• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Illuminati said:
Where is this "multiplayer thread" the OP is referring to? I just want to know if players can drop in and out of games mid-game.

That would be great to know.

dejay

Banned
1208289662.jpg

That wanted circle looks quite large for a single star - over two city blocks. Imagine the wanted circle for three stars.

Jel0man

Hmm this notice sent to Dutch retailers kind of crushes my hopes to get the game early:lol.

It basically says that Take Two will ship the game to retailers early, but that retailers may only begin delivering the copies to their stores starting the 28th. Of course, stores are not allowed to sell the game before the 29th. If a store is crazy enough to break this rule, they can pay Take Two 25.000 euros:D.

Breda, 15 april 2008

Van Take Two Interactive Benelux BV.

Geachte relatie,

De officiële Streetdate en streettime van Grand Theft auto IV (GTA IV) Playstation 3 en Xbox 360 is dinsdag 29 april 2008, (Streetdate). Om in de Benelux een gelijktijdige release van GTA IV op 29 april 2008 voor alle partners mogelijk te maken, zullen wij deze titel tijdig aan u uitleveren. Dit betekent dat u het product voor de officiële Streetdate ontvangt. Wij zien deze vroegtijdige uitlevering als dienst om gelijke verkoopkansen te bieden aan alle relaties, door iedereen de mogelijkheid te geven gelijktijdig de verkoop te starten.

Voorwaarden voor vroegtijdige uitlevering zijn:

Het is NIEMAND toegestaan GTA IV voor de streetdate te installeren, gebruiken of doen gebruiken.
Het is niet toegestaan GTA IV voor de streetdate aan eindgebruikers, medewerkers of derden te leveren.
Het is niet toegestaan GTA IV voor de streetdate voor consumenten zichtbaar in een winkel te laten zijn.
GTA IV mag op 28 april en absoluut NIET EERDER afgeleverd worden aan uw filialen/winkels zodat iedereen vanaf 29 april kan gaan verkopen. U dient uw medewerkers voldoende te informeren dat NIEMAND (medewerkers noch klanten) GTA IV voor de streetdate mag kopen, verkrijgen, installeren, gebruiken of doen gebruiken!!

Mocht u (uw onderneming) zich niet aan bovenstaande voorwaarden houden of GTA IV voor de Streetdate aan een eindgebruiker of medewerker (laten) leveren of (laten) gebruiken, dan zullen wij uw onderneming met een boete van Ç 25.000,00 belasten wegens contractbreuk. Daarnaast zal uw onderneming geen voorrang krijgen bij een volgende levering van GTA IV (restant D1 levering) en in de toekomst worden uitgesloten van vroegtijdige leveringen.

MMaRsu

Banned
hmm well I know this one shop, you know I give them the money when they get it in, they give me the game but don't register the sale till the day the game comes out...

hope that works this time too! :p

pulga

Banned
AniHawk said:
Hard to believe it's been four years since the last GTA. Really looking forward to this.

This has got to be the biggest April in video game history. ...Or at least the last decade.

It's been four years since San Andreas? Fuck, time sure flies. I guess the PSP games kept my sociopathic needs in check.

neojubei

12 more days left, and yet it still feels like forever. I hope Amazon ships it on the 28th or I'll have to go to best buy or find the game elsewhere.

Brashnir

dejay said:
That wanted circle looks quite large for a single star - over two city blocks. Imagine the wanted circle for three stars.

maybe the circle is the same, but there's a lot more cops, making the effective area covered much larger.

Have there been any leaks as far as the cast goes?

Jel0man said:
Hmm this notice sent to Dutch retailers kind of crushes my hopes to get the game early:lol.

It basically says that Take Two will ship the game to retailers early, but that retailers may only begin delivering the copies to their stores starting the 28th. Of course, stores are not allowed to sell the game before the 29th. If a store is crazy enough to break this rule, they can pay Take Two 25.000 euros:D.
There's a lot of things like this but most of the stores sell at least the game one day before the official release date.
Wich means that i'm almost sure to have my copy the 28th.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm not a huge GTA fan, but I have to admit this game is tempting. I've only finished one GTA game, I usually give up a few hours in because it gets too complicated/frustrating/repetitive in its mission structure. What I love about GTA is the atmosphere and presentation, and that's why I can't ignore this game. But I am a bit worried about the game going down the realistic slope a bit too far. This for example:

If a train leaves at 10:00 am and you arrive at 10:01 am, you fail the mission. Missions also happen on specific days. If it's Monday, sometimes you will have a mission that starts on Wednesday.

I just don't see the point, I don't find it immersive nor fun to miss out on a mission because I crashed my car on the way there, or got side-tracked while exploring a new area. Hope there's a way to fast-forward time (other than saving).

FirewalkR

This thread is not for avatar reqs, but all avatars must be present, so here I am!

Now... something on-topic... errrr.... mine day 1!!! There.

dejay said:
1208289662.jpg

One star is generally non-lethal cops on foot or in passing cars. Hop in a car or on a bike and you're out of the circle within a couple of seconds.

BeeDog

So has it been stated from what country the main character is from? They keep saying he's from Eastern Europe, so I'm leaning towards Serbia, since the name sounds very Serbian. Also, in the OPM review they spoil a mission where
Albanians crash a funeral
, so that further confirms my guess.

Haunted

Nicowalk avatars have to be present? oh snap.

reddeadrevolveravatarnicowalk.gif

Tieno said:
Bittersweet symphony is in GTA? That's one of my favourite songs!
*high fives*

Can't count the times I've listened to this song playing the previous GTAs. (custom soundtrack FTW!)

derder

So is it officially coming out for the pc this fall, or is that just rumored?

I thought all the multiplayer modes were known... wasn't it from a Spanish Magazine or something?

It also sounds like the PC version could fix all the graphical flaws of the game... I guess I really am going to have to upgrade this year :/

I dont think Bittersweet symphony is in GTA IV, that's just a video I made after people starting wondering what the song would be like with the trailer.

With 18 radio stations, I'm hoping for at least 4 or 5 talk radio stations.

1208289662.jpg

The camera angle there is a little strange. I'm guessing they moved the camera before making the screenshot for dramatic effect but chose to leave the HUD in the image. I doubt that Niko would ever be that far off center.

dmshaposv

Felix Lighter said:
With 18 radio stations, I'm hoping for at least 4 or 5 talk radio stations.

1208289662.jpg

The camera angle there is a little strange. I'm guessing they moved the camera before making the screenshot for dramatic effect but chose to leave the HUD in the image. I doubt that Niko would ever be that far off center.

most likely. Its not like you could play any TPS at such an angle anyway.

rhino4evr

The OPM review was much better written then the OXM review. Although it did have a lot more spoilers. I'm trying to keep my expectations lowered, but it sounds like tthey have really polished the overall GTA experience. A smaller map, better aiming, and a more tightly focused story are all big pluses for me.

rhino4evr said:
The OPM review was much better written then the OXM review. Although it did have a lot more spoilers. I'm trying to keep my expectations lowered, but it sounds like tthey have really polished the overall GTA experience. A smaller map, better aiming, and a more tightly focused story are all big pluses for me.

Anything on euphoria?

Vaxadrin

Banned

Doesn't it look like there's some kind of filter on this image? Not like it's cel-shaded, but like someone took a screenshot and used one of the "make it look like a painting" filters in photoshop. Look at the edges around Nico and the raindrops. It almost looks like the whole thing is a watercolor painting.

I can't stop looking at it.

Really liked GTA3. Loved Vice City. San Andreas was awful. This is sounding more akin to 3 and VC so I'm pumped. Can't wait to pick it up.

keanerie

Loving the HUD in these screens. The minimal presence of the weapon and stars icon (though they definitely look really sleek) is really top-notch, imo.

All those radio stations sound awsome but what is Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall) What is dance hall music? Just curious.

And why the hell isn't there Flashback FM so we can have some awsome classic 80's music?

neojubei

rhino4evr said:

cool. i hope my bookstore has this issue.

Too bad I have to sell this to you people at midnight! You better be happy!

I should take the day after off...This plus MGS beta should make it a fun couple of weeks.

I think
Donald Trump
is supposed to make a cameo in this as himself. Can anyone confirm this yet? There is supposed to be someone who uses their real name in this game...and no, you can't kill him.

kylej

Banned
I still remember Black Thursday last August when they announced the delay.

Can't believe we're less than 2 weeks away

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Has anyone heard anything regarding a CD boxed set for the soundtrack yet? The whole Amazon.com MP3 downloads feature makes me worried that they've decided that a boxed set so large would not appeal to enough people and are not planning to release one.

That Bittersweet Symphony trailer gave me chills. Such a perfect song for the vibe -- I really hope it's in the game

And count me as +1 for the new HUD. Much simpler, sleeker and less cartoony.

Top Bottom