• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PedroLumpy said:
You raise an interesting point. What would have happened if he switched weapons as his rifle got stuck? Would it have appeared on his back?
I want to know what would happen if he had a weapon at his feet he could switch the sniper with.

These are the sorts of questions that demand answers from Top Men at Bungie.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Shake Appeal said:
I want to know what would happen if he had a weapon at his feet he could switch the sniper with.

These are the sorts of questions that demand answers from Top Men at Bungie.

No need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJgqNulW78

Fast forward to 4:10.

Shake Appeal said:
It would seem urk's twitch thinking has the beating of my more sluggish, methodical, composed thinking.

I heard you were in a fine mood Friday night. Let's chalk it up to recovery.

Chinner

Banned
MaritalWheat said:
Wow, I never realized you could snipe rockets. Now I feel that its my duty to constantly do this, to the probable woe of my teammates.
doesn't have to be a sniper, i've br'd a rocket before. got footage as well.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
MaritalWheat said:
Wow, I never realized you could snipe rockets. Now I feel that its my duty to constantly do this, to the probable woe of my teammates.
you can BR them to. You can also throw a plasma grenade onto a vehicle, shoot a rocket directly at it and the rocket will spiral (sloooooolwy) out of control

Cuckooo said:
man i need to load up halo and find something to complain about, because over the last 4/5 pages there has been so much complaining about mm and playlists.

Its because they are pretty awful. Most of them are currently ruined, and some of the ideas that are out there are just so lame. A lot of ideas are currently being ignored for ideas that aren't being asked for (Snipers)

kylej said:
Every weekly update should have a paragraph written by Shishka about what he did for the past week.

I agree, when you have a job doing something you supposedly love to do, it wouldn't be much to ask for for a paragraph writeup. After all this is what the fans want to hear. What playlists are being worked on, whats coming up. We really could care less who won your golf tournament.

EazyB

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I agree, when you have a job doing something you supposedly love to do, it wouldn't be much to ask for for a paragraph writeup. After all this is what the fans want to hear. What playlists are being worked on, whats coming up. We really could care less who won your golf tournament.
I think it's pretty obvious what Shiska, and others, have been working on lately; the Septemeber playlist update. Whether it's as awesome as your oh-so awesome playlist ideas full of incomparably awesomeness, that's to be decided.

EazyB said:
I think it's pretty obvious what Shiska, and others, have been working on lately; the Septemeber playlist update. Whether it's as awesome as your oh-so awesome playlist ideas full of incomparably awesomeness, that's to be decided.

Yea then he can write up a few sentences about it. Like with some detail. Because I've seen the September playlist update list but a lot of it was supposedly behind the scenes. It should be because the list I saw of notified improvements should have been implemented already since it wasn't that meaty if there were no behind the scenes stuff. And lets be honest everyone here would love to hear about the behind the scenes updates.

Ramirez said:
Captain Blood even gets them mixed up in person. :lol ;)

lol
1441621772_40a539b361.jpg

LukeSmith

xxjuicesxx said:
Its because they are pretty awful. Most of them are currently ruined, and some of the ideas that are out there are just so lame. A lot of ideas are currently being ignored for ideas that aren't being asked for (Snipers)

No one is going to post their job description (what you're doing here, is trying to get Shishka to post what he's working on, so that you can keep tabs on him lol), Shishka doesn't need to update you on what he's been working on for the last week - despite your deluded sense of self, he doesn't answer to you.

Your hyperbole long ago overshadowed your insight.

xxjuicesxx said:
If only I had playlist control. Guarantee to post higher population numbers if I did.:D

:lol :lol :lol

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea then he can write up a few sentences about it. Like with some detail. Because I've seen the September playlist update list but a lot of it was supposedly behind the scenes. It should be because the list I saw of notified improvements should have been implemented already since it wasn't that meaty if there were no behind the scenes stuff. And lets be honest everyone here would love to hear about the behind the scenes updates.

It's nice to want things.

LukeSmith said:
No one is going to post their job description (what you're doing here, is trying to get Shishka to post what he's working on, so that you can keep tabs on him lol), Shishka doesn't need to update you on what he's been working on for the last week - despite your deluded sense of self, he doesn't answer to you.

Your hyperbole long ago overshadowed your insight.

:lol :lol :lol

It's nice to want things.

You just replied like a 8 year old would. Seriously read that. And your three lol faces , while extremely hurtful to my ego, does not make my statement any less valid. But good game sir.

xxjuicesxx said:
You just replied like a 8 year old would. Seriously read that. And your three lol faces , while extremely hurtful to my ego, does not make my statement any less valid. But good game sir.

I would say constantly whining about a snipers playlist and how you could do a better job does but heh

LukeSmith

xxjuicesxx said:

I don't need to invalidate your statement, Juice - that would imply it's valid in the first place :(

There's no attempts in the aforementioned post to hurt your ego, or redden your butt. I think you're reading it wrong.

xxjuicesxx said:
You just replied like a 8 year old would.
Really? It seemed perfectly reasonable to me. I would think the only 8 year old here would be the one continuously whining for 5 pages straight about how Team Snipers isn't a ranked playlist, the current playlist setup, and how Shishka isn't writing you personal letters about what he did yesterday.

I just played ranked matches for the first time last night, thing is my friend that I partied up with was level 30 so it was a bit of a trial by fire for me. I was at least even or actually positive most matches but some I got absolutely raped in. One Team Slayer match on the Narrows with Shotty/Snipers was particularily good for the other team, I imagine I made for a great moving target.

MasterChief2829 said:
Assembly
Citadel
Heretic
Longshore
Orbital
Sandbox

Looking forward to these, because Halo 3 has been getting pretty boring.
For what it's worth, Citadel and Heretic are my favorite names out of the bunch. And if Miller's design with Assembly is any indication, these next maps (if that's what they are) may usher in the golden age of strategic and competitive multiplayer for Halo 3, much like Sanctuary, Terminal and Turf with Halo 2 in 2005.

FFChris

Hi guys, I've been away for a week. Has anything interesting happened with regards to the TU2, new maps, playlist changes? Any new info?

swander

FFChris said:
Hi guys, I've been away for a week. Has anything interesting happened with regards to the TU2, new maps, playlist changes? Any new info?

it's bungie what do you think lol

TU2 pushed back a week to late September, no news on maps but there is a new podcast.

MIMIC

Banned
I think I'm starting to suck at Halo. I used to be a 47 in LW but I'm struggling against 10-20 lvl people on my second account (even though I can tell that 40% of the people I play against are second accounters, too. :lol). Maybe I'm not trying hard enough :-/ I mean, I still win but there's no way I should be dying.

Brainboy

To: Shake Appeal, Ghaleon, et al
Regarding: Halo 3 Mythbusters

You can find the second episode here.
Also I'm surprised none of you have seen these videos. You must not read HBO.

Dirtbag

xxjuicesxx said:
I'm not going to play the who's wittier than who game, and bother to whip up some clever response

Dude, just shut the fuck up.

MIMIC

Banned
Brainboy said:

That's a really interesting video.

:lol :lol :lol @ the Elite Neck myth. Holy shit!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Brainboy said:

:( @ 3:27.

THAT is the problem with Elites.

Numbers

xxjuicesxx said:
GTFOjuice.gif

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Dirtbag 504 said:
Oh wow.

:lol :lol :lol (3 for justice)

Juices is the new dax. Demanding answers and information; extreme lolz.

The fact is, they could have easily released the game and all gone on vacation for a few years, and done absolutely nothing to or for halo 3. Get over yourself fool.

Numbers

PTCoakley said:
Was bored, so I made this:

hawtimg.jpg

New podcast was pretty good, though it sucks they don't do 'em every week, or even month.
That's one hawt img.

CrazedArabMan said:
wow, is this Dax thing going to go on forever or something.
Depressingly enough, it will end when the REAL Dax comes back :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom