• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

Buttonbasher said:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o247/Buttonbasher/ai_02.jpg
Resized, Cropped, and color corrected. Makes for awesome Zune Wallpaper (probably [B]iPhone[/B] too).[/QUOTE]
Thank you, kind sir.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Buttonbasher said:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o247/Buttonbasher/ai_02.jpg
Resized, Cropped, and color corrected. Makes for awesome Zune Wallpaper (probably iPhone too).

Nice, thanks.

Honestly, it would be a much better picture with a better pose, that one just makes her look like that blow up doll Ram dresses up as his girl friend. ;)

SpudBud

Metroidvania said:
Nice, thanks.

Honestly, it would be a much better picture with a better pose, that one just makes her look like that blow up doll Ram dresses up as his girl friend. ;)
Oh snap.

Sibylus

Banned
Metroidvania said:
Nice, thanks.

Looks like somebody took a screenie of her before an animator got to do any posing :p

Ramirez

Metroidvania said:
Nice, thanks.

Don't make me go there, please!

EazyB

Banned
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Trasher

Eazy, why would you do such a thing to that Bungie employee? Or is that some poor kid that won a Recon challenge? You are a horrible covenant being.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
You act as if I wasn't baited into saying something. ;) Eazy knows his place.

under my balls

Nah, the past few months have shown the complete opposite. :)

Kibbles said:
It begins... again.

sigh. Everyone knows I'm the first one to call *TRUE* on any Halo-5-being-made-by-Nintendo-exclusive-to-iPhone-type rumors, but that banner has been popping up from time to time even after the canned E3 announcement so there's really nothing new going on. :p

Sibylus

Banned
Pretty good Eazy, but you need to reverse the position of the speech bubbles in the last panel, people will read "can't make any promises" before reading "be gentle".
nwms7c.jpg

Kibbles said:
New Bungie.net images popping up...

New Superintendent stuff. So maybe the reveal next week is real?

Edit: I just got it as well, kept refreshing a forum post page.

Also, here is the ad that popped up for us. lol @ the 3rd box ''subliminal message 01''
http://www.bungie.net/images/ads/vertical_banners/bnet_03_vert_ad_200.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]
It's not new stuff, but the fact that it's back is nice I guess.

kylej

Banned
If I send Shishka a fruit basket can we get Team Snipes. I'll buy one of the good ones with the soaps and fancy crackers and cheeses.

ok, quick question, can anyone real quick explain a little bit about the true skill and ranking, I know there are threads about it but I just don't feel like trying to search for them, and I know GAF probably has a better understanding of it. Ex: won 6 games of TS in a row at 49, lost one, then one the last. Would that reset you reaching 50 or is it dealt with another way.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
CrazedArabMan said:
ok, quick question, can anyone real quick explain a little bit about the true skill and ranking, I know there are threads about it but I just don't feel like trying to search for them, and I know GAF probably has a better understanding of it. Ex: won 6 games of TS in a row at 49, lost one, then one the last. Would that reset you reaching 50 or is it dealt with another way.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=14414600

In other words: No, it won't reset your goal for reaching 50. Losing from time to time actually helps (yeah the TrueSkill system is that dumb).

GhaleonEB

"The Rescue"

Sandtrap, BTB, CTF

53135601-Full.jpg

We've moved their flag out of the Elephant, but the defenses swarmed to it. A Warthog and gunner are trying to fend them off, but they are out numbered as the Chopper moves in. Me? I used to be in that Chopper. They killed me.

53135670-Full.jpg

But I do what any Spartan would do - upon respawning I get into a Warthog and drive off without a gunner.

53135740-Full.jpg

Okay, I did stop and honk at Merguson to see if he wanted to gun. But he wanted to snipe, apparently. That, or he didn't hear me honking. (Sorry.)

53135739-Full.jpg

I round the corner and find the scene of a slaughter. Our 'Hog driver and gunner went down. I aim away from the Chopper - and for the Blue dude on foot.

53135812-Full.jpg

Lucky for me, the infantry and Chopper were both transfixed by a Banshee piloted by a guy I'll call "Dan".

53135900-Full.jpg

I bank around the other 'Hog for cover, but there was no need. "Dan's" fuel rod was true.

53135946-Full.jpg

Time to extract the flag. Is that Dirtbag I see in the distance, moving in on the flag?

53136000-Full.jpg

It is! Hi Dirtbag!

Now, I was expecting him to move in and grab the flag. But he didn't. He spotted some Blue dudes moving in, and banks away from them.

53136028-Full.jpg

It's really important to note I though he was going to walk forward, not moonwalk backward.

