• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Forza Motorsport 2 Custom Liveries Parade

Cahill

Banned
Here's my first early work in progress w/ the game. Started it yesterday. Still nowhere near done w/ the hood and nose yet. Then I still have to do the sides. Hope to have it done by the end of the week maybe.

This pic taken in the editor seem to really flatten out colors (compared to what they look like in-game) and the cars lose most of the gloss it seems. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

reaper1.jpg

NinSoX

Banned
:lol Brandon, it would be perfect if you could use it when it gets confirmed...

I want to make a "Riddddge Racer, it's Ridge Racer...599 US dollars" car.

m0dus said:
I'm going to auction one of them off. But I have NO clue how to properly set up said auction . . . :lol

It's really easy. Just paste the paint job onto the car you're getting rid of. That will make that car your selected car, though so just randomly "Get In" (it's in the menu) a different car. Select the car you want to auction and auction it.

Make sure you lock the art (last thing on the list) and everything else is up to you.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I would gift one of those cars to Kojima, auction one and then keep the design for yourself. It's crazy what you are doing Modus. I haven't even touched most of the livery but you give me hope. :)

m0dus said:
no no, that' part's easy enough.

I'm talking about setting things like featured item, and a buyout price.

As I was writing it I figured that's what you meant. I would definitely make it a featured item, totally skip the buyout price because I don't think there's a limit on how much you could make off that thing. Although if you do a featured item, you'll have to pay through the nose for anything longer than two hours. But if you post the auction info here and on FM.net with some pictures, "Featured" won't really be a problem.

Ask the Zelda guy what he did.

Modus i'm going to start stalking you if you don't reply man.

I need that car man. I'm itchin

edit:

Ok just tell me when you are going to action that PLEASE!!!

I got make the moneys

Wait till the end of the week or some shit, i got get the $, that car has to be mine! I'll play forza non stop

Tokubetsu

m0dus said:
I don't think Kojima has the game :lol

though, I will be keeping ELEMENTS of the design for myself--this actual livery will stay one-of-a-kind, though.

But the question is, which one is better? the first version or the second? which gets auctioned?

Also, I have a couple of gifts in mind.

I think the second one is better.

You may want to wait until this evening to get the most eyes/bids on it. It's the middle of the night in Japan, and morning/early afternoon in the US. Neither is exactly prime gaming time.

m0dus said:
People dig it with the hand?

I like the one with the hand better. So put the 1st one in the action house. :lol

Could you take a picture of the 2nd one, closer to the hood? Because the hand on the side looks awesome, but on the hood is a bit far away, but i like it.

Take it like this

gf4.jpg

NeXuSDK

I prefer without the hand to be honest...

BTW I hate all you people... except if you send me gifts. Then I love you :D

I'm filled with envy...

Ok what the ****...

I hadn't seen the action house in like 3 days, but there's some pussy ass cars going for over 500,000, and there's one at 1000000, and one at 1500000.

Aw man, that just sucks. That's borderline rediculous, people are inflating the market.

Doesn't make any reasonable sense. :(

That modus car will sell for what, 2,000,000 now?

:_____(

*goes cry in the corner*

Actually there's an RX7 going for 2,600,000. Anybody has any pics of it? One of the things i don't understand while browsing the auction house is why can't i see images of the car? They're soo tiny.

pr0cs

Well I expect cars with extreme paint to go for 2,000,000. It makes sense to me anyway. you either have the art skills or you dont, if you don't then you pay for a custom design.

I wish I had something worth putting on here but my designs look like ass

pr0cs said:
Well I expect cars with extreme paint to go for 2,000,000. It makes sense to me anyway. you either have the art skills or you dont, if you don't then you pay for a custom design.

I wish I had something worth putting on here but my designs look like ass

You think 2,000,000 makes sense?

How do people get the money?

I can't even imagine being able to make that much money just playing the game. Basically if you want to buy an extreme paint, you have to be selling extreme paints.

:/

Dina

Awesome thread guys. I have about 8 designs running around in my head and can't wait to dig in on friday. Keep it up!

Razoric

Banned
Merovingian said:

How do people get the money?

I can't even imagine being able to make that much money just playing the game. Basically if you want to buy an extreme paint, you have to be selling extreme paints.

Do a lot of online racing. Maybe trick out a car with parts and just a small paint job and test the waters to see how it sells.

I'm mass producing one of my Metallica paint jobs and making some cash.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay modus, name your price.

I want one of your cars. You could put a big goddamn MODUS logo on it too.

btw please name your price in CANDY.

pr0cs

Merovingian said:

I don't know, I haven't played a ton of the game yet. I don't know what sort of prize money you get for winning races with the high-rank cars in career mode.

If 2mil is next to impossible to get then yeah it is stupid, but if you're finished say 1/2 of the game and you have 2 mil then to me that is not unreasonable. If it takes an artist 8 hours to design and create a truly unique piece then I should have to game 8+ hours to earn enough scratch to pay for it.

I know what you mean, I have a feeling though that after a while prices will equalize anyway.

Razoric said:
Do a lot of online racing. Maybe trick out a car with parts and just a small paint job and test the waters to see how it sells.

the car is going for 3.2 million now. cmon, this is absurd...

Just saw this:

769.jpg

772.jpg

762.jpg

No wonder prices sky rocket on these cars. Japanese players give no quarter in order to get ahold of those cars.

Razoric

Banned
pr0cs said:
I don't know, I haven't played a ton of the game yet. I don't know what sort of prize money you get for winning races with the high-rank cars in career mode.

If 2mil is next to impossible to get then yeah it is stupid, but if you're finished say 1/2 of the game and you have 2 mil then to me that is not unreasonable. If it takes an artist 8 hours to design and create a truly unique piece then I should have to game 8+ hours to earn enough scratch to pay for it.

I know what you mean, I have a feeling though that after a while prices will equalize anyway.

You do get a good bit of price money for certain online races.

Razoric said:

My Lost car made me 60 grand in just four auctions.

Dina

Merovingian said:
the car is going for 3.2 million now. cmon, this is absurd...

Just saw this:

769.jpg

772.jpg

762.jpg

No wonder prices sky rocket on these cars. Japanese players give no quarter in order to get ahold of those cars.

Evangelion and Tony Taka is still hot over there.

Designs are not that awesome tbh. Especially the Tony Taka ones (first and second) look nothing like the original.

Xamdou

I just bought this off Auction House.

cr.jpg

cfFINAL.jpg

fecc7606-0696-4e1d-8b56-ec605568abd.jpg

Got some other ones like a Blue Dragon and Rukia one, I'll post them later.

Tieno

m0dus two car designs are probably the best I've seen so far art wise. They're very well put together with great artistic taste.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
m0dus, if you gift me the car, I will be sure Kojima gets the images of your MG-S2000. Guaranteed. :)

Could any of you (Modus?) do something like

Final_Fantasy_8-Back.jpg

On the hood.

final_fantasy8_jpg.jpg

On the side?

Or something more simple like

TinaShawal_Squall.jpg

Man if you can i'll pay pal you man or something like that. I was never good drawing, but i would pay you to make this

ff8-squallrinoa.jpg

Tieno

We need m0dus (or someone else) to do a good Halo/master chief car...inspired by a cool halo (concept) art.

m0dus said:
The only problem is, it's Final Fantasy VIII. It's like asking me to do a Dawson's Creek livery. my overwhelming manliness will not allow me to, sadly.

hmm . . . Dawson's Creek . . . .

I guess it's fair. What about?

5ycf3o0.png

My dream is the Face of solid Snake of Mgs2 in the suit of Mgs1-

Master chief would be cool too

66y2lgx.jpg

1c.gif

6gmkpc3.jpg

MCD

m0dus said:
I wonder why it's so impossible to find hi-res artworks these days. I was toying with the idea of a ZOE one for a while, but I couldn't find anything big enough to use for reference.

Here is your ZOE:

BenjaminBirdie said:
The Remote Linking one will take some time but the second two are cake.

6byopwi.jpg

6870mmg.jpg

With the quote: "Excellent speech my friend!... The gift of the silver tongue. They say it's the mark of a good officer... and of a liar! Americans are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth! "

Can you?

Dina

Probably been answered, but to create text, you need to reshape the in-game decals, right?

No easy way out here?

Top Bottom