHitoshuraX said:
Thats what their policy is lol

The game "Ships" on the day before, in this case being the 9th, and is avaliable (So long as you've pre-ordered it...Fucking Gamestop FTL) on the next "street date" or the 10th.

And for anyone who cares I have started up a blog and am filling it with my past posts. This has been maddening since the site doesn't follow the same HTML as NeoGAF...It should be ready by the posting of my next PM.

But why do some games ship Monday and others Tuesday?

Aeon712

Sutdawg I hope you had better luck then me, Like I though Bestbuy didn't get it today though I had hope.

Pazuzu

Banned
TrueReligion said:
Does the Asian/Japanese version have an English option? I prefer that box art and name over the NA one.

Asian one does, Japanese doesn't.

Having alot of fun with this! Beautiful and underrated, can't be said enough.

I'm still at Chapter 1 with Ellen but I'm already loving this game. The story seems like it'll get very, very interesting although I'm not a huge fan of the comic book style storytelling. It's disorienting for a dramatic conversation to be marred by these energetic quick cuts and boring text. I wish they would have either went with traditional cutscenes or just a different method of storytellig in general. Gameplay wise its pretty awesome and the game overall is extremely atmospheric.

patsu

I just got my copy too. It's a little heavier due to the thick game manual :)
Haven't gotten to play with it yet.

Dante

AgentOtaku said:
oh sweet blissful joy :D

....oh and remeber to "install" kids :D

Is that from the main menu? I saw the option there does it speed up load times?

Loving it so far!

I really dig going back and forth between Ellen and Keats to see the different perspectives.

Dante said:
Is that from the main menu? I saw the option there does it speed up load times?

Loving it so far!

I really dig going back and forth between Ellen and Keats to see the different perspectives.

yes it speeds up loadtimes....disc installs approx 1gig of gamedata to your HDD

tehbear

I didn't get to play this one till late, and now I have to do the usual posting on GAF before sleeping for work tomorrow >_<

Initial impressions:
* Wow the music is even better than I expected, I am really digging it.
* The scenery in the town is pretty nice too, wasn't expecting too much there. Reminds me of adventure games from the old days.
* It starts pretty slow, and felt even slower without voice acting. First time in awhile that I had to read ;)
* Monsters are really weird, I knew the stylistic direction given the demo, but it definitely has one of the strangest looking group out there. A few of them are generic and have useless attacks though. I get this feeling that they look far more intimating than they actually are.

Can't wait to dig into more of it tomorrow.

Made it through the first area with Keats.

-Music is great, very atmospheric.
-Bored at the beginning, but it got better.
-The "grinding" to level up isnt tedious, at least to me.

One downside I found is that when pulling souls, it doesnt automatically pull those around you, just whats on screen. That sorta makes it frustrating when you have to move just to pull the monster next to you.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Im loving it, just started playing with Elle
I know from the demo Keats can "transform and do uber special moves" does ellen have some sort of special moves or is it folkmoves only with her?

Is it just me, or is the sound pretty soft on this? I have to turn my amp all the way up to 35, while other games just need 18.

gamerecks said:

One downside I found is that when pulling souls, it doesnt automatically pull those around you, just whats on screen. That sorta makes it frustrating when you have to move just to pull the monster next to you.

the mechanic is odd at first, but I actually found how to work with it....essentially when you wanna pull multiple souls, you obviously have to make sure the folks are in close proximity of each other BUT ALSO make sure Keats/Ellen is actually facing the entire group....I actually like this because it makes you not just mash but actually make an effort to get them in just the right position, with flanking them and such....
Its certainly a small thing, but I think it adds alot and makes things feel not so automated...

SaitoH

Tiduz said:
Im loving it, just started playing with Elle
I know from the demo Keats can "transform and do uber special moves" does ellen have some sort of special moves or is it folkmoves only with her?

Is it just me, or is the sound pretty soft on this? I have to turn my amp all the way up to 35, while other games just need 18.

Her "special move" is her ability to change costumes. They add various attributes and look spiffy.

AgentOtaku said:
the mechanic is odd at first, but I actually found how to work with it....essentially when you wanna pull multiple souls, you obviously have to make sure the folks are in close proximity of each other BUT ALSO make sure Keats/Ellen is actually facing the entire group....I actually like this because it makes you not just mash but actually make an effort to get them in just the right position, with flanking them and such....
Its certainly a small thing, but I think it adds alot and makes things feel not so automated...

Yeah, im getting used to it. It is satisfying though to set up a big group to pull them all at once.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gamerecks said:

Use the lock on function (L1). U can switch targets with the D-pad IIRC. You dont need to hold L1 btw. Just press once to lock on. Press again to unlock.

Really can't wait... I had to fight the urge to pick this up at the store yesterday... Holding off for the TRU sale so I'll have it Sunday.

Anybody know if there is/is there going to be an artbook for this game?

Aeon712

Finished Ellen's prologue last night before Resistance and Keats just now. I'm having just as much fun with it as I did with Heavenly Sword. The comic storytelling doesn't bother me much but then again I read the Naruto manga weekly. I plan on going chapter for chapter with Ellen and then Keats so that one's story doesn't jump ahead of the other. Off to do chapter 1 with Ellen now :D

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Finished Ellen's prologue last night before Resistance and Keats just now. I'm having just as much fun with it as I did with Heavenly Sword. The comic storytelling doesn't bother me much but then again I read the Naruto manga weekly. I plan on going chapter for chapter with Ellen and then Keats so that one's story doesn't jump ahead of the other. Off to do chapter 1 with Ellen now :D

I plan on going chapter for chapter with Ellen and then Keats also.

Aeon712

Sin said:
Just got the EU retail version, disappointed that the booklet is in black & white. ; ;
You mean like the Folks and pictures? If so then the NA version is in color. We also got behind the cover art again like in Heavenly Sword with Ellen, Keats and a bunch of Folks.

sutdawg said:
I plan on going chapter for chapter with Ellen and then Keats also.
Dante said:
Same here I alternate back and forth between chapters.
You would think reviewers would do the same thing instead of docking points for knowing whats going to happen.

Sin

Aeon712 said:
You mean like the Folks and pictures? If so then the NA version is in color. We also got behind the cover art again like in Heavenly Sword with Ellen, Keats and a bunch of Folks.

Yea, I mean folks and pictures and everything. Behind the cover art is there in the EU version also.

Top Bottom