53136095-Full.jpg

It is also important to note that in this moment, I am bailing out the Warthog. No contact has been made with Dirtbag - who still has no clue he's about to be turned into his namesake. Therefore, it is the momentum of the unpiloted Warthog that proceeded to crush him. I take no responsibility.

53136119-Full.jpg

See? I have my sights set on grander things: the flag.

53136169-Full.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't spot the two guys Dirtbag was backpedaling from, and they blow me the fuck up.

THE END

Ah, a pure classic with a betrayal and explosive death at the end. I need to start getting some more stories. (goes to search his recent games).

Also, I understand the trueskill now, I was mostly looking at the 65% win ratio needed in the playlist, and after my last game, I got it to 66%, so maybe if I win a couple more games in a row and get more wins then I lose, then I should get my 50 then. Also, with AU2, it said its resetting xp, so if the roll out with it and I get my 50 in TS lets say the day it comes out, will I have to re-get the 600 xp, just to finally get the general as my symbol for customs or with I still be a brig.

GhaleonEB

Dirtbag 504 said:
I love how casual and nonchalant you look as you climb from your crime scene :lol
That's actually my favorite shot in the scene. I'm like, "Was that a bump? I thought I felt a bump. Ah, must have been nothing."

CrazedArabMan said:
Also, I understand the trueskill now, I was mostly looking at the 65% win ratio needed in the playlist, and after my last game, I got it to 66%, so maybe if I win a couple more games in a row and get more wins then I lose, then I should get my 50 then. Also, with AU2, it said its resetting xp, so if the roll out with it and I get my 50 in TS lets say the day it comes out, will I have to re-get the 600 xp, just to finally get the general as my symbol for customs or with I still be a brig.

Quoted, just so I can get a quick answer before I get some sleep.

Dirtbag

GhaleonEB said:
That's actually my favorite shot in the scene. I'm like, "Was that a bump? I thought I felt a bump. Ah, must have been nothing."

Its photos like that where I sit back and think, how could anyone honestly dislike this game.
Even the fact that you can take that picture after the match and post it, still amazes me... well maybe not amazes me... but its pretty friggen cool (yeah friggen, I said it - WHAT!).

Happy Halo times.
Can we share the love now and turn this thread around..... *que the marvin gaye

GhaleonEB

Dirtbag 504 said:
Its photos like that where I sit back and think, how could anyone honestly dislike this game.
Even the fact that you can take that picture after the match and post it, still amazes me... well maybe not amazes me... but its pretty friggen cool (yeah friggen, I said it - WHAT!).

Happy Halo times.
I was trying to tell someone the other day - at PAX - that one of the things I love about Halo is how hilarious it frequently is. At least, when I play most games contain a series of scenes like that which have me laughing pretty hard. Backfires. Accidental betrayals. Awesome moments of luck. Scenes of untouched anarchy like Wu posted a few pages back. Every game is a series of little stories like that.

And yeah, just being able to go back through the games and review, clip, photograph them is a real marvel. It's one of the things that keeps me coming back. "What kind of crazy shit will go down this time?" is what I'm thinking at the start of BTB games.

Can't wait for the new playlists. So many stories to be told. :D

Azar

Dirtbag 504 said:
Happy Halo times.

How about Al Green instead?

I, I'm so in love with you,
whatever you want to do,
is alright with me,
'cause you make me feel
so brand-new,
I want to spend my life with you,
they say it seems, baby,
since we've been together,
loving you forever,
is what I need.
Let me be the one you come runnin' to,
I'll never be, ah, untrue,
Ooo baby,
Let's... Let's stay together,
loving you whether, whether,
times are good or bad,
happy or sad,
whether time are good or bad,
happy or sad.

Dirtbag

Azar said:
How about Al Green instead?

I, I'm so in love with you,
whatever you want to do,
is alright with me,
'cause you make me feel
so brand-new,
I want to spend my life with you,
they say it seems, baby,
since we've been together,
loving you forever,
is what I need.
Let me be the one you come runnin' to,
I'll never be, ah, untrue,
Ooo baby,
Let's... Let's stay together,
loving you whether, whether,
times are good or bad,
happy or sad,
whether time are good or bad,
happy or sad.

Fuck no Al Green is overbalanced..... Fix the Marvin Gaye spread and we'll talk.

EazyB

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
Fuck no Al Green is overbalanced..... Fix the Marvin Gaye spread and we'll talk.
You remember when I drove you to the bar you got stood up in. When you asked what kind of music I listen to. Marvin and Al all the fucking way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